How much content is required for AspieWiki?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

How complete should the Wiki be for open Beta?
Poll ended at 05 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm
Open it up and let the chips fall where they may 47%  47%  [ 9 ]
10 pages. Enough to get the idea 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
50 pages. Enough for some browsing time 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
100 pages. Good round number 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
42! (Other/Please explain) 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Can you let me know when the ice cream arrives? 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 19

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 6:56 pm

The concept of an "AspieWiki", as "a site to store relevant information and research on AS-related topics", has received as of this writing, 56 votes in support (see below link).

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt232981.html

My next question is how much content should be uploaded to the Wiki before having a public beta? On one hand there are concerns about how many pages should be up on the Wiki to demonstrate progress on the project, on the other hand, it's easier to gain support with an open beta.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 7:50 pm

I've seen wikis with only the main page and some sort of cover, theoretically the aspie wiki could start that way too. Then people can add things to it from there. There must be at least one of us with some kind of special interest in wikis :lol:

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 7:53 pm

Shatbat wrote:
I've seen wikis with only the main page and some sort of cover, theoretically the aspie wiki could start that way too. Then people can add things to it from there. There must be at least one of us with some kind of special interest in wikis :lol:

Well, it's already passed that point. :D

slushy9
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2013, 8:52 am

oops accidentally voted 100
i vote for...Open it up and let the chips fall where they may

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 11:40 pm

As an update, I'm back to adding content to the Wiki. It's still not to the point where I would like it to be for open beta.

In order, I'd like to add more research papers, more concepts, and more articles on existing Neurodiversity groups.

I'd also like to open up a section on Neurodiversity related blogs as well.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 8:25 am

You could add Feralucce's, I guess.

Sorry, I like your idea and would like to be more supportive of it, but I'm not much into creating wikis :lol:

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:30 am

I don't like neurodiversity websites and blogs, most don't have much analytical or practical stuff to inform people in a neutral way, but mostly emotional arguments about intangibles that I don't care about, so I hope wiki will not focus on those.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 11:21 am

Shatbat wrote:
You could add Feralucce's, I guess.

Sorry, I like your idea and would like to be more supportive of it, but I'm not much into creating wikis :lol:

I'm now on the lookout for content to add to the existing Wiki.

btbnnyr wrote:
I don't like neurodiversity websites and blogs, most don't have much analytical or practical stuff to inform people in a neutral way, but mostly emotional arguments about intangibles that I don't care about, so I hope wiki will not focus on those.

I think the main focus of the Wiki will be on research papers, and factual matters relating to Neurodiversity. As a service to the community, and to provide more "one-stop shopping", I have no objection to a factual description of existing blogs, even if I personally might prefer a format with more detailed (sourced) content.

I'm not sure if that responds to your thoughts.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 12:24 pm

You can open it up whenever you want, but it's unlikely much people will use it unless there is a base that will draw people to it, and it's not going to get bigger if no one uses it.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

How many pages have you got? :D

Excuse me for being a luddite, is the wiki open to additions by anyone, do you approve and edit the entries?

I have seen a few people who are obviously very well read on aspie articles, surely a co-op of other members will reduce the work load on you and increase the content dramatically.

I feel journal articles and blogs should both be included but kept in separate areas.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 2:52 pm

A factual article on neurodiversity in general seems fine, but I don't think there is need to have articles on neurodiversity blogs or to put focus on individual blogs, which consume most of attention not already consumed by cure stuff, and I think no need to add more attention to either of those.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:46 pm

neilson_wheels wrote:
Excuse me for being a luddite, is the wiki open to additions by anyone, do you approve and edit the entries?

I have seen a few people who are obviously very well read on aspie articles, surely a co-op of other members will reduce the work load on you and increase the content dramatically.

I feel journal articles and blogs should both be included but kept in separate areas.

The wiki is limited to edits by members to avoid vandalism.

As things stand as of this moment in time, thanks to two very helpful contributors (thank you!), I have a number of research papers that need to be referenced and explained in the Wiki.

I am not standing in the way of factual descriptions of existing Neurodiversity resources, such as blogs. Right now, the current area of focus is on adding papers and active Neurodiversity organizations/events.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jul 2013, 11:19 pm

My suggestion is to call it something other than the Aspie Wiki, since the DSM-5 has eliminated Asperger's disorder. It also looks like the ICD-11 will follow suit. Fewer and fewer people will receive a diagnosis of Asperger's disorder/syndrome. Eventually, most people may not even know what the word means. Maybe the ASD Wiki or the Autism Wiki?

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 7:57 am

AgentPalpatine wrote:
I am not standing in the way of factual descriptions of existing Neurodiversity resources, such as blogs. Right now, the current area of focus is on adding papers and active Neurodiversity organizations/events.

Thanks for clearing that up. Regarding the blogs, personally I did not mean 'My life with Asperger's' blogs.

More like Sophist's blog
http://insolemexumbra.wordpress.com/

and Aspie Strategy
http://www.aspiestrategy.com/

Which ever route you choose it will be a massive benefit to many people.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:39 pm

You are welcome to add my neurodiversity paper when it is published, which probably will be next week. I just returned a few comments on the proof.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 9:29 pm

rdos wrote:
You are welcome to add my neurodiversity paper when it is published, which probably will be next week. I just returned a few comments on the proof.

It's good to see a WPer get published. I'm glad for you that the paper is almost on the printer (or in the cloud, whatever the case may be).