Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 8:52 am

I want everybody around me to treat me like a human being, not a special needs person or an experimental subject.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 1:12 am

I want a place for myself in the world. Right now, I feel there is no place for someone like me.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 1:41 am

Zara wrote:
I want a place for myself in the world. Right now, I feel there is no place for someone like me.

I totally agree with you... a sense of belonging somewhere would be nice!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 1:46 am

I want an Aspie partner who has the same interests and beliefs as me. Also, I want my dream job as a geologist in Seattle.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

panamagrand
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2007, 2:11 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I want an Aspie partner who has the same interests and beliefs as me. Also, I want my dream job as a geologist in Seattle.

Tim

I have an Aspie partner with the same beliefs as me (interests are different but common based). It's a nice parallel partnership, needs more emotional connectedness(?). Anyway, we were told by our counselor that what we have works but isn't "normal" - What I want most is to be left alone!

Children have their sorrows as well as men and women; and it would be well to remember this in our dealings with them.

~ Frederick Douglas

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 4:00 am

I sometimes wish my outside behaviour matched the feelings inside...instead, people in real life see me as detached and cold for the most part, and whenever I do show emotion, it is during a meltdown or in an outburst that is uncontrolled, lol.
I also wish I could understand the way other people behave and their motivations more.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 4:05 am

sepia wrote:
i would like an nt/as babel fish :lol:

I love it!! !!

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 7:19 am

I want never to have meltdowns, a good internet connection, a sweet laptop, a place to live that is far far away and yet close enough to buy groceries, and enough money to get me through the rest of my natural life. A good library would be a fantastic bonus. As for not interacting with people, I guess I already have my wish, because I almost never do.

aspie7120
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2007, 11:49 am

zee wrote:
Zara wrote:

I totally agree with you... a sense of belonging somewhere would be nice!

I think a sense of belonging is what people all over the world, NT and AS, look for in life. :)

zee
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 12:45 am

I think you're right, aspie7120. But it's harder for us.
Another thing I want is acceptance from NT people. If they were more accepting, I would be happy. I wouldn't want to get rid of AS; I wouldn't trade my brain for anyone's! :D

ADDersrock
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Aug 2007, 1:25 am

I want people to say what they mean, instead of head games that NT people do without even realizing it. My husband says "jump through the shower" terms like that agitate me :x I have to analyze it and think about why people say what they do. I want to be left alone, where it's quiet and peaceful, so I can clear my head. I want to be able to accept myself for who I really am.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 6:39 am

I would like to be 20 years younger, but still know everything I know now..... (i.e. so that my chronological age is the same as my emotional age!)

I would like to change the world so that everything works efficiently and is not run by idiots and incompetent egotists.

I would like to find a job that enables me to make the best use of my talents, doesn't wind me up or make me feel inadequate, and pays enough so I can buy exactly what I want, when I want.

I would like a bigger house, with enough rooms so I could have a separate one to accommodate each of my interests, and which does not get dirty so I never have to do any housework (which I am useless at).

I would like friends/a lover that are around whenever I need them, but never ever bug me to do stuff the rest of the time.

(Dream on!! !! !)

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2007, 7:16 am

hmmmm...my greatest desire is to be able to be whatever i am suppose to be and not worry what anyone else may think

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 7:06 pm

I want the ratio of the AS population and NT population flip-flopped so that the NTs get to feel like they are on the wrong planet for a change and that they get to experience the kind of discrimination we're forced to deal with constantly. We then would be in the position of hiring and firing NTs for their illogical and hypocritical social games.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 8:06 pm

I would like a full time job at the library.

I would like to be able to control my nervousness in job interviews and all other important events in my life and advance.

I would like to go to London for the 2012 Olympics.

I would like to meet Roger Bannister and tell him how much he has inspired me.

I want to continue to have cats and other pets.

spacedog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2007, 8:38 pm

To be understood

To be able to create art

To have at least one friend in real life

To have a girlfriend

To be employed