Page 3 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

fleurdelily wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Yes, Oregon is great!
Although you may want to come to the west side of the state because people who reside in Eastern Oregon are Aspie-phobic and think they are holier than thou!

Oregonians drink clean water all the damn time! :P

Portland is a great city to encounter. :P
Portland has great music & art scenes, along with awesome food scenes. :D
It is Aspie-friendly, but you may have to explain your Aspergers in three sentences. :)
We have bus, light rail, and streetcar. Tickets are $2. :)
There is also a tram, but tickets are $4, give the fact it cost $60 million to do. :evil:
It is a very popular bike-friendly city, so bring your bike! :P
Portland has seven colleges you can choose from, the most popular being Portland State University and Portland Community College, so Portland is a college city! :P

Portland is very liberal with great intellectuals who will welcome Aspies.
From best estimates, 20-30% of Portlanders fall into the LGBT Spectrum.

I could go on & on about Portland, but that is all I could come up with.

AMEN I happen to live in eastern oregon for the last 10 years, and it is horrible. I've lived lotsa places, all over the western US and the only place worse than eastern oregon was idaho. THis little town has quite a few redneck bullies in it

How about northern Idaho? I've lived in Tensed, and it's not so bad (except for all the dust and dirt). And why don't you live anywhere in western Oregon? I've lived all over the western side of Oregon, and I wasn't really disappointed.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 6:54 pm

San Antonio Texas. Texas people are unsualy friendly and nice to begin with.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 9:27 pm

Ugh, why do people bother ressurecting old posts from the dead? It's been four years, just make a new one!

Anyway, I saw my old response about New Palestine, Indiana and I still agree with it lol That town sucked so bad. On the topic, I'd say anywhere in Indiana probably isn't an overly friendly place. The South in my experience has been so much nicer and everyone's been much friendlier. So I guess anywhere from Kentucky through Texas is good in my book :wink:

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 9:43 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Ugh, why do people bother ressurecting old posts from the dead? It's been four years, just make a new one!

Because responses from four years ago are still relevant and not all of us saw it four years ago?

I've found that college towns tend to be friendlier than non-college towns.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

Anywhere except Grand Ledge, Michigan.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BitterGeek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2011, 10:06 pm

One more vote for Boston, MA. It's the home of MIT, one of best nerd schools. The Route 128 belt is home to hundreds of tech companies. There's plenty of ASD support resources.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2011, 10:26 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
fleurdelily wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Yes, Oregon is great!
Although you may want to come to the west side of the state because people who reside in Eastern Oregon are Aspie-phobic and think they are holier than thou!

Oregonians drink clean water all the damn time! :P

Portland is a great city to encounter. :P
Portland has great music & art scenes, along with awesome food scenes. :D
It is Aspie-friendly, but you may have to explain your Aspergers in three sentences. :)
We have bus, light rail, and streetcar. Tickets are $2. :)
There is also a tram, but tickets are $4, give the fact it cost $60 million to do. :evil:
It is a very popular bike-friendly city, so bring your bike! :P
Portland has seven colleges you can choose from, the most popular being Portland State University and Portland Community College, so Portland is a college city! :P

Portland is very liberal with great intellectuals who will welcome Aspies.
From best estimates, 20-30% of Portlanders fall into the LGBT Spectrum.

I could go on & on about Portland, but that is all I could come up with.

AMEN I happen to live in eastern oregon for the last 10 years, and it is horrible. I've lived lotsa places, all over the western US and the only place worse than eastern oregon was idaho. THis little town has quite a few redneck bullies in it

How about northern Idaho? I've lived in Tensed, and it's not so bad (except for all the dust and dirt). And why don't you live anywhere in western Oregon? I've lived all over the western side of Oregon, and I wasn't really disappointed.

husband's job.. puts us here. You're right about norther idaho, my experience was with eastern idaho.... Idaho falls area. icka. I grew up on the west coast and I didn't really experience too much difficulty, until I moved to smaller and smaller towns. I would live in northern idaho in a heartbeat, if it was accessible to the husband's job.

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 12:12 am

Portland area was the first place I felt I could really put in roots.

Of course anywhere there is high-tech is my kinda place...

blackomen
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2019, 1:00 am

Would you consider Amsterdam an Aspie-friendly city?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 5:06 am

Probably the city I live in because it is known for having eccentric people.

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2019, 6:51 am

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 9:12 am

Mild temperature

Democratic

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 9:41 am

Monowi, Nebraska. It is an incorporated village in Boyd County, Nebraska, United States. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 1. It is the only incorporated municipality in the United States with such a population. According to tradition, the name Monowi means "flower" in an unidentified Native American language. Monowi was so named after the many wildflowers growing at the original site of the village.

Hell is other people.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 8:32 pm

i would guess Olympia, WA. long a haven for outliers of every stripe.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 1:18 pm

Okay...maybe not Portland after all because in part for three reasons that make Portland a dystopic hell.

-Homeless Situation

(The homeless are often moved around by the city like cattle, sometimes ostracized by actual residents around them and are believed to be involved in the destruction of many outdoor areas of Portland.)

-Police Brutality

(A recent example of police brutality is in the Summer of 2018, a black man named Jason Washington was murdered in cold blood by two white security officers who work for my school. In fact, Jason was murdered just because he was trying to break up a fight but said security officers believed otherwise about him.)

-Incompetent City Leaders

(It's obvious as to why this is.)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 9:30 am

I would say the people I know here in my city are pretty friendly to me but I don't have a formal diagnosis. I would be afraid of losing everything I worked so hard to build if I had a diagnosis and that things I don't have yet would be forever out of reach.