Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

maybeautistic
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2023, 8:42 pm

Does anyone know any good books about autism? Like where the main character has autism. I'm not looking for clinical books more just a regular book but instead of it being about neurotypical it's about someone with autism.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 7:22 am

Some have speculated that Sherlock Holmes was Aspergers.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 7:34 am

A book that is an easy read and insightful is Pretending To Be Normal by Liane Willey

Shadweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2023, 5:53 am

maybeautistic wrote:
Does anyone know any good books about autism? Like where the main character has autism. I'm not looking for clinical books more just a regular book but instead of it being about neurotypical it's about someone with autism.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon would be a pretty good and quite well known modern example of such a thing.

I D.N.F it first time I tried to read it, before I knew I had Autism, I didn't 'get it' or get anything out of it, but I tried again and persevered with it after my diagnosis. It's worth sticking with.

Haddon is a British writer and the story is set in the UK.

The book won many prizes, including a children's book prize. The book isn't exclusively a child's book though, as it can be enjoyed by adults too, and it was published in children's and adult editions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curio ... Night-Time