Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2007, 9:21 pm

OddballBen wrote:
I can't stand grass either. Also the cottonball, paper towel, and vegetable texture thing bothers me, too. It makes a weird squeaking noise...

But I have to ask, how can you plug your ears and write at the same time? :?

i'm left handed, so while i wrote, i tilted my head and pressed my left ear into my shoulder and plugged my right ear with my finger. :lol:

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2007, 9:31 pm

oh, yes.. the Styrofoam.. *shudder* and certain tags annoy me and have to be cut out, too. and i hate the sound of biting into a popsicles, too!! as well as the wooden popsicle stick in general.. i always avoid touching the stick... but biting into makes my skin crawl... so i only suck on popsicles or get the kind with plastic sticks... it sounds differently, and i don't have to touch the stick... also, lolipop sticks.. i never liked to touch those...

as for smells... i think my sense of smell is a little weird... lol. certain smells that should bother me, like skunk spray, farts, human feces, dead animals, and stuff like that don't bother me at all!! in fact, i almost find them pleasant.. :? but smells like my mom's musk deodorant, or vanilla scented stuff, or my sister's pumpkin scented candle, and other random things that should smell good to me.. i can't stand!! but there are still a lot of things that should smell good that do, and things that should smell bad that do... like rotting vegetation, or animal feces... also, i can't stand the smell of anyone's urine except my own...

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2007, 9:34 pm

Rynessa wrote:
I don't want to see or hear anyone brushing their teeth.
The worst is when people on tv are talking with a toothbrush in their mouth.
I don't let my husband see me brushing my teeth either.
It's just so disgusting.

i agree... but the biggest thing i can't stand about it is the smell. i can't stand the smell of tooth paste... (but the gel is fine)

Aspirituous
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Nov 2007, 10:35 pm

I hate touching greasy looking things, like buttons (it's actually surprisingly common, it's called koumpounophobia), I hate rubbing dry, dirty fingers together (it gives me that chalkboard scratching feeling), and I am easily startled by loud noises. I can tolerate a noisy environment, but I do have the tendency to jump when I hear a balloon pop or a train sounding its horn as it goes by.

-Main
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2007, 10:37 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i'm extremely hyper sensative to noise especially at nite. so much so that i could hear electricity in the lightbulbs and it would bother the heck out of me disrupting mah beauty sleep

I have been kept up all night by the faint ticking of the fluorescent bulb in the next room. If the light has been on on for a long time, when turned of it can tick quietly while cooling down. The one in my room, before I replaced it, would tick and flash slightly (at the same time) about twice every minute.

I'm also quite sensitive to light - if someone turns the light on in my bedroom at night, the sudden intense light almost makes me scream with pain. And when listening to music, other people seem to enjoy volumes that have me blocking my ears. Some perfumes and deodorants are extremely annoying. And when passing the car spray-painting place every morning when I bike to school, sometimes it smells like some sort of poisonous gas is in the air. It makes me choke and hold my breath until I'm past. And I never eat anything with mushrooms in - I hate the texture.

-Main

08 Nov 2007, 10:41 pm

And a friend of mine (with AS) is hypersensitive to heat, but hyposensitive to cold temperatures. She'll eat ice blocks in winter, but won't get food out of the oven.

Brooklyn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Nov 2007, 11:25 pm

I can't touch my own couch with bare feet. Seriously, I hate the texture of the upholstery on my feet.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Nov 2007, 11:27 pm

Rynessa wrote:
I don't want to see or hear anyone brushing their teeth.
The worst is when people on tv are talking with a toothbrush in their mouth.
I don't let my husband see me brushing my teeth either.
It's just so disgusting.

And have you noticed how many movies seem to think that we want to see someone brushing their teeth, and then spitting into the sink? I can name two or three - Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Stranger Than Fiction. Another one I can't remember the name of about a photographer who had to find some pictures he'd had stolen. But is is so f*****g gross!

Aspirituous
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Nov 2007, 11:38 pm

Brooklyn wrote:
I can't touch my own couch with bare feet. Seriously, I hate the texture of the upholstery on my feet.

I can't either, but for the reason that I would not want to contaminate my couch with my smelly feet. I hate feet in general.

Brooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2007, 12:20 am

Another one that I missed in my earlier post.

Teeth brushing. I have to keep the water going so that it masks the sound and the spit is immediately washed away.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 6:34 am

Well now....how does it effect me? My whole life has been turned into a separate sphere of comfort away and cut off from what is going on around me - just to survive. In all aspects and all levels. I used to be called a non-conformist. Then a rebel. But whatever - for my entire life I've been getting free from the oppressions of this world. From its elements to its distractions to the energies to the brainwashings and just doing my own thing in my world. If I'm infiltrated I have ways to overcome and transmute. And if I can't sometimes I will meltdown. And when I meltdown I don't stay down. Because I won't ever let them (whoever they may be) win.

juhis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2007, 8:49 am

cotton. i'm talking about putting on a brand new sweat-shirt and feeling that brand new sweat-shirt feel against my skin. especially on my finger tips. its one of the main reasons i prefer buying 2nd hand clothing. because it's already "broken-in" and it doesn't have that feeling to it.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 8:57 am

juhis wrote:
cotton. i'm talking about putting on a brand new sweat-shirt and feeling that brand new sweat-shirt feel against my skin. especially on my finger tips. its one of the main reasons i prefer buying 2nd hand clothing. because it's already "broken-in" and it doesn't have that feeling to it.

could be to do with the country of origin and the bloody poisons they use to process the cotton. I like 2nd hand too for that reason - the older ways were tess toxic.

Sally
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Nov 2007, 10:31 am

i am sensitive to:
certain textures of food, not many people understand this & so think i am just being fussy but i can not bare certain textures in my mouth
the feel of some types of clothes. i have to touch anything i am going to try on in the shop & will not buy something just because it doesnt feel quite right. i am sensitive to socks & cant wear them some days. also i can only wash clothes in non-bio wash powder & only certain types of that
noise! i hate loud noises & also the noise of metal touching metal or teeth. this makes me shout at whoever is doing it but unfortunatly some people just find it funny so do it even more :x . also the noise created when too many people are talking at once. also i can hear noises that are too quiet for other people, like this morning in uni i was getting annoyed by the OHP which kept clicking, but no one else could hear it!
being touched particularly on my knees, thighs, sides, upper arms, back, neck & ears!

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 1:06 pm

Extreme temperatures (hot or cold) - when I was at school, one of the other girls pushed me into the shower when I wasn't ready & I scalded my feet. The teacher heard me scream and came in, but she said I was being ridiculous because the water wasn't even hot - and anyway, all the other girls could stand in it.

Also, I was the only one who was in so much pain from the cold when we had to play hockey & netball in the winter that I couldn't even attempt to join in - and as for catching a ball - I felt my fingers would shatter if it hit them.

I also don't like touching things with rough textures, and when I dry myself after a bath, or am drying the dishes, I have to wet my hands before using the towel or tea-towel so it does not slide over them.

Potatoes that are still crunchy because they haven't been cooked properly make me gag, and as for wool & labels in clothes - the itching drives me crazy!

Noises can upset me, but it really depends what mood I am in as to how much I am affected. Screaming kids are the worst thing though.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Nov 2007, 6:36 pm

I can't eat green candy. People laugh at me. Now, I just make the joke that I don't eat green candy because it's not ripe yet. That makes people laugh. I don't know why, but I just can't. I can't stand to put my head under water. The idea of it makes me crazy. I can't stand to wear new clotes until they've been washed. Tags only bother me sometimes. Certain textures of clothes make me crazy. Can't wear jeans at all. Denim feels awful. I also can't stand the seams on jeans. I never thought about liking second hand clothes because they're already broken in. Hmmm...might be something to that.

Foods. Can't eat yogurt. I tell people it's because it's unnatural to eat things with a y and a g in it. It's really the texture. Pudding. Jello. Ice cream is okay. I also have problems with the temperature of foods. Have to be warm. Can't stand cold foods. Like cold drinks though. They're okay.

Flourescent lighting. That buzzing sound is awful. Some lotions bother me alot.

Smells. Don't get me started on that. Smells make me crazy. Especially because it seems like some people purposefully bathe in perfume and cologne.

Repetitive sounds. Banging, clicking, beeping, high pitched sounds....