Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 3:48 pm

I'd have to say that mine would be the sense of smell. People all have smells, but very few people seem to be aware of it . . . As do most things.

You?

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 3:51 pm

Smell here too,
very sensitive to it indeed.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 4:00 pm

hearing probably

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Oct 2007, 4:01 pm

Sight is my best, hearing is my worse (go figure, auditory processing sucks)

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 4:07 pm

Smell and hearing. I can smell the weirdest things. And i used to hear car alarms go off in a busy, bustling building.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

25 Oct 2007, 4:35 pm

Intuition. And it's damn near supernatural at times.

Good fortune,

- Icarus has spider sense...

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2007, 4:41 pm

Smell and touch are my strongest. My sensitively to touch is the reason I can't stand to be touched by someone I'm not close to. My emotions are so intertwined with my tactile sensitively that when someone invades my physical personal space, I feel as though I'm being violated emotionally. When I'm close to someone, I want to be physically close to them all the time, but I need to be careful because if I'm too physical too soon, I get emotionally attached too soon.

Smells can overwhelm me. If it's a good smell, I'm in heaven. If it's a bad smell I get physically sick. When I was little, I gave myself urinary tract infections all the time because I refused to go to the bathroom at school. Whenever I went in there, I threw up even if it didn't really smell that bad by most people's standards.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 5:20 pm

Mine can be my sense of smell, i mean i can smell the weirdest things, but i would have to say my hearing, i hear wayyy too good sometimes lol.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 5:25 pm

Mine happens to be sight.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 5:39 pm

sound,it's a curse and not a strength.
sight is perfect,and can see colours etc clearly,but other sensory input messes it up,sensory overload removes vision altogether.

smell-am able to smell when things are starting to go bad,mum has always hated this because she doesn't like to throw away things that have gone bad,but now she likes it and gets am to smell everything for her.

touch,way to over sensitive here.

lastcrazyhorn,
the thing about smells,people are supposed to forget they are there after a bit,not sure how much that applies to auties,aspies and other hypersensitive sense people though.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 11:23 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
lastcrazyhorn,
the thing about smells,people are supposed to forget they are there after a bit,not sure how much that applies to auties,aspies and other hypersensitive sense people though.

It's just that some people never notice them to start with.

I did find something particularly amusing though. I just moved from NC to TX in the US to attend grad school for music therapy. I got my undergrad in music ed, so it's safe to say that I spent a lot of time in the music building. When I walked in the music building here in Texas, I was completely blown away because it smelled the same!! ! But who can I tell that to who'll understand what I'm talking about???

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2007, 11:52 pm

Sight and touch. I hardly have a sense of smell. Although once in a while I'll smell things no one else does.

Stockton
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2007, 12:02 am

Touch is my strongest. I have a weak sense of smell.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 12:22 am

Smell and taste I guess, I don't know that either are super powerful, just maybe better than the others.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 7:16 am

Sense of fashion.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2007, 8:27 am

Sense of smell. I remember one time I was driving out with one of my friends and I could distinctly smell marijuana. I asked my friend if she could smell it. She couldn't. She was dumbfounded. Then about 20 seconds later some guy in a sports car, from behind me pulled up next to me and passed me and he was smoking a joint. How did I smell the guy's joint while driving cars if he was behind me?! If he was in front of me, definitely... but from behind? I am extremely sensitive to the smell of marijuana in particular. Weird. I'm not a pot head either.

A close runner-up is my sense of hearing. I can hear all kinds of crazy sounds when all is quiet. Ticks of clocks, the high frequency buzzing of computer monitors (actually, I can hear those in a room full of commotion). It appears LCDs don't do it. I also hear weird patterns in sounds that others don't seem to notice, like when the baseball game is being broadcasted, I hear this weird grating sound, which changes in frequency every other fraction of a second coming from the TV set. I asked my dad the other day to change the station and the sound went away. I've heard this sound from other things, like movies like Stephen King's Dream Catcher. I'm a musician, so maybe that sensitizes me to auditory patterns. When I was tested by the military at MEPS, they said I had excellent hearing and seemed pretty surprised when I was tested.

My other senses are good, but don't really rival my senses of smell and hearing.