Just wondered, is any of you in "Second Life", and

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PenitentSpark
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2007, 1:55 am

Fuzzy wrote:
Currently I am working on a legacy project so i am looking to aquire some old accounts. SL is free to play, but i am willing to pay probably 5 bucks for ones that I use. It would involve permanent ownership by me though.

What do you need more accounts for?

/curious

I've looked into Second Life - had some fun building some things and can't wait to try out the scripting tools.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 4:11 am

PenitentSpark wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
Currently I am working on a legacy project so i am looking to aquire some old accounts. SL is free to play, but i am willing to pay probably 5 bucks for ones that I use. It would involve permanent ownership by me though.

What do you need more accounts for?

/curious

I've looked into Second Life - had some fun building some things and can't wait to try out the scripting tools.

Here is another picture. Its the endless sea on a warm summer evening. In the sky you can see one of my residents floating(you can fly in second life).

What I need more accounts for.. Three reasons.

First, I want to make movies, and I wish to use avatars controlled by script. Making movies in SL is easy and powerful, and legal within the TOS. I could make more free accounts except for the next two reasons.

Secondly, The mainland is a massive urban Sprawl. I wish to recreate the legacy of my early SL by buying up land there and making it over into parks. I dont want to fork out massive amounts of money to do that. This leads to the third part.

Third, the older accounts have specific features that make the land holding cheaper. Specifically, that is accounts that are older than March or April 2006.

Why do I need to own them? Because I must pay in at least 10 dollars(per month) to each one to make it a premium, limited land holding account. This is required for mainland ownership, but not island/private estate. I can do that with ANY character as well, but the older ones have a feature that I can use to recoup my investment. Multiple accounts thins the cost overhead.

Hope that clears that up.

I'd like to meet those of you that play SL, so drp me a private note here and I will share my SL name with you.

PseudointellectualHorse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Aug 2007, 4:52 am

Armchair psychologists might want to visit the SL "Virtual Hallucinations" project, which simulates some of the auditory and visual hallucinations that might be experienced in a schizophrenic breakdown. This is a UC-Davis-sponsored creation. Drop in and compare the sensation to your everyday life. Search on a place containing keyword "hallucinations".

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 7:03 am

I've been to that clinic several times. Really made me feel for schizophrenics.

As an aside, I use an alternate character is second life to gauge my behavoir with my primary. A few well phrased questions gets me some interesting feedback on my behavior. Its great for learning ToM.

raefactor, what is DID? Never mind. I figured it out.