Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 4:08 am

Judging from the way many of us express our opinions in WP, I can sense that there is some degree of resentment toward NT society. It's understandable since many of us have come accross unecessary barriers in life which wouldn't exist if not for NTs. Not to mention bullying and the general nonsense of the NT world. On the other hand many of us have NT friends and relatives that are precious to us. My personal view is that we are all victims of our nature and victims of misunderstandings. What's your feeling about this? Are you resentful towards NTs?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 4:12 am

I had an enormous resentment towards NTs at one time...
It has been mitigated...

...after I realised there were a lot of a***holes in the ND community also. :mrgreen:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 4:18 am

I have no problem with NTs. I have a problem with idiots… regardless of NT/ND or whatever.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 4:57 am

I hope/ attempt to judge others as individuals and I try to refrain from lumping all "types" together, that group or class hatred is a sort of abdication of personal responsibility. It seems to be easier to blame personal troubles on others instead of seeing our own contributions to our individual struggles and work to make our lives better for ourselves. (even that is a generalization, right?)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 6:34 am

autisticelders wrote:
I hope/ attempt to judge others as individuals and I try to refrain from lumping all "types" together, that group or class hatred is a sort of abdication of personal responsibility. It seems to be easier to blame personal troubles on others instead of seeing our own contributions to our individual struggles and work to make our lives better for ourselves. (even that is a generalization, right?)

Yes, I agree very much with what you said. Victim culture has prevailed a little too much. I believe that personal responsibility is a better way towards maintaining mental health.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 6:54 am

Are you resentful towards NTs?

Not in the slightest, although I do have benign envy sometimes.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 9:38 am

I'm not resentful towards NTs. There's a lot of stuff that people do that I don't understand. My lack of understanding isn't isolated to NTs though; people in general confuse me. But for the sake of this thread, I'll just view the bulk of society and its rules being NT related since that particular category is the majority. But yeah, mostly I have a sense of confusion and sometimes I think I ought to put on some khaki pants, a spiffy polo shirt, maybe an outdoorsy hat and grab a fake microphone then observe the humans in their natural habitat (whatever that might be) and comment on it like I'm watching a herd of gazelles or a pack of lions or something. Resent? Nah. Confused and often fascinated by? Yeah.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 9:56 am

I do my best to not harbor resentment of any kind. But I cannot ignore the massive, critical, and irreparable damage that is being done to me because of how many nts treat me. And I can't ignore the fact that many nts tell me that I deserve to be treated that way.

Wreck It Ralph

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:04 am

Dengashinobi wrote:
Judging from the way many of us express our opinions in WP, I can sense that there is some degree of resentment toward NT society. It's understandable since many of us have come across unnecessary barriers in life which wouldn't exist if not for NTs. Not to mention bullying and the general nonsense of the NT world. On the other hand many of us have NT friends and relatives that are precious to us. My personal view is that we are all victims of our nature and victims of misunderstandings. What's your feeling about this? Are you resentful toward NTs?

No, not all NTs because there are people out there who do see us as normal human beings but I have found that those people probably like themselves and they are willing to be understanding. The other others who I feel resentment towards are probably very insecure.

I also can't stand it when people on the spectrum have an easy time connecting with NTS and understanding how unwritten rules work. While that's not a problem, the real issue is when they try to prove they are so much superior to others on the spectrum. Therefore, they talk to other autistics like they are stupid and don't know anything.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:05 am

skibum wrote:
And I can't ignore the fact that many nts tell me that I deserve to be treated that way.

Probably impossible, impracticable or both, but you need to get these people out of your life skibum.

Is your username related to skiing in any way?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:11 am

Recidivist wrote:
skibum wrote:
And I can't ignore the fact that many nts tell me that I deserve to be treated that way.

Probably impossible, impracticable or both, but you need to get these people out of your life skibum.

It's not possible to get "these people" out of my life. I get treated like this by almost everyone, even total strangers. I have even had some of my doctors treat me this badly. I would have to become a complete hermit with no contact with any nt at all ever if I was to get these people out of my life. I am not saying that every single nt treats me like this but enough of them do that I cannot avoid them. And yes, my name has to do with skiing.

Wreck It Ralph

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:18 am

skibum wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
skibum wrote:

It's not possible to get "these people" out of my life. I get treated like this by almost everyone, even total strangers. I have even had some of my doctors treat me this badly. I would have to become a complete hermit with no contact with any nt at all ever if I was to get these people out of my life. I am not saying that every single nt treats me like this but enough of them do that I cannot avoid them. And yes, my name has to do with skiing.

I feel you, although on a miniscule scale compared to you. I'm not quite a hermit but I have definitely removed a lot of stress from my life by eliminating being around people. I don't know how I'd react if a Dr treated me badly (well that's a lie, I would shut down and my GF would give the Dr both barrels while I try not to squirm).

Do you ski or does it just interest you? I've tried skiing on an artificial slope and it was flippin painful on my feet - never again.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2023, 10:22 am

Yes. What skibum said. I have a similar view.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:37 am

Recidivist wrote:
skibum wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
skibum wrote:

I feel you, although on a miniscule scale compared to you. I'm not quite a hermit but I have definitely removed a lot of stress from my life by eliminating being around people. I don't know how I'd react if a Dr treated me badly (well that's a lie, I would shut down and my GF would give the Dr both barrels while I try not to squirm).

Do you ski or does it just interest you? I've tried skiing on an artificial slope and it was flippin painful on my feet - never again.
Unfortunately I have no one at all in my life who is willing to protect or help me. I am a ski racer but that is a sore subject right now because the latest and most severe bout of bullying that I am trying to deal with right now happened when the staff at the place I ski physically bullied me, assaulted me, and injured me on purpose. And when I spoke to the police, the officer bullied and threatened me as well when I asked for help. I cannot give out any more info publicly. So talking about skiing right now is too painful. Maybe we can talk about it at another time. But thank you so much for asking. Skiing is very important to me.

Wreck It Ralph

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:42 am

skibum wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
skibum wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
skibum wrote:

Unfortunately I have no one at all in my life who is willing to protect or help me. I am a ski racer but that is a sore subject right now because the latest and most severe bout of bullying that I am trying to deal with right now happened when the staff at the place I ski physically bullied me, assaulted me, and injured me on purpose. And when I spoke to the police, the officer bullied and threatened me as well when I asked for help. I cannot give out any more info publicly. So talking about skiing right now is too painful. Maybe we can talk about it later.

Ah dude! WTF That's sickening :evil: . And of course, a rain/snow check on the ski talk.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:49 am

Recidivist wrote:

Ah dude! WTF That's sickening :evil: . And of course, a rain/snow check on the ski talk.

Thank you so much. Great Big Hug. :heart: :heart: :heart:

The thread I started earlier this morning kind of explains what I am feeling. I am having a very difficult time with even just surviving this.

Wreck It Ralph