Jenny McCarthy: The day I heard my son had autism

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Oct 2007, 5:30 pm

I watched her a little on CNN over the weekend. I instantly felt repulsed by her. I don't think she really understands but I think Jim Carrey does.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 5:43 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
It kind of offends me that she treats her son's autism like the plague instead of embracing him for who he is.

I agree. I feel that the only cure should be acceptance.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 5:44 pm

Cameo wrote:
I hated her article in People magazine. She referred to Evan as a "sick kid"; I read it twice to make sure she wasn't talking about his past seizures and was indeed talking about his autism. And, sure enough, she believes he needs a cure. You don't even have to read between the lines to see that she's the needy one, wanting a child that will hug her and tell her all about his day at school and draw her cute little pictures to stick on the fridge. She believes his silence is torturing him, when in reality it's torturing her.

I think that b***h really needs to get over herself.

Plutonian_Persona
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2007, 6:00 pm

Cameo wrote:
I hated her article in People magazine. She referred to Evan as a "sick kid"; I read it twice to make sure she wasn't talking about his past seizures and was indeed talking about his autism. And, sure enough, she believes he needs a cure. You don't even have to read between the lines to see that she's the needy one, wanting a child that will hug her and tell her all about his day at school and draw her cute little pictures to stick on the fridge. She believes his silence is torturing him, when in reality it's torturing her.

The last line of this post gets to the heart of the real issue: differences = evil; being part of the herd = good. To this point, even if her son wasn't autistic he'd still be in trouble due to his seizures. Epilepsy carries just as much of a stigma as being autistic: they both bring a look of terror to people's eyes. Ah, there's nothing like being epileptic and autistic! :lol:

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 6:04 pm

"Do not try to cure autism; that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth."
"What truth?"
"There is no cure."
"There is no cure?"
"Then you will see, it is not the autism that is cured, it is only yourself."

Sorry if i went a little Matrix there...

jijin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2007, 6:23 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
"Do not try to cure autism; that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth."
"What truth?"
"There is no cure."
"There is no cure?"
"Then you will see, it is not the autism that is cured, it is only yourself."

Sorry if i went a little Matrix there...

lol nice

Cause we don?t clean up our own s**t
And when refused we throw a fit
As we scream ?I don-wanna-hear-it?

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 8:54 pm

I wonder what McCarthy would have thought of Jim Carrey as a little kid. I don't doubt he was "different".

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 9:28 pm

BlueMax wrote:
She plugged a book on it too. Cashing in on her son's "illness".

I'm not happy with this woman... I don't know what Jim Carrey sees in her.

Ohhhhh best of all, she says she CURED it! With just diet! (Antifungal, no dairy or gluten.) Yyyeaaaahhhhhh.

This woman should NOT be allowed to write books to "help" others!

It's just rehashed crap that has been around for years. Some kids display autistic behavior and then for no reason, they recover. It rarely happens after age 7. Kids that have had no treatment whatsover recover but the ones who are under the care of some self-serving consultant make sure that they grab as much credit as they can.

Jenny McCarthy has caused more parents of young kids to go into denial, jump on the cure bandwagon, close their minds to anything else and act like some kind of crazed cure fundementalists.

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2007, 10:17 pm

Her ignorant views on Autism aside. This only solidifies my annoyance with societies celebeity Worship. If a normal everyday person has something to say society over all doesn't care. When a celebrity has something to say on the same subject it's front page news.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2007, 10:50 pm

I wrote aboutthis in my"Press Notes" posting