Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hirschdawg84
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2007, 3:18 pm

Hey my names Mark and I am a 23 year old guy living in Pittsburgh. I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was little. I have always had a strong fascination with history and antiquities and photography and old photographs. For as long as I can remember, I have been really interested in looking at family photographs and putting them into albums. I also love home videos and watching them. Im also really interested in historical photographs and old films. Im also really interested in old movies including silent movies. Ive always had alot of interests in time and I used to be really fascinated in time travel. Im also interesed in really old people and centenarians because I love to hear thier stories about the past. If anyone has anything to say about all this, let me know!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Oct 2007, 3:23 pm

i am also intrested in photographs. mostley of myself though or ones i take :D

hirschdawg84
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2007, 3:50 pm

:D :lol: :P

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 3:58 pm

Photography is one of my major interests.
I collect old photographs and also used to collect vintage cameras and glass plates.
I have an old daguerrotype here somewhere.
I love photography and some of my stuff is on page 2 of random discussion.

Re- old people, I worked for a time in a care home and I would sit talking to the ones they made out were too far gone with dementia to understand me or remember. One of the ladies had worked in amateur theatre most of her life, so naturally I wanted to talk to her a lot. She was lovely. I got on well with old people all my life.

Last edited by Graelwyn on 12 Oct 2007, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2007, 4:15 pm

My interests are Sport,Theme Parks,Computers and Internet.

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2007, 5:59 pm

I love photography too, and I enjoy putting photos in different orders in albums. I like to organize them by dominant color, or the person in them, or the setting, etc. - it's one of those things that relaxes me. But actually what I especially love doing is putting them together in collages. Collage is my favorite art form, I think.

I also love history. I am a history (and English lit) major at university right now. So your interest in historical photographs is intriguing - I never put those two things together before, but of course that's a great idea. :D

Time travel - that would be fun, lol. Actually I have always wondered about that, and the idea that if you travel back in time, would your existence in that time period change history, maybe even to the point of you no longer existing? Okay, I'm not sure if that makes sense...

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

12 Oct 2007, 6:09 pm

Clothing because I was born into the Seventies and thanked good fortune that I was too young to wear those travesties.

Penny pinching. I remember old timers who carried a little book to write down every expenditure. I wanted to be like them but I found my own family household to be too lax and imprecise about that sort of thing so my aspie need for it to be exactly right means I won't get to practice that until I live alone.

Art (including fashion) is my natural interest.

Acquired interest because of life experiences are self reliance with regard to the food I eat i.e. cooking and growing food. I'd be happy to just grow my own herbs to save money rather than doing a full garden though.

I'm actually not interested in history and politics but because of my social justice anxiety, I find myself getting ignited and wondering what is really going on out in the world.

On acquired interest, I find myself interested in everything simply because I don't understand how the NT world works. For a few years, I subscribed to Soap Opera Digest when I wasn't even watching any soaps because the magazine was about the industry and I tried to decipher how something/anything works so I know about actors whose performances I have never watched. I find myself focusing on something I don't understand with a greater intensity because in my heart I know I am not NT so I need to deblur my thoughts. I try to put myself in NT shoes and sometimes I pretend to be specific NTs to react to something.

spazmaticstitch
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2007, 6:02 pm

I like to Take photographs. When I was younger, I would take polaroids of everything, & I would get those dispoable cameras. I just got a digital camera, & I take pictures of EVERYTHING. In fact, I have 9 photobucket accounts. :oops:

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 9:08 pm

My major interest is cats and animals in general.

spazmaticstitch
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2007, 9:24 pm

9CatMom wrote:
My major interest is cats and animals in general.

I LOVE kitties!! !! :D :heart:

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 9:46 pm

Welcome Mark!

Like browsing old photos myself...my dad was a history buff (he mostly collected riverboat photos, but enjoyed old photos in general), so it rubbed off a little.

You've probably checked this site out already...but just in case.

http://www.familyoldphotos.com/pa/

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 9:55 pm

Does anyone else like to cook and bake?

Maxx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2007, 11:21 pm

Hey man! I'm sure you know this from our IM chats, but I am crazy about video games. Not the huge 1st-person shooters, but more the Mario style platform games.

SonofStorms
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2007, 2:24 am

Mostly video games or CCGs....books on forensics, crime scene etc. are my biggest interests...others come and go....

14 Oct 2007, 2:33 am

I like looking at old photos of places. Good to see what places used to look like in the olden days.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 9:34 am

Spazmaticstich,

What are your favorite breeds of cat? I love Siamese and tabbies. Lynx (tabby) point Siamese are my absolute favorite because they are a mix of my two favorite kinds of cat and because I have had two of my own, first Samantha and now Prince.