Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

silver22
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

I grind my teeth a bit when I'm really anxious. Mostly I scrape my bottom teeth along my upper lip. Sometimes it blisters and scars I do it so much.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm

I used to grind my teeth all the time as a kid. I think it was often boredom based and a stim of some kind. My parents were always telling me I would grow up to look like a vampire but what really niped it in the bud was ignoring it and waiting for another stim to come along. I tottaly forgot about doing it until I came across this thread. I also remember my teeth itching (weird, I know) and "gritting" my teeth was one of the few ways to make the itchy sensation go away. I espicaly liked the way it felt and the sound it made.

7gables
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
I used to grind my teeth all the time as a kid. I think it was often boredom based and a stim of some kind. My parents were always telling me I would grow up to look like a vampire but what really niped it in the bud was ignoring it and waiting for another stim to come along. I tottaly forgot about doing it until I came across this thread. I also remember my teeth itching (weird, I know) and "gritting" my teeth was one of the few ways to make the itchy sensation go away. I espicaly liked the way it felt and the sound it made.

Yep, my son gently grinds his teeth back and forth as he enjoys the feeling. He wants to stop, though, and I don't know what to tell him. He cycles through stims and something else will probably take the place of the tooth grinding eventually. But in the meantime I worry. He thinks the grinding is making his teeth loose, and he's probably right. He's still losing baby teeth and I assume this process is being moved along more quickly by his constant grinding.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

7gables wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:

Yep, my son gently grinds his teeth back and forth as he enjoys the feeling. He wants to stop, though, and I don't know what to tell him. He cycles through stims and something else will probably take the place of the tooth grinding eventually. But in the meantime I worry. He thinks the grinding is making his teeth loose, and he's probably right. He's still losing baby teeth and I assume this process is being moved along more quickly by his constant grinding.

I was often harassed about stopping my stims and it only made them worse.