Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:32 pm

How on earth did she get so famous? I never heard of her being in movies or singing. Just a commercial parents hated.

CleverCait
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2005, 8:33 pm

I haven't been able to figure this one out, either...

Maybe it's because she's rich?

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:37 pm

Alot of rich people have kids. They aren't famous.

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:40 pm

[i]How on earth did she get so famous? I never heard of her being in movies or singing. Just a commercial parents hated.[/]]

There was - allegedly - a smutty video featuring Pari Hilton released onto the Internet. This produced a lot of 'notoriety' (read: hype), which has continually been amplified by the lower sections of the mass media.

Nobody has proven categorically that this video recording did in fact feature Pari Hilton, but it is on the basis of this, plus her consummate PR (Public Relations, which is just bull**** speak for marketing hype), work has ensured that she remains the cynosure of all media eyes.

I have vowed that I will never stay in a Hilton Hotel. OK, so I can't exactly afford to do so right now, but don't let that get in the way of a 'good principle'..

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:43 pm

Her Chihuahua made her famous. When he was psuedo kidnapped, her popularity soared. Don't know why. 8O

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:49 pm

Tere wrote:
Her Chihuahua made her famous. When he was psuedo kidnapped, her popularity soared. Don't know why. 8O

Compassion for the Dog I suppose (the four-legged one, I mean).

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:51 pm

Sounds like the runaway bride. They want to make a movie about her.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:54 pm

They already had a runaway bride movie...

It starred Richard Gere and Julia Roberts...

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:55 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
Sounds like the runaway bride. They want to make a movie about her.

As long as its Four Weddings and a Funeral (with particular emphasis on the Funeral), I don't really mind.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 9:09 pm

She's the Heiress daughter of Rick Hilton and Kathy Richards, of the Hilton Hotel empire. That's how she became well known. You don't have to sing or act to be well known if you have as much money as she and her family does. :roll:

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 9:13 pm

I forgot she had parents. What was it about the commercial parents hated? I forgot, except it was on the internet a week.

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jul 2005, 9:13 pm

heres how she became famous:

A. Video
B. Rich
C. phone got hacked

-Tony Mantanna
-Scarface

Say Good Night to the bad guy - Tony Montana
-Scarface

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 9:23 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
I forgot she had parents. What was it about the commercial parents hated? I forgot, except it was on the internet a week.

LMAO Yeah would be kinda hard to exist without parents donating their genetics and well later on their fortune in her case. :roll: :lol:

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 9:40 pm

Paris Hilton has been famous in the gossip columns for years because she is a heiress to the Hilton hotel fortune, but that hasn't gotten her the fame she now enjoys. A couple of months before a reality TV show starring her and her sister Nikki Hilton called The Simple Life was to debut, a sex video with her and an ex-lover was leaked onto the Internet. She sues her ex-lover and gets a cut of the profits and earns notoriety as the world's richest skank. I wish I knew none of this; unfortunately, if you watch a little television, it's unavoidable. Her cell phone being stolen is after the fact.

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

13 Jul 2005, 9:46 pm

Yet more proof that American culture is just a big version of high school. You're popular, not for being smart, having integrity, being compassionate or doing hard work but for how much Prada, Gucci, diamonds and other material possessions you own. And being rich, having a famous last name and being a blond white girl with skimpy attire helps, too.

Notice I said "white" because being black cancels that out automatically unless they're part of the entertainment industry. Our superficiality is one of many things I absolutely HATE about this country. :evil:

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2005, 9:25 am

nirrti wrote:
Yet more proof that American culture is just a big version of high school. You're popular, not for being smart, having integrity, being compassionate or doing hard work but for how much Prada, Gucci, diamonds and other material possessions you own. And being rich, having a famous last name and being a blond white girl with skimpy attire helps, too.

Notice I said "white" because being black cancels that out automatically unless they're part of the entertainment industry. Our superficiality is one of many things I absolutely HATE about this country. :evil:

There is a lot of evidence of those values being the norm in the UK as well.

Perhaps high school is the training ground, to equip most people (those who play by the the social rules), to compete in the dog-eat-dog world of mainstream society.