Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

username88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 9:57 pm

This happens to me a lot, especially when Im stimming/tweaking out. Why is this? Sometimes I feel stressed out for no reason too and I cant handle burden very well or certain situations. I hate it.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 10:05 pm

I don't know how to explain it, I guess I've always accepted it as something that just is. Anxiety and overstimulation. Sometimes I'll be like that for so long that I actually have sore muscles in my neck and shoulders from the tension.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 10:11 pm

When I'm anxious I tend to unconsciously clench my teeth. It sucks because by the end of the day my jaw is quite sore.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 10:44 pm

Yeah same here.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:07 pm

Today I was overstimulated going into class and I kept pulling on my shirt sleeve, tightening it as much as I could and twisting it around and around. After 4 hours of this in classes, I wound up having to get my wrist brace (I have tendinitis in both wrists) due to the pain.

I'm my own guinea pig.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:24 pm

I just came back from watching animal planet on tv and eating bread out of the bag like it was chips and I feel a lot better.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 3:57 pm

Here's a tension reduction technique which I found to be effective.

If you find yourself getting too stressed then think about the way you are breathing then purposely try to breath slower and deeper. Now look at your hands, if they are clenched then straighten them out. Now roll the head from side to side a couple of times to get the neck muscles back into place.

Finally, grab a 2x4 and beat the c*%p out of the person responsible 8O

Ed Almos

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 4:08 pm

I know this feeling all too well I've got it 24/7 at the moment! I call it severe body armouring my muscles turn to concrete and won't relax, its at its worst during social situations. I guess I need to learn muscle relaxation techniques. I once tried a muscle relaxant tablet worked a treat and my brain responded when the muscles melted down.

I will try edal's tension reduction technique!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Sep 2007, 5:37 pm

anxiety :x :(

Last edited by richardbenson on 12 Sep 2007, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 5:49 pm

I used to hyperventilate a lot as a child. I can usually stop myself before it gets to that these days, but my whole body still tenses up when I'm under fire, often I'll cry uncontrollably, be totally unable to talk, and start to feel like I can't breath. IT IS SO EMBARRASSING!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

What actually helped me most was being in a job where I was constantly in situations that made me do this. After reacting badly a hundred thousand times I eventually found I could deal with stress a lot better. I can't say I recommend this approach however as it also made me very ill. :?

RedTape0651
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Sep 2007, 7:21 pm

I guess this really happens to me. Sometimes if I've been excited/nervous for a while, my knees will feel sore, even if I haven't done any walking.

Roseduelist
Raven
Raven

12 Sep 2007, 8:31 pm

I have to pop my back in place every day due to the tension