Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2007, 10:09 pm

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 58.
In other words, you got 81% correct.

I had to guess several times... maybe I got those right?

Guess this proves it! I'm not Aspie... I just wanna hang with you all! :P :wink:

Us Adders are such a lonely bunch :D

21 Sep 2007, 3:02 am

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 47.
In other words, you got 65% correct.

I thought it be real low but I guess not.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 12:06 pm

75%, but then again it's not like I'm doing the test on my first month at a new job with 600 new faces to have to recognize as happened to me last month.

Sylvius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Sep 2007, 12:51 pm

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 67.
In other words, you got 93% correct.

I know I'm bad at face recognition, so I reduce each face I see to a combination of specific characteristics. For example, some faces will feature a combination of strong cheekbones and a sharp nose. Or a broad face with small ears and an unattractive 5 o'clock shadow. Because I was only working with 6 faces, that sort of memorisation trick worked really well. I think I only started to falter toward the end of the final two tests where I hadn't seen the control faces sufficiently recently.

But some of the faces were pretty easy. A short chin, thin lips, and a broad forehead is kind of an odd combination, so that one really stood out.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 6:20 pm

Did everyone have an easier time with that first part? Like the first section I *think* I did well in, got most (maybe all) correct. I thought "well, I'm pretty great at this!" But then once you had to remember those 6 faces, I went down hill.

I ended up with 60%, so apparently I have issues with it. I have a TERRIBLE time with names-much worse than with faces (I think). I mean I recognize someone usually that I've seen them before, but trying to associate a name with them takes a long time (and I frequently have trouble pulling up a person's name in a conversation, even if I've known them for years).

All I could do for those faces is try to focus on specific things. I eventually figured out that there were male and female type faces, and all six original faces looked male, so I could rule out the female ones. Also in the first second I could usually focus on one obvious feature-like a face that rippled in and out, or a chin, and I think I did well with that. But then once I had to remember them...

Is there supposed to be any correlation between AS and recognizing faces? What about names? I don't know street names either.

xenu27
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Sep 2007, 1:34 am

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 51.
In other words, you got 71% correct.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 3:04 am

81%
A lot better than I thought I'd do.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 3:37 am

I got like 56% correct or something like that.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 4:36 am

Results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 71.
In other words, you got 99% correct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On our previous version of this test, the average person with normal face recognition was able to recognize about 80% of the faces. If you correctly identified less than 65% of the faces, this may indicate face recognition difficulties.

I did a lot better than I thought I would, especially as I have 2 guys at work that I constantly mix up.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 5:18 am

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 53.
In other words, you got 74% correct.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Sep 2007, 5:52 am

give an aspie a test and watch them swarm

61 out of 72 faces

85%

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 9:26 am

So is there any correlation to AS here? Seems like lots of people do below 65%, and lots do better.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 10:25 am

Mine is:

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 53.
In other words, you got 74% correct.

On our previous version of this test, the average person with normal face recognition was able to recognize about 80% of the faces. If you correctly identified less than 65% of the faces, this may indicate face recognition difficulties.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's easier to memorize cartoonish looking faces. They should try using real people's faces.

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Sep 2007, 11:00 am

I've taken this test a couple of times in the past, and did well. Odd, considering I can't even recognize family members...I'm talking about distant relatives, but still, you'd think one would know one's own great aunt or third cousin if seen at least once a year since babyhood.

I walk right past neighbors in the grocery store, do not recognize my kids' teachers, don't know acquaintances from Adam. I will not remember *anyone's* face unless I know them very well.

Not good, especially in the workplace. I had a horrible time as a secretary in an investment firm, was known as the airhead of the office. :oops:

--Edgar Allan Poe

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2007, 12:52 pm

I got 63%. The last part I was just guessing 'cause I had no idea.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 1:04 pm

I forgot to do the other tests. The results are:

Face Recognition Memory

In the face recognition test, you were asked to learn the faces of 10 women. When you were tested on these faces, you had to indicate whether a face on the screen was one you learned or one that you hadn't seen before.

Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 15 faces before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 29 faces before.

Overall, you got 88% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 60.

Object Recognition Memory

In the object recognition test, you were asked to memorize 10 images of eyeglasses. When you were tested on these eyeglasses, you had to indicate whether a pair of eyeglasses on the screen was one you learned or one that you hadn't seen before.

Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 16 eyeglasses before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 30 eyeglasses before.

Overall, you got 92% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 75.

Verbal Recognition Memory

In the verbal recognition test, you were asked to learn the names of 12 men. When you were tested on these names, you had to indicate which of four names was one of the names that you had learned.

Out of 12 sets of names, you correctly chose the familiar name5 times.

Overall, you got 42% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was less than 1.