Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 5:17 pm

Mine: pacing, playing with the hair on my hairy mole, the "string thing", speeding up into a run, dancing around like a crazy person and squealing, walking oddly fast, doing stuff faster and/or with more force, posing as if for a camera, probably others. :)

Last edited by Ana54 on 05 Nov 2007, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2007, 5:26 pm

I bounce my legs or feet when I'm sitting, or I'll play with some object (preferably cylindrical, like a pen or pencil. I've used a mini maglite before.) Sometimes I pace, especially when I'm nervous. I rock a little, from time to time. I used to rock a lot when I was in elementary school, but I grew out of it.

All in all, though, I think stimming is fun! :D

EDIT: Oh, and I spin around lots when I'm in a wheeled office chair.

Last edited by Stevopedia on 05 Nov 2007, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 5:28 pm

Stevopedia wrote:
I bounce my legs or feet when I'm sitting, or I'll play with some object (preferably cylindrical, like a pen or pencil. I've used a mini maglite before.) Sometimes I pace, especially when I'm nervous. I rock a little, from time to time. I used to rock a lot when I was in elementary school, but I grew out of it.

All in all, though, I think stimming is fun! :D

I don't think I rocked more in elementary school, but I did all that ALSO!

surroundfan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2007, 5:34 pm

Rubbing my knuckles together, playing with my hair and shaking my leg are my main ones

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Nov 2007, 5:38 pm

I rock when I sleep, its hard to explain really, thats has always been my most profound, when I was at collage I could not do this and it drove me insane at first, but you get used to it.

I also pace when having a conversation, i need to move around to think, and I rock very slightly whenever I feel I can get away with it if im sitting in a chair, especally a rocking chair.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 6:19 pm

mine are... spinning, twisting my fingers, flapping, running on my tippy toes, biting my hand, clapping, rocking... i think the stim i do the most even in public now is biting my hand and anybody elses i come in contact with lol...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 6:34 pm

Let's see... Running around my backyard with my iPod on and shaking my leg are my main ones. I used to do things like tap my hands/fingers on my legs and flap my hands, but I got teased for it so I forced myself to stop.

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2007, 7:02 pm

i make a kazoo sound. I used to spin when i was a little kid. Boy was that fun.
i rub my hair, dont know if thats a stim, but do it alot when anxious.
i also tend to bounce my legs and spin my ring ( its a ring with another ring on teh outside that spins freely)

BrutalRhubarb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Nov 2007, 7:05 pm

If I have to sit in one place for too long, I can't stop my leg from bouncing. I also enjoy cracking my fingers by twisting them in every possible direction, one at a time, until every joint is limber. I can even do it one-handed. My biggest indulgence is biting my lips. Many times I've chewed up a raw spot, and on some occasions, they've bled a bit, but I still consider it to be a benefit somehow.
I noticed recently that I may have some stims related to smoking cigarettes. I roll my own, and I have a very specific ritual for doing so (kind of like how I eat pancakes and french toast, haha I just remembered this weird ritual I developed once for eating french toast, I would cut each bite the same way each time, every piece was assymetrical except for the last two which were the middle pieces and in fact it was so complex that I distinctly remember forgetting how to do it after some length of time, tho I still eat them in roughly the same way) So anyways, I roll cigs like that, too, with great focus on detail and perfection. They are fun to play with, b/c they don't break or rip. Hand-crafted cigarettes are also a semi-hobby of mine, so I have to stop my jabber here.
I like anything that accepts my full attention.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 7:18 pm

Jaw gnashing, knee bending, rocking back and forth from the heals to the balls of my feet as I stand or rocking from side to side from one foot to the other as I stand.

gogos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Nov 2007, 7:36 pm

does biting your nails count?

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2007, 8:22 pm

A lot of NT's do things like bounce their legs and bite their nails. I bounce my legs a lot too, but I also rock. If it's something that NT's do, then is it still a stim?

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 8:22 pm

I pace back and forth when I'm nervous.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 9:11 pm

Cracking my joints, biting my nails, and either griding my teeth against the surface of my nails or licking them. for some reason, I just love feeling my teeth grind against the surface of my nails.

becca423b

05 Nov 2007, 10:32 pm

I twirl my hair and open and close my watch.

becca423b

05 Nov 2007, 10:32 pm

I twirl my hair and open and close my watch.