Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 12:51 am

Elgee wrote:
Weird that the OP won't name what he or she is accused of doing that got a ban, despite several people here asking.

Probably because the OP didn't even see the question. There are no further posts from the OP in this thread, and only one more post from the OP anywhere else on WP.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:13 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Elgee wrote:
Weird that the OP won't name what he or she is accused of doing that got a ban, despite several people here asking.

Probably because the OP didn't even see the question. There are no further posts from the OP in this thread, and only one more post from the OP anywhere else on WP.

OP did in fact respond on page 2.

52djb wrote:
They did not provide me with any explanation of what inappropriate behaviour i think it was the fact that I complained about the operation of the store. Taking photos of delivery bikes lined up causing a safety hazard the floors not mopped enough and people almost slipping over. Drinks overflowing with too much ice, car park not large enough for everyone.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 5:39 am

OP did respond:

52djb wrote:
They did not provide me with any explanation of what inappropriate behaviour i think it was the fact that I complained about the operation of the store. Taking photos of delivery bikes lined up causing a safety hazard the floors not mopped enough and people almost slipping over. Drinks overflowing with too much ice, car park not large enough for everyone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 7:56 am

The OP should have done all this surreptitiously, and provided the evidence in his/her report after eating in McDonald’s.

52djb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2023, 9:36 pm

I am concerned about the way drinks are prepared in restaurants as they often end up staining clothes. With rising prices in the UK, it frustrates me when restaurants do not make an effort to maintain cleanliness. Due to reduced lobby staff hours, the kitchen staff does not have enough time to keep the restaurant clean, resulting in an unfit environment for customers, delivery drivers, and those using the drive-thru. I took the official route by filling out their foodforthoughts survey, which they saw me do on CCTV. As a customer, I am hyperfocused on this issue. I have not posted any incriminated photo evidence online I just care for others who use the store, I know I can just keep myself to myself but if something is not right it needs to be made aware.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 9:34 am

52djb wrote:
I am concerned about the way drinks are prepared in restaurants as they often end up staining clothes. With rising prices in the UK, it frustrates me when restaurants do not make an effort to maintain cleanliness. Due to reduced lobby staff hours, the kitchen staff does not have enough time to keep the restaurant clean, resulting in an unfit environment for customers, delivery drivers, and those using the drive-thru. I took the official route by filling out their foodforthoughts survey, which they saw me do on CCTV. As a customer, I am hyperfocused on this issue. I have not posted any incriminated photo evidence online I just care for others who use the store, I know I can just keep myself to myself but if something is not right it needs to be made aware.

So do it properly, in a way that doesn't get yourself into trouble.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 9:37 am

52djb wrote:
Has anyone on this forum who has been banned from McDonalds for inappropriate behaviour for being autistic, Any advice on how I can pursue this? They will not provide me any evidence to this effect.

No, but I got banned from a dollar store because they called the police but they didn't give me a reason why. I had tried to reach out to the local police and the dollar store's headquarters so I could get a reason. However, the police refused to release information and the HQ didn't call me back.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 8:21 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Other stores have had the nerve to ban me.

McDonald's did not ban me

What did McDonald's employees tell you, you did wrong?

In united states, "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

According to your post, you are in the united kingdom

You could write an email to corporate and ask them to write you a letter that says it was just a misunderstanding and you are allowed at McDonald's

Otherwise short of winning a civil lawsuit, you don't have the right to do anything about it

You could just go to a different McDonald's

MOST mcdonalds are likely FRANCHISES and AUTONOMOUS! So a letter of allowance from the franchisor likely won't carry much weight.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 5:58 pm

No, but I feel that would be an extreme measure..

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2023, 5:15 am

Can you even get banned from a store or a restaurant like McDonalds? I mean, do all the employes recognize the banned person?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 7:25 am

I always thought you only get banned from places if you've done bad things like stole, vandalized or abused others there. Otherwise, isn't the customer always right? So if you wrote a letter of complaint, however petty, about the health and safety of the place, they surely must respond and not result in banning you, as that isn't really a bannable offense.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2023, 10:55 am

:cheers: Achievement unlocked :cheers:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 12:19 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I always thought you only get banned from places if you've done bad things like stole, vandalized or abused others there. Otherwise, isn't the customer always right? So if you wrote a letter of complaint, however petty, about the health and safety of the place, they surely must respond and not result in banning you, as that isn't really a bannable offense.

People forget the second half of that quote: The customer is always right in matters of taste.

Basically, don't argue with them if they like something ugly.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 3:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

People forget the second half of that quote: The customer is always right in matters of taste.

I thought I was the only one who remembered the whole quote (I say it to myself every time I hear someone else say it in public. :-) )

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 7:31 am

DanielW wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I thought I was the only one who remembered the whole quote (I say it to myself every time I hear someone else say it in public. :-) )

Thank you. I did not know about the second part of the quote and the complete quote makes perfect sense while the front half does not and can set things to end badly.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 8:37 am

DanielW wrote:
Aside from the bikes causing a potential safety safety issue, the rest isn't your concern. Taking photos inside could also be a liability if you are compromising the privacy of other patrons.

Privacy? What privacy? McDonald's has already taken photos of you.