way of seeing humans and turning world

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 1:04 pm

I do not know how to verbalise this...put it into words, but sometimes, I get what I can only sort of describe as an expansion of mind/thought where I see the pattern of everything...the way the world functions like a giant machine with each person being a tiny little part of the mechanism, if that even.

I will be walking along the street, looking at all the people, and be struck by the recall that all we are is animals with a little more evolution on our side... I mean, we have the same bodily functions as any other animal, we can be ruled by our base instincts... and then I just get to thinking about how everything turns and the way society is constructed and it just does my head in and gets me tied in knots.

Does anyone else get moments like this where for a while, they sort of can see how everything works and the overall scheme of things?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 1:19 pm

YEP! I have seen a LOT of seemingly minor things and how they make MAJOR changes, and often do the REVERSE of what many think they do!

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 1:27 pm

yes, same here. Especially when I see again and again the pattern that the only thing that's never forgiven is having said the truth and the pattern that 1 in a million people perhaps isn't totally happy in dellusion.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Aug 2007, 2:01 pm

indeed, actually, its funny, cause i have made that analogy to humans and society is like gears in a machine, just like you have. Ya man. We may be more evolved i agree, but in the end we r animals.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:19 pm

I have not felt like that in waking life but I had a dream along those lines a few years ago, where everything and every person and animal was interdependent in some way, as though the universe was a giant living machine. Sounds a bit daft written down, but it was a very memorable dream and I woke up from it thinking that the universe wasn't in the least random, that everything/everyone plays a vital part in it, even if they are not conscious of it.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

19 Aug 2007, 2:25 pm

theres a 20% chance we are living in a matrix

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/14/scien ... 1344744000

earthdweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2007, 2:34 pm

You are one of those aspi people that are more aware of things. Its an interesting quality.

But I sometimes didn't want to feel alone if I precieved the same thing. In religion and spirituality, this awareness of the universe is put into perspective although it is interpreted or distorted for the purpose of religion.

It is amazing though because you are sensing that most people go about their lives without ever stopping to think of the way things really are.

We("we" as in who are concious of the world and people) define who we are, however. Its a "special" innate capacity. And there's always time to probe more into this awareness. But many times it just makes my life feel empty.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:45 pm

earthdweller wrote:
You are one of those aspi people that are more aware of things. Its an interesting quality.

But I sometimes didn't want to feel alone if I precieved the same thing. In religion and spirituality, this awareness of the universe is put into perspective although it is interpreted or distorted for the purpose of religion.

It is amazing though because you are sensing that most people go about their lives without ever stopping to think of the way things really are.

We("we" as in who are concious of the world and people) define who we are, however. Its a "special" innate capacity. And there's always time to probe more into this awareness. But many times it just makes my life feel empty.

I have had this since I was a child really. I remember pondering death when I was about 7 and what comes after etc...what happens. I just get these moments where I seem to stretch beyond what my eyes see in front of me and see everything just laid out and the vastness of it all leaves me feeling very... disillusioned, to be honest. People don't stop to think. I watch them, and although, of course, some must surely stop and consider all of this, most seem to just be content to get up, go to work, eat, sleep, have their club/pub/bingo outings etc etc etc.

Is that all we are? Here it would seem so. One day, I was stood in a line at a store, watching the till being opened and the money and that resulted in me thinking about how worthless money really is... I mean, the whole system just seems to strange to me. We get money, we buy things, we give money back etc etc... and in the end, if all this money were evenly distributed among the world's population... a bit idealistic, I suppose.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 3:56 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I do not know how to verbalise this...put it into words, but sometimes, I get what I can only sort of describe as an expansion of mind/thought where I see the pattern of everything...the way the world functions like a giant machine with each person being a tiny little part of the mechanism, if that even.

I will be walking along the street, looking at all the people, and be struck by the recall that all we are is animals with a little more evolution on our side... I mean, we have the same bodily functions as any other animal, we can be ruled by our base instincts... and then I just get to thinking about how everything turns and the way society is constructed and it just does my head in and gets me tied in knots.

Does anyone else get moments like this where for a while, they sort of can see how everything works and the overall scheme of things?

Yes, most of the time, but it doesn't do my head in or get me tied in knots. Maybe that's the result of months of meditation. Maybe one needs to be well grounded in one's understanding of one's self in order to see the world as it is and remain unpreturbed. The world is as it is and I'm still okay.

- Emerson

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2007, 4:20 pm

I always perceived as the great ball of being that humanity created. You can choose to live within it and keep rolling with the others or sit back and watch.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 5:45 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
will be walking along the street, looking at all the people, and be struck by the recall that all we are is animals with a little more evolution on our side... I mean, we have the same bodily functions as any other animal, we can be ruled by our base instincts... and then I just get to thinking about how everything turns and the way society is constructed and it just does my head in and gets me tied in knots.

I completely agree. Even my NT friends seemed to understand me when I mentioned this to them. One time, we were all sitting around drunk, waiting to sober up. To pass time, we started talking about philosophy. I said something like this: "In terms of work, intelligence, our emotions, and technology, we're human. But in terms of food, sex, sleep, and behavior in crowds, we're not much different than the animals we evolved from. At first, they balked. But after I explained this more clearly, they all seemed to have a "light bulb moment".

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

19 Aug 2007, 5:55 pm

woodsman25 wrote:
indeed, actually, its funny, cause i have made that analogy to humans and society is like gears in a machine, just like you have. Ya man. We may be more evolved i agree, but in the end we r animals.

Like gears, or a slinky. Slinkies are very round and bouncy, and though we can see how one end of the slinky relates to the other, the curves, the twists, the sleekness . . . oh hell, I lost my train of thought.

Anyways, I can see where you are comming from. Everything has a starting axis that is the center, and the center of gravity is like a smooth curve on a slinky it can only but spiral into place and function.