Page 6 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 1:40 pm

anbuend wrote:
:roll:

The sorts of people I can't stand are the kinds who call other people 'sheeple' and then expect people to actually listen to anything they say. It's elitist and condescending.

Yep, pretty much.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 1:46 pm

there are 2 types of sheeple in the world: those that believe everything the government tells them, because it says it's true an those that believe everything the government tells them is a lie, because the government says it's true (i.e. bot decide on the basis of what the government says rather than evidence). jjstar belongs to the second category.

Bightme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Oct 2007, 2:02 pm

jjstar wrote:
Do you believe everything you're told?

No

Did you drink Kool-Aide when you were a child?

Don't think so. What's that?

Do you live your life vicariously through TV shows?

Yes. Though that may be more an indication of AS, isolation or depression I would think?

Do you believe what the FDA tells you?

No, but I have to hope that most of their advice is true, for I doubt I have the inclination nor the understanding to make every medical decision off the back of just my own research.

Do you follow authority figures blindly?

No, again arnt authority figures something many Aspies have trouble with?

Do you read newspapers?

Yes. Surly the significance of that lyes with which paper, and whether you believe what is written though.

Do you believe in Democracy?

Yes, but as Churchill said..

Do you put your faith in doctors?

Yes and No, you will almost certainly have to put faith in doctors at some point in life.

Do you follow fashion?

Yes and No, but I wear what I feel comfortable in.

Do you *follow the crowd* because it seems right even if it feels wrong?

No, I try not to. But it is a lot easier said than done.

Do you hum commercial tunes?

Yes, but I usually have trouble remembering them.

Do you buy cheap food because it's on sale, even though it's unhealthy?

Umm, No not usually, I try to eat healthily.

Do you believe that innoculations are a great necessity?

Yes, certain ones are.

Do you listen to *pop* music?

Yes, I actually get quite irate at musical snobs/elitists and cynics. The music industry is fickle, regardless of genre imho. This idea that people are marketed into buying "pop" music is a fallacy, some people just have more simplistic tastes and have less appreciation of musical complexity, they just like what they like. Just like some of us, you know, have less of an understanding about social situations etc.

If you answered YES to more than 9 of these questions - you are a sheeple. Baaah Baaah black sheep, have you been fooled? Yessir, yessir a whole lifetime through.

I guess I am a sheep, which is better than being a goat at least, cos they really smell. :wink:

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 3:46 pm

jjstar wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
LostInSpace wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
jjstar wrote:
Just a head's up to all those who replied at length - if you have a specific question or can narrow it down to a shorter version I can reply - otherwise - just know i skim through and that's about it.

Also - I don't reply to those fishing for some kind of reaction by posting personal ad hominem BS. Never did and never will. Like my grandpappy used to say - say it nicely or go waste someone else's time and energy.

I loved my grandpappy.

So you cant set your own bones then?

He doesn't need to. Clean living, chi massage, and the power of crystals will see him through. Clearly. Just as long as those gosh-darned doctors with their gol-danged medical knowledge don't try to interfere.

Wish I'd known that when my housemate fell off a roof and shattered his ankle in 28 places. Months in plaster, X rays, painkillers, all that malarkey, could have been avoided if only he had found some magic pebbles and not been so fond of takeout food!

What is your point? Did you have one other than being sarcastic? Eh. I think not. Adios.

My point? The point you have failed to confound with a response? My point is.. you're wrong. Self-healing 99 percent of the time.. yeah right. I think not.

etg1701
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2007, 4:14 pm

Quote:

Well of course I do, though perhaps not as conventionally understood. As far as the existing political philosophies go, though, liberal democracy has by far the best track record when it comes to the handicapped (or those perceived as handicapped by society in any case). Most anti-democratic thinkers (Plato, Nietzsche, and so on) would chuck us out like moldy cheese the second they got into power as they simply have no tolerance for anyone who requires extra care or resources from society.

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2007, 4:22 pm

jjstar wrote:
Ever hear of projecting *GOCHE21*?
Well, you're doing it now. Head's up. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Goche21 wrote:
Can you let it go? You're the biggest 'sheeple' around here. You blindly follow the 'information' you gather without looking at other sources. You don't listen to other points of view. You can't take the slightest hint of retaliation.

People like you are the ones with mob mentality. People like you are the ones who fall for the same propaganda over and over again because you are completely incapable of thinking as an individual.

Is the government perfect? No. Is modern medicine foolproof? No. Are there coverups? Of course. But this is the best we've got. We can't allow anarchy, homeopathic remidies don't work half the time, and people are curropt and by nature will cover mistakes. It's true, but it doesn't mean the government is always bad, that medicine is always wrong, or that every document is a scandle. Learn for yourself what is real and what's not.

Prove me wrong then. I dare you.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 4:27 pm

Neitzche was beyond any doubt autistic. He also was superlatively sarcastic. Keep this in mind when you hear quotes like "Pity is for the weak". Check out Kaufmann's "Neitzche". Unter und uber!

Bodorus

23 Oct 2007, 7:42 am

pbcoll wrote:
there are 2 types of sheeple in the world: those that believe everything the government tells them, because it says it's true an those that believe everything the government tells them is a lie, because the government says it's true (i.e. bot decide on the basis of what the government says rather than evidence). jjstar belongs to the second category.

i am the kind of sheeple that only believes what he himself believes, i doubt everything unless i can understand it and thus accept it as truth.
I like a jacket from sheep leather.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 8:40 am

The only two that apply to me are the "commercial tunes" and "buying cheap unhealthy food" ones, the latter being out of necessity, as college students, as a rule, don't have any spare money.

As for the former... ugh... now the Enzyte theme is playing in my head...

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 8:52 am

I am a great believer in life-saving medical interventions, but I also do a lot of reading up on medical issues. I am very careful about what medications I take and won't take any I don't need. I also pay close attention to potential drug interactions and side effects.

I do read newspapers, but I get my news from various sources.

I sometimes hum television commercials, mainly pet food ads, because they are the only ones that don't annoy me.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

23 Oct 2007, 8:58 am

Yeah, erm, because so many MORE newborn babies/children under 5 die nowadays thanks to the evil vaccines we let the nasty ppl in white coats give them than in medieval times where sanitation was a myth and smallpox/measles/mumps/rubella/polio/BLACK DEATH was GOOD for people.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 9:16 am

I guess I am a sheep, which is better than being a goat at least, cos they really smell. :wink:[/quote]

I guess I'd rather smell like a battering ram than be led like a lamb to the slaughter.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 9:17 am

etg1701 wrote:
Quote:

Well of course I do, though perhaps not as conventionally understood. As far as the existing political philosophies go, though, liberal democracy has by far the best track record when it comes to the handicapped (or those perceived as handicapped by society in any case). Most anti-democratic thinkers (Plato, Nietzsche, and so on) would chuck us out like moldy cheese the second they got into power as they simply have no tolerance for anyone who requires extra care or resources from society.

But every single democracy that ever existed on earth failed and was ultimately destroyed.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 9:21 am

LadyMacbeth wrote:
Yeah, erm, because so many MORE newborn babies/children under 5 die nowadays thanks to the evil vaccines we let the nasty ppl in white coats give them than in medieval times where sanitation was a myth and smallpox/measles/mumps/rubella/polio/BLACK DEATH was GOOD for people.

LOL. There is no cure and no eradication of any disease as a result of vaccination. You can't vaccinate the entire universe and all organisms. You can't cull all the animals on earth carrying deadly viruses, you can't stop AIDS, SARS, West Nile or cancer. The death sentences are out there - and no one can stop them by means of *modern science*. The entire approach is wrong and faulty at its basis.

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2007, 9:29 am

jjstar wrote:
I guess I am a sheep, which is better than being a goat at least, cos they really smell. :wink:

I guess I'd rather smell like a battering ram than be led like a lamb to the slaughter.[/quote]

You've been led to the slaughter. You're so desperate to find these conspiracies that you trust nothing the government says or does. We've all admited that medine and government aren't perfect, but that it's the best we've got. You insist that they're always wrong, and always evil. Nothing in always wrong and evil! Now I've asked you again and again, what would you do to protect children for disease without medine?

Ben_Cardwell

23 Oct 2007, 9:29 am

jjstar wrote:
etg1701 wrote:
Quote:

But every single democracy that ever existed on earth failed and was ultimately destroyed.
Yeah, like that America country. It just fell flat on its face, didn't it?

jjstar wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:

LOL. There is no cure and no eradication of any disease as a result of vaccination. You can't vaccinate the entire universe and all organisms. You can't cull all the animals on earth carrying deadly viruses, you can't stop AIDS, SARS, West Nile or cancer. The death sentences are out there - and no one can stop them by means of *modern science*. The entire approach is wrong and faulty at its basis.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Ever heard of Smallpox? You won't find people getting vaccinated for it. You know why? Because we vaccinated everone for it and it died out, and it's gone. Aside from that, who cares if the illness is gone? I'm vaccinated agains Measles, Mumps, Polio (which the World Health Organization is trying to eradicate, and which most certainly does exist despite your somewhat stupid assertation to the contrary) and a host of other things which I will never get.

Also, you don't need to kill every cell of a disease to kill it off. Look up Herd Immunity.