Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 10:58 am

- My biggest oddity is that I run around in circles in my backyard while listening to music.

- I read and re-read articles on my favorite fictional characters frequently.

- I am picky about my food and drinks (such as only drinking a specific brand of chocolate milk, and ordering the same thing whenever I go to a restraunt).

- I play certain videogames because I like the characters, not necessarily the actual gameplay.

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2007, 11:41 am

i wanted to add to my list...
-i never wear shorts. even on the hottest days of the year.
-i have 200+ car magazines maybe closer to 500, some dating back many years.
-i go to movies alone 90% of the time.
-i've never been to a strip club. i've been told thats weird for some reason.
-sometimes i don't use capitalization. i just realized that one.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 11:48 am

I'm sure we have the beginings of a new monty python sketch here :lol:

As in:

I've eaten the same dinner for 49 years

I've never even heard of a mobile phone

I've chopped off both my arms just so I'll have nowhere to put a watch

And I've had plastic surgery so all my facial features are in a straight line at the perfect golden section of my face 8O

Top that :lol:

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 1:02 pm

All through the summer, for like 4 months, I wear the same 2 sun dresses (except for work). Have worn them for 4 years.

I research each trip I make for months in guide books and the internet. I plan even where I'll eat and what I'll do each hour. I love choosing what I'll see and how and when.

I sometimes listen to the same song on CD for a whole day.

I like very few things in life, but like them with a vengeance.

I find no pleasure in phony relating.

I can't for the life of me understand what's good about having kids.

I'm too deep for anyone's taste.

09 Sep 2007, 1:21 pm

I don't wear jeans in the summer
When I want to do something, I find a way to doing it.
I can say word for word from my favorite movies
I keep all my old game systems and will never get rid of them
I collect old Nintendo Power mags
I like to visit all the B&J locations in Spokane
I used to eat the same foods in restaurants when I was little
I tend to flip pages in my book as I'm reading
I tend to make weird facial expressions when I am concentrating
I can act out my favorite movies
I tend to sit in the same spots on the bus or in the cafateria when I eat
I don't keep up to date with the news
I don't leave home unless I have something planned
I wear clothes that are out of style, child looking, teen looking or older looking
I do my same routines at work everyday
I prefer Calico cats
I am not into fashion and make up
I am not fond of talking on the phone, I prefer online chatting
I tend to chew on things or suck on things
I am child like

And I've been told I'm not eccentric :?

Ignition_Cognition
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2007, 1:48 pm

I don't leave my house, except to go to the bank once every 2 months. That's it. I don't have visitors either.
I do have a cell phone, but I've only ever made two calls on it and those were just to check that it works. I bought it for emergencies, not that those exist in my life. :roll:
I don't read a newspaper or watch the news on TV. It doesn't really interest me. Sometimes I might watch the news on TV or read a new article on the internet if I'm particularly bored and don't feel like doing anything more taxing. It merely serves as a distraction.
I do wear a watch, despite the fact that I have a clock in my room and the only time I leave my room is to eat or go to the toilet. Because of that I never really look at my watch, it's just a comfort thing.
I spent a year or so in my room with very thick curtains covering the windows, effectively making the room dark 24/7. I'd never open them.
I've cut my own hair plenty of times before, despite having no clue what I'm doing.
When I'm not around other people, I feel like I'm better than everyone else but when I'm with other people, I feel completely inferior.
I have a limited diet. I refuse to try new foods, claiming that I know how they'll taste without having tried them, or perhaps estimating the taste from the smell. I don't know how accurate those claims are, of course. I often refuse to eat even things that I do believe will taste good. :?
I avoid eating and drinking around other people, except for my parents. When I went to school, I would go for 8 hours or more without drinking every day.
I've been known to wear a thick jacket in hot weather or just a t-shirt in the cold weather. Sometimes causing me discomfort, sometimes not.
I hate reading and it takes me years to get through a single book, yet I spend a considerable amount of time each day on the internet reading websites just for the sake of it. :?
I look down at the ground when walking.
I don't talk to people even if they share the same interests. I'm not interested in other people's thoughts and experiences and I'm intolerant of other viewpoints. I'm also not interested in sharing my views with others, I avoid conversation as much as possible.
I hate kids and I don't enjoy spending time with anyone in my family (except for my parents) and never visit any of them.
I don't enjoy being around animals either, though that's not to say that I dislike them.
I don't waste money on things I don't need, unlike most NTs who seem to spend money as soon as they get it and run up large debts. I think saving your money seems to be considered quite eccentric in today's world. :? I'm quite frugal, despite the fact that I don't consider money to be very important.
No doubt there's loads of other stuff that doesn't come to mind as I type this.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 1:48 pm

I ride a 1966 motorcycle to work everyday.

I have a long green fishermans pullover that I bought in 1990 for £5 and apart from hot summer, I wear all the time, even take it on holiday in case it gets chilly.

Often at the weekend will sleep for 17 hours and so wont even bother getting out of bed for the rest of the day as its so snug, warm and safe here i bed.

Up untill the age of about 30, if I had to go anywhere by foot, I would never walk as its so long and boring, I would run.
I wouldnt wait for a bus unless it was a really long way, would go up to 5 miles by foot rather than stand there, waiting.

Wash the engine block of my V8 car in the bath before I rebuilt it.

Walk up stairs 4 steps at a time with my long legs, (enjoying the exercise without thinking how ridiculous it must look).

Wash everything even my vast collection of nuts and bolts then put them in little plastic bags according to thier size and thread ready for use.

Eat peanut butter on toast for my main meal for more years than I can ever remember.
Now I eat peanut butter with soft cheese spread on toast.

I have a mobile phone but only for breakdown emergencies, Ive had it for about 10 years and maybe Iam on my 2nd £10 of credit.

Wont let anybody in my flat if possible and get very stressed if a friend comes around that Iam obliged to.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 2:01 pm

I ride a 1966 motorcycle to work everyday. - OK, you're a classic bike fan.

Wash the engine block of my V8 car in the bath before I rebuilt it. - Nothing wrong with that, it's easier than steamcleaning it after putting it back into the engine compartment.

Wash everything even my vast collection of nuts and bolts then put them in little plastic bags according to thier size and thread ready for use. - and I bet that your workshop is spotless.

Nothing wrong with the above, just good engineering practice by someone who takes pride in their work.

NEXT ! !

Ed Almos

P.S. Before anyone gets offended this was an attempt at humor by a fellow grease monkey.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 2:10 pm

I no longer have any behaviors that would be considered eccentric.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 2:20 pm

edal wrote:
I ride a 1966 motorcycle to work everyday. - OK, you're a classic bike fan.

Wash the engine block of my V8 car in the bath before I rebuilt it. - Nothing wrong with that, it's easier than steamcleaning it after putting it back into the engine compartment.

Wash everything even my vast collection of nuts and bolts then put them in little plastic bags according to thier size and thread ready for use. - and I bet that your workshop is spotless.

Nothing wrong with the above, just good engineering practice by someone who takes pride in their work.

NEXT ! !

Ed Almos

P.S. Before anyone gets offended this was an attempt at humor by a fellow grease monkey.

Actually, whats quite amusing is the way my OCD traits have rubbed off on all my mates who also had old bikes, Ive sent then all mad!

But when I would freak out seeing an NT rebuilding a clutch by the side of the road with all the bits going from grity gutter to engine internal, they could see the logic of where I was coming from.

And yes. If I had a workshop, it would be immaculate, not even a garage Iam afraid, but lucky Iam on the ground floor so the bedroom has evicted my bed into the front room!

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2007, 2:21 pm

My outfits are very monotonous too.

When I eat an apple, I always eat around the equator first, then the top half (by the stalk), then the bottom half.

I tend to do everything in multiples of 10 - if I'm grating cheese, then it's 10 or 20 grates of cheese, if I'm using the pepper grinder, it'll be 10 grinds of pepper. I can stop before reaching one of these numbers, but it feels very awkward and incomplete.

I always wash myself in the same order in the shower - left arm, boobs, right arm, etc. Drying too.

I'm sure there must be others, but I can't think of them right now...

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2007, 2:38 pm

Sometimes I forget to eat, usually when I'm reading or engrossed in something at work. When my stomach starts to growl, I'll verbally b***h at it like it's nagging at me.

I talk to my dog and cats and I talk back for them.

My diet's very monotonous.

I also tend to eat one thing at a time. Although if I'm with other people, I'll make myself not do this.

I save my extra change in a jar and I refuse to buy an electric coin sorter because I actually like sorting coins and wrapping them.

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2007, 2:46 pm

Greentea wrote:
I research each trip I make for months in guide books and the internet. I plan even where I'll eat and what I'll do each hour. I love choosing what I'll see and how and when.

I do this too. I spent months planning in detail a trip to Costa Rica for my honeymoon (drove my ex nuts talking about it). When I finally got everything planned, there was still six months until the date, so I scrapped the trip to Costa Rica and re-started the planning on a trip that included St. Lucia and a cruise that went through the Panama Canal. :P

Wish I'd stuck with Costa Rica. St. Lucia was great but cruises are not the best vacations for Aspies.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 2:52 pm

Spot17 wrote:
Greentea wrote:

I do this too. I spent months planning in detail a trip to Costa Rica for my honeymoon (drove my ex nuts talking about it). When I finally got everything planned, there was still six months until the date, so I scrapped the trip to Costa Rica and re-started the planning on a trip that included St. Lucia and a cruise that went through the Panama Canal. :P

Wish I'd stuck with Costa Rica. St. Lucia was great but cruises are not the best vacations for Aspies.

I went on a cruise nearly 4 years ago, and I loved it.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 3:14 pm

Ignition_Cognition wrote:
When I'm not around other people, I feel like I'm better than everyone else but when I'm with other people, I feel completely inferior.

I resonate with that statement so much. I'm the most confident person ever, until I go out in public. :(

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 3:32 pm

devster21 wrote:
i wanted to add to my list...
-i never wear shorts. even on the hottest days of the year.
-i have 200+ car magazines maybe closer to 500, some dating back many years.
-i go to movies alone 90% of the time.
-i've never been to a strip club. i've been told thats weird for some reason.
-sometimes i don't use capitalization. i just realized that one.

I just noticed your message, and had to respond!

-i never wear shorts. even on the hottest days of the year.(I only wore them a few days in my life, and that was when I was a LITTLE kid)
-I ALSO almost NEVER wear long sleeve shirts, or a jacket, even when it is below 32F(0C)!
-i had(I got rid of them 6 years ago due to a MAJOR move) 100+ electronics/computer magazines maybe closer to 200, some dating back to 1969!
-i go to movies alone 98% of the time.
-i've never been to a strip club.
-I NEVER used to use capitalization, and know some say I use it TOO MUCH! :lol:

True story!