Raven
Raven

18 Aug 2007, 8:31 pm

Warm.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 8:41 pm

I generally prefer warmer weather. Like today was great, 80s and sunny with a slight breeze. Had lunch outside. :) Though it does get uncomfortably hot and humid a lot during the summer where I am.
Colder weather isn't too bad as long as it's not raining. Unfortunately when it's cold, it often rains where I am. I don't mind snow, but rain in cold weather is awful.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 9:12 pm

I don't like either cold or warm really. I like the in between, where it doesn't matter what you wear it's just comfortable. Cold is painful to me to go out into it, and even more painful to warm back up from, and warm just makes me feel like I'm melting-literally. The air is too thick in warm, too thin it seems when it is cold-both are hard for me to breathe well in.

I'm my own guinea pig.

GhostsInTheWallpaper
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2007, 9:33 pm

I'm NT, and I prefer warm and humid (dewpoint in mid 60s to lower 70s or so), but not above 90 degrees if it's humid. Especially at night - warm humid nights are my favorite. I'm not sure if there's any real life or internet friend who shares this preference - all who have spoken up on the matter have spoken up against it.

I grew up in Massachusetts, where we get a little bit of everything as long as it's not below 0 F or above 100 F in absolute temperature. (I don't think I've ever, except in extremely rare cases, seen absolute temperatures outside this range, although heat indices and wind chills can get out of this range just fine.)

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2007, 10:30 pm

Not that I dislike summer, but I say the cooler the better for utilitarian reasons. I can always put something else on when it's cold, and even when I don't, my weird metabolism compensates. It might just be due to the crap I eat though, since I can also sweat even when inactive at room temperature. I can endure cold longer than most people too. The dairy I once worked at put me to good use in their industrial freezer. I mean, I wore a winter coat, but no one else with the same could stay in for hours like I could.
I'm in Michigan by the way, not some extreme climate.
I can at least think clearly in cold; in heat, my IQ must go down a good 20 points.

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 10:43 pm

The temperature depends on the humidity.

I am from Houston, Texas, and summers are very unbearable. Highs are usually in the 90s, and the humidity is usually at least 70%, bringing the heat index up to the 115 degree area.

Summer is pretty much the only season here in the Bayou City. There have been times where it has been 80+ degrees on Christmas Day.

Next week, I will be relocating to a place where there is much less humidity.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TheTraditionalFrog
Raven
Raven

18 Aug 2007, 11:15 pm

Personally, I prefer cold and Winter.

I also love snow, and in large amounts! But then again what can you expect from someone with Serbo/Russian and British background.

I absolutely can not stand heat and humidity. When it gets much above 24C (75F) I get miserable. This summer here in Indianapolis has been abosulutely horrid. We have had two weeks at 32C+ (90F+) and very high humidity and dewpoint. It felt more like Houston, TX or Jekyll Island, GA. It seems the already hot and humid Indy summers are getting worse every year. Thus global warming!

I generally keep my air conditioner set between 18C-20C (65F-68F). Thus guests call me "polar bear" and claim I live in a refrigerator. The truth be know I hate the canned forced air, but alas I have no good alternative. No, before it is suggested, I am not going to move!

As for rain, I like it at night when I want to sleep. I have Seasonal Affective disorder, and long gloomy periods get up my nose!

Autumn is my next favourite followed by Spring.

SirCannonFodder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2007, 11:27 pm

I definitely prefer the cold (although ask me that a year ago, and I would have said warm). I generally dress for temperatures a few degrees warmer than most other people (eg, when everyone else is in sweaters and long pants, I'm in a t-shirt and shorts), and sometimes I'm still in a t-shirt in the middle of winter.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 11:28 pm

Cool weather.
I love the feeling of a crisp fall or winter morning - I feel like I have twice as much energy as when it's warm. Anything above 80 and I cease to function; I'd rather have cool and overcast, or even rainy, than warm and sunny, especially if it's humid.

I grew up in a city with hot summers, and I couldn't sleep when it was too hot.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 11:50 pm

if i haven't already answered this ...

cold, definitely.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 11:54 pm

Cool.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 12:03 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
The temperature depends on the humidity.

I am from Houston, Texas, and summers are very unbearable. Highs are usually in the 90s, and the humidity is usually at least 70%, bringing the heat index up to the 115 degree area.

Summer is pretty much the only season here in the Bayou City. There have been times where it has been 80+ degrees on Christmas Day.

Next week, I will be relocating to a place where there is much less humidity.

Tim
Tim, the climate where I live is much the same and I find the summers very trying. This year we had the coolest winter for 60 years and most people I came across were complaining about the cold but not me. I wouldn't like really freezing weather, but at least it is easier to put on more warm clothing if it is cold.

Hope the new place where you're going will be much more comfortable.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 12:12 am

As far as comfort goes I prefer the cold. The heat itself doesn’t bother me so much as the fact that I sweat buckets and generally detest the feeling of sticky wet clothes. It sometimes feels nice to step outside on a toasty warm day when you’ve spent most of the day in a cold air conditioned building. I just can’t stay outside for hours or exercise in that kind of weather, lest I start to sweat.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:01 am

Warm to hot. My temperature preferances are 86F to 94F. It doesn't really matter if it's humid or not, but I overall prefer the humidity. Cold, however, I can't handle at all.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:06 am

I prefer right in between hot and cold, always with low humidity. Rain is OK, but only at night when I'm asleep. I want it to be dry in the daytime. I could not live in Florida or in the opposite temperature extreme.

I don't like being in really cold air conditioning. A few days ago, it was 100+°F outside, but some dork was in my house insisting on watching TV. I sat outside under the porch with an insulated bottle of ice water and read for like 4 hours in the hottest part of the day. It wasn't bad, sitting relatively still, drinking the delicious ice water.

In the summer, I do my workouts in the morning. In the winter, I do them between 4 and 5 in the afternoon. That works well, unless it happens to rain.

Rainbow_Kaleidoscope
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2007, 2:15 am

Cool. I hate hot and humidity