Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cold Climate Weather (ie. NY MT) Vs Warm Climate Weather (FL, CA)
Cold weather is fine with me i prefer it 44%  44%  [ 45 ]
Warm weather is fine with me i prefer it 41%  41%  [ 42 ]
I don't care weather doesn't affect me at all 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
i like Both types of weather and can deal with it 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 103

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 2:03 pm

The other day i saw a video (i'm sorry i can't find the link for it) yet it mentioned a family whose child was on the
spectrum.
They lived in a very cold area with a lot of snow and it seemed to make the son worse (the cold did)
This is how it is for me, i cannot stand being cold, or freezing temps, or snow, or any coldness outside that will make me cold it really
affects me badly. I won't leave the house when its cold.

We ended up moving to Florida from NY since i really do so much better in a warm climate. The sun and Vita D from it are always great.
It's warm almost all the time, it's never cold hardly and i can actually get out of bed and go outside and function unlike NY winters.

Does anyone else have issues with the cold temperatures?

Do you function better in cold weather or warm weather?
I am bedlogged in cold weather

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm

I have temperature sensitivities due to autism and I get very annoyed and sleepy when it is warm and when it is cold I feel quite disturbed and alert. I much prefer cold weather and could never live where it's warm as it would be very difficult to get any work done. Lucky for me I live in a temperate climate where it is mild all year round. The changes in these regions between summer and winter are generally relatively moderate, rather than extreme hot or cold.

I feel the cold more then anyone and I often over dress for cold weather with at least 4 sweaters under my coat. This is only for 0 degree weather. Anything less or more then room temperature drives me bonkers.

Last edited by Dreycrux on 23 Jan 2013, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 2:15 pm

Colder temperature.
I have polymorphous light eruption.
But I also don't function very well under heat or light in my eyes. So I wear sunglasses during much sunlight.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Jan 2013, 2:19 pm

Can't stand warm weather/humidity, because I grew up in a pretty cold climate. I'm pretty toasty if the ambient temperature outside is 65. :lol:

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 3:01 pm

I'm like the OP, I don't like cold at all, and function much better in warm weather. When it's cold out, I get in "hibernation mode"; I just want to be alone *all* the time, and only want to study my special interests; it's hard to find energy for anything else. It's much harder to be out and about, and also to work, when it's cold outside. Whereas in the summer I feel much more lively. I can tolerate social situations much better when it's warm. Maybe it is the vitamin D, interesting idea. I do know that I like to go out in the sun whenever possible.

tonmeister
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2013, 3:07 pm

I get really uncomfortable above 70 degrees Fahrenheit or so. The warmer it gets, the less comfortable I get. I can't stand humidity either, but I've experienced the famous desert "dry heat" in Nevada, and that was only slightly more tolerable.
I can't take bright light either, so it's probably a good thing I live in a very overcast region.
I tend to spend summers indoors.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 3:07 pm

Morgana wrote:
I'm like the OP, I don't like cold at all, and function much better in warm weather. When it's cold out, I get in "hibernation mode"; I just want to be alone *all* the time, and only want to study my special interests; it's hard to find energy for anything else. It's much harder to be out and about, and also to work, when it's cold outside. Whereas in the summer I feel much more lively. I can tolerate social situations much better when it's warm. Maybe it is the vitamin D, interesting idea. I do know that I like to go out in the sun whenever possible.

You sound just like me with that! If i can managed to get out the bed i was huddled in layers in front of the computer. My energy level is almost non-existant when it's cold. I need the warmth! =)

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 3:08 pm

I love cold.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 3:10 pm

I prefer warmer weather. Although I feel the cold more than the heat, I wouldn’t mind it so much if it was just cold and dry for a few days but without the snow. But in England we get a lot of wind and cloud, which usually brings rain any time of the year, so when the temperature drops to below 3 celcius in the winter, 9 times out of 10 is will be snow.
I don’t like snow because it disrupts my routine or plans, and makes everywhere all icy or slushy and not a joy to walk in, and everybody just freaks out and acts like 2 centimetres of snow is like 6 feet of snow. But now I have brought ice-grippers to put on the bottom of my shoes that do work good, snow has become less of an ordeal if I have just got to go to work. Otherwise, it is annoying when it snows on my days/week-ends off (I only get every other week-end off), and it always tends to snow on the week-ends I have off. Also I get asked to come into work when it’s snowing on my days off, and because I dislike where I am, I do not want to have to go in just because of a bit of snow.

But I don’t think I’m hypersensitive to any temperature really. I think I just prefer the warmth to the cold, it’s not so much being hypersensitive. I say that because usually I am not any different to other people; like I do not go around in a thick coat when it’s spring and everyone else is wearing only light jackets or just a long-sleeved shirt/etc. And I do not go around in shorts when it’s late Autumn and everyone else are starting to wear coats because of the temperature typically dropping. Even if I do go out in a scarf when the temperature is around 16 celcius, I still begin to feel too hot, unless there is a chilly northerly wind without no sun. But then that catches a lot of people out. A bit like when you get a really boiling hot day but consisting of heavy rain showers.

undercaffeinated
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jan 2013, 3:51 pm

I prefer somewhat warm weather, but not too hot. What really bothers me is going back and forth between very cold and warm environments (like from -25C outside to +22C inside)... I get aches and my skin gets hypersensitive like it does if I have a fever. Warm weather doesn't bother me unless it gets over 30C or so as long as I can get out of the sun.

Coastal BC or the pacific northwest in the US is appealing weather-wise, because that area doesn't usually get terribly hot or cold during the year. Where I am now is, unfortunately, the reverse -- hot summers but very cold winters.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 11:46 pm

I prefer warmer weather that isn't above 90 degrees F. Unfortunately I live in a place with very cold winters. I can't stand winter. It makes me feel cold and depressed. I think I have a mild seasonal affects disorder. Warm weather just puts me in a better mood. Cold weather makes me cranky and well...cold. I freeze in any temperature in weather below 50F. I swear I have chronic hypothermia because I am always cold.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 12:08 am

6 months out of the year, it's ~100 degrees and 95%+ humidity where I live, it's miserable! If you're outside in that for more than 30min, you're apt to get a heat stroke...no fun! I'd much prefer a colder climate, after all in the cold you can always put more clothes on. In warmer areas there's a definite limit to how much you can take off.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 12:18 am

mid-30s and dry is fine with me, i can always bundle up against the chill. but i can't strip beyond naked when the temperature gets into the sweaty seventies or the exhausting eighties. it is so much easier to exercise outside when it is cold enough that one doesn't sweat and get hot.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 12:38 am

A little over freezing is no big deal. Just wear some layers.

I do find walking on ice and driving on slippery roads annoying though.

Best thing about the cold though is it drives off the bugs. Being in a hot humid climate is bad enough, but add flies or damn ticks landing on you and mosquitoes buzzing around landing on you while coping with sweltering heat...... I would rather take my chances with the icy side walks and snow.

Note: I really loath Ticks and I'll embrace the cold climate that drive those little s**ts away.

TheAvatar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2013, 12:51 am

I've lived in Texas my entire life, and I still can't stand the heat. Anything above the low 90s makes my head hurt.

If it drops into the 30s, though, I can wear short sleeves with little problem.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 3:13 am

I have a fairly broad tolerance for both hot and cold weather--relative to other people in my area, anyway (I live in a fairly mild area where it's between about 60 and 75 degrees fahrenheit all year). When others wear a heavy overcoat, I'm fine with a light sweatshirt. My hands are the only part of my body that usually get uncomfortably cold. Meanwhile, I like hot, dry days in the 90s while most other people in my area complain when the temperature breaks 80 degrees. I dislike humid conditions, however.