Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Oct 2005, 5:40 pm

My husband is in the Marine Corp, and this birthday ball is comming up in about three weeks. Its a ceremony with dinner, dancingm music and different units go. I guess the guys dress up in their uniform blues and the girls all dress up formally to. I have heard it is like prom....

Does anyone know anything about it? I want to go becasue I love to dress up when I can (I love being girlyand its not often I can do this), but I hated the whole Prom thing from High School, becasue you know the girls are just going to be all eyeing each other seeing who looks the best and Ireally hate this, any ideas for me on this night????

rickdog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2005, 11:33 pm

First off, a big OOH RAH to the hubby. I did four years active duty as a US Marine. Went to two birthday balls (was deployed overseas the other two years.)

A great time can be had by all. This is a good time for you to catch a glimpse into the life he leads away from you. You can meet some really good Marines. Drunk.

You also meet the other wives and girlfriends. You should know them because it is important for the wives to be there for each other when the unit deploys. In my experience, the wives are not catty, but are supportive.

Dress like its a prom. Hair done up...

As far as suggestions go, just relax and enjoy it. You can read Gen. LeJeune's Birthday message beforehand and all the ceremony is explained as it goes.

Enjoy yourself.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2005, 4:32 pm

Go have some fun and You will get to know Your Husband's Life as a Marine.