Things that made you cry seemingly for no reason...

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

username88
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 10:09 pm

Jcaps wrote:
There are several songs that make me cry:

-"Over The Rainbow".

I remember feeling sad while hearing that when I was little.

GypsysOdyssey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2007, 10:16 pm

I have this problem too, and sometimes I can't even put my finger on it. Sometimes I will be hearing a beautiful song or looking at the way the City Hall is decorated for Christmas or spending a special moment with someone love and I think....life is rough, but there's still alot of beauty out there, if you look for it. Even if you're on the outside looking in.

Other things:

- I am SO sensitive about sad animal stories, especially dogs and cats. The pedigree commerical mentioned earlier always makes me cry, as does the one with Sarah McLaughlin. Just thinking about it tears me up right now. I've been adopting animals from rescue for eight years now and when I hear a story about a dog or cat getting a "forever" home, I cry. And even though they've been gone for five and two years, I can't talk about losing my boys (Secret the yellow Lab and Snoopy the elderly rescue Beagle) without crying.

- Also very sensitive about parental deaths, since I'm very close to both of mine. Oddly enough, however, this isn't as violent a reaction as I get to animal deaths.

- Anytime Kermit the frog sings, I cry. Period.

- When I rewatch some of my fandom shows and cry when characters die even though I already KNOW they died.

- The song "Beautiful" by James Blunt. And I don't even really like the way the song sounds.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2007, 10:46 pm

I cry for "no reason" when i am rushed to do simple to complex tasks like getting exact change in a hurry.

When i have to perform more than one task at a time, and i know someone is looking.

stuff like that frustrate me to tears usually

if i remember more i will post

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2007, 12:25 am

Snoopy Come Home is a sad film. I mean, the stuff like Woodstock not being able to fly straight and stuff is hilarious. The whole thing with the girl in the hospital is all :cry: though.

I think I'm going to say The Care Bears Movie. There was kind of a reason though, that I remembered promising myself that I'd talk out all my problems when I saw it when I was 10. There's a song Tenderheart sings about not hiding your feelings inside. So I was like, "I'm doing exactly the opposite of that!" Then I also realized because I was being bullied in high school so much, I was becoming more like Nicholas. Who took his anger out on everyone, because he was resentful of being treated badly for not being a good Magician all the time.

I can't think of anything that didn't make me cry for a reason. I think cause I feel if I'm crying over something for no reason, it must be because I'm depressed. I have been DXed for it.

Ki_Lunacy

06 Oct 2007, 8:24 pm

I've cried for no reason at all more than once, but one time sticks out in my head.

At school they wanted us to get our eyes tested. I already wear glasses and I had my eyes tested about four months ago, but they wanted me to do it anyway. When they asked me to read the chart I burst into tears and mumbled that I couldn't read the chart. I could see it fine, but for some reason I was so distressed that I couldn't bring myself to read it.

The lady doing the eye test was so worried and confused that it just made me freak out even more. Then the school counselor saw me because her office is really close to where the eye test was. She called my mom, thinking I was depressed. I was confused, because I certainly didn't feel depressed.

This led to my mom sending me to a doctor and thus the realization that I wasn't depressed, but I did have Asperger's.

What a chain reaction, huh?

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2007, 8:30 pm

The only time I ever really cry is when i'm talking with my bf's dad. And that has a reason in that it hurts me to see his love for his son because that's something I'll never get from a parent.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 1:26 pm

When I lost my recycling bin when I was 12, I cried. I was emotionally attached to that recycling bin. It was a noble object, something that made me feel important because I was doing something for the environment, and it was a nice blue one too, not one of those "ugly" purplish ones with rounded edges that were smaller. It took me a long time to get over the loss of my beloved recycling bin! I really really believed in recycling and was mildly scandalized whenever someone threw something in the regular trash. At first I admired the noble good intent of the recycling bin and its creators, and I always did, but then when I first admire things like that I then come to find it so sweet and cute and beautiful.

I had a similar reaction when my beloved green CP Rail pen, given to me after a safety presentation by CP Rail in second grade, was stolen from me after I had it for jsut one day. It was a nice pen, a beautiful shade of dark but neon-ish green. I slept with it beside me on my bed the one night I had it. I contemplated kissing it. It wasn't jsut any old stupid plain pen or a pen with a tupid design or something stupid like a dentist's office on it... this was a CP RAIL pen! I was so happy when this very kind CP Rail guy sent me 4 pens (all different attractive colors) and a book on safety, some police fridge magnets, and some other stuff! :D Along with a letter saying that my mother told him I was areally into safety and that, that a kid at school had stolen my pen and it was a shame there were people like that, and he hoped this would make up for it! :D He was such a nice guy!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 1:35 pm

Into the Wild...I have never seen a movie that made me cry within the first 5 minutes.

Redback
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2007, 2:25 pm

Have you ever seen the rain.

The sequence with this song in the last episode of Stargate SG1 was the worst, when Vala is crying.

Also the arrival sequence in the new transformers movie.

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2007, 5:11 pm

Is the real person from Into the Wild - was he an aspie? He sounds like he was especially giving all his money away.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 6:04 pm

No..i sorta don't think he was an aspie...note how easily he warmed up to all those strangers, for example.
I think he was just a very eccentric NT.

Joybob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2007, 6:07 pm

That scene in Titanic where the musicians keep playing as the ship sinks.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 8:34 pm

Beauty and the Beast

And the finale of Stargate Atlantis where

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dr. McKay got killed off and the big coping scene.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 4:07 am

I have some new ones. There's this game that was out for the PS2 called Stretch Panic. I liked the game except this one level/boss, (like the levels were all mini-boss fights) where there are these little chicky creatures. The boss lures them by acting nice, then turns evil and posesses them, and I'm all like ":cry: The poor chickies!! !"

Also the end of every Jim Henson film makes me sad, because he passed away before his time. It's like so inspirational to think he created something that means so much to so many people.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 7:24 pm

The chatracters on a Pokemon poster made me almost ry once. Because they seemed just like a bunch of cool kids. No wonder so many kids loved them. And here I had been dissing Pokemon a lot.

Also, I almost cried when was reading a catalogue for duty free stuff they were selling on the plane (it was an Air Canada plane), and there was this stuffed moose that was so sweet, and they called him cuddly in the deascription, and I then saw him on the duty-free shopping trolley, and he was in a plastic bag, and I almost cried when I saw him trapped in a plastic bag like that, but on the other hand the plastic bag was a good idea and it really touched me that they had preserved the moose in a plastic bag so that he wouldn't get roughed up. I also almost cried just today when I saw a similar moose in a store wearing an Edmonton Oilers shirt.

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 8:35 pm

Ana54 wrote:
The chatracters on a Pokemon poster made me almost ry once. Because they seemed just like a bunch of cool kids. No wonder so many kids loved them. And here I had been dissing Pokemon a lot.

Also, I almost cried when was reading a catalogue for duty free stuff they were selling on the plane (it was an Air Canada plane), and there was this stuffed moose that was so sweet, and they called him cuddly in the deascription, and I then saw him on the duty-free shopping trolley, and he was in a plastic bag, and I almost cried when I saw him trapped in a plastic bag like that, but on the other hand the plastic bag was a good idea and it really touched me that they had preserved the moose in a plastic bag so that he wouldn't get roughed up. I also almost cried just today when I saw a similar moose in a store wearing an Edmonton Oilers shirt.

HEY!! !
First, stop hating on Pokémon! watching cute animals fight to the death is cool!!

MMMM moose!! !