Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MHaniff
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Oct 2022, 12:50 pm

Introduction
My name is Mike Haniff, and I am a doctoral student at Walden University. I am conducting survey research on diet, supplementation, and pregnancy for my dissertation. I am interested in this topic as it is a particularly understudied area, and recent evidence points to a potential link to autism spectrum disorders (ASD).

About the research
This study aims to understand the role a mother’s diet, social standing, and supplementation with folate or folic acid may have on her child’s future development of autism. Comparisons will be made between mothers of children who have a child with an official ASD diagnosis from a clinician to mothers of children without an ASD diagnosis.
Volunteers must meet these requirements:
-- Mothers 18 years or older with a child aged 3-12 years who have an official ASD diagnosis from a clinician
-- Mothers 18 years or older of children aged 3-12 years who do not have an ASD diagnosis so comparisons can be made between groups

Contact details
You can ask questions via email at [email protected].

Link to the research/survey
For more information or to participate in the survey, please visit: asdsurvey.com

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 1:35 pm

It might make more sense to post this in the "Parents' discussion" sub-forum. Most of the people in here are people aged 13+ who are autistic themselves. There are a few parents here, but I imagine you'll find way more there.

I also recommend using this website: https://autismsciencefoundation.org/participate-in-research
I think it's free to add your study to the searchable database.