Do you ever feel disconnected from the world?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 4:25 am

I don't mean the feeling that there is a barrier between you and the outer world, as can happen in depression (derealization/depersonalization) but that you feel that the outer world doesn't really hold much interest for you? I feel like that sometimes, but it is not a feeling of Aspieness, that I need a break from too much communication, and it's not an unpleasant feeling, just one of slight disinterest in outer things. Anyone else experience this?

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 4:36 am

I used to go out more, before the internets was invented, but I never really felt like I belonged anywhere, but i forced myself to stay rather than be alone all the time... I got my net connection before there was even a worldwideweb, when all you had was newsgroups... now, I only leave the house to buy food and pay bills, and sometimes to drink with friends... but now, when I do go out, i feel like I belong and if i don't, I leave...

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 4:39 am

i am looking forward to future experiences. the world around is beautiful and it would be pity to be disconnected. the only disconnection i feel is the one from other people around.

QL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2007, 4:48 am

I don't feel disconnected with the world. I am disconnected with the world. :(

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 5:15 am

I feel like this sometimes yes. I tend to feel a disinterest towards people/places/things that are not central to my life.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 5:40 am

I am always opening up to new things, plus I will be relocating in two weeks. So I am not really disconnected.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 6:12 am

I always felt displaced from the world, when I took seroxat I used to feel more connected to people but these days I am quite the hermit.

AutisticOne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Aug 2007, 6:22 am

I have very few interests. And can find little in life that makes me happy, or even passes the time.

“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.” CS Lewis

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 6:53 am

am live in different worlds-own world,which am in a lot of the time,it is far better but stops am having any outside awareness completely,so family and staff always try to get am out of there,am do not understand the other world-reality well,it is so unpredictable,sensory overloading,unforgiving,it is very hard to make sense of.
the world does have beauty though-trees,hills,mountains,grass,flowers,bright colours...

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Aug 2007, 6:58 am

Starr wrote:
I don't mean the feeling that there is a barrier between you and the outer world, as can happen in depression (derealization/depersonalization) but that you feel that the outer world doesn't really hold much interest for you? I feel like that sometimes, but it is not a feeling of Aspieness, that I need a break from too much communication, and it's not an unpleasant feeling, just one of slight disinterest in outer things. Anyone else experience this?

im feeling that at the moment actually..i guess this is where that sense of grandiosity comes to play its role...
I feel like the cool outcast kid in the movie that goes at his own beat...i like it but its lonely... hmm this kind of makes me want to watch Breakfast club now...

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 7:59 am

I feel like this too sometimes.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 8:15 am

My connection to out there is severed -- I have no care for the comings and goings of humanity. I am apathetic and completely lacking in empathy/sympathy to that which doesn’t concern me immediately and near.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 9:57 pm

This is basically a big part of the depression that has been haunting me, or rather, the depression I often fall into and am sometimes trapped in. I feel like I need a lot of stimulation from the world for a lifeline so that I don't fall totally into the hole, and maybe never come out, or part of me might get stuck in there forever.

Before, years ago, I would rather stim than play with other children sometimes because it was more stimulating to think about more exciting things and stim!

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2007, 12:48 am

I feel like the world just is one big scene and I am watching it.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 1:15 am

Yes. Mostly because I am. :wink:

SunChild1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2007, 1:37 am

Yes, I feel this way every now and then. Sometimes it feels the world is too harsh and unfeeling, and I have to disconnect myself in order to protect myself from it.