Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 8:02 am

I took a tai chi class for six weeks and it improved my balance and coordination immensely... anyone out there have a similar experience?

I often drank chai tea just before doing tai chi, but that didn't have much effect on anything except it was fun to say :)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 8:18 am

Yes I do wing chun. It has improved my motor control and co ordination. Especially making my left side equal to my right. Also I'm more relaxed and faster. It has helped my confidence.

There is a guy there who is a tai chi and shaolin sifu. I spared with and did circuit training at one of his classes once. It was good comparing styles.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 8:45 am

I'm starting to take Tae Kwon Do. I've been to a few lessons... it's helped motivate me to excercise and feel better about myself. Physically I find it harder to use my right leg than my left but I'm sure I'll become more coordinated as I continue to do it. :)

EatingPoetry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2007, 9:44 am

I started a karate class about 20 years ago, but I cried then quit because my balance was so bad. Maybe now that I'm more mature ( :roll: ) I should try again.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 12:21 pm

Tai Chi does me lots of good and I'm glad they have classes for almost free at the company where I work.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 3:15 pm

I've trained in aikido for six or seven years now, and it has really helped my ballance, my coordination, and even my ability to get along with other people.