Is watching youself in the mirror a common aspie trait?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Rynessa
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2007, 6:39 pm

"...he is mild at best."

Surely you meant to say that he is mild at worst.
Or would you like him to have a "better" case of Asperger's?

whateveryousay2007
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2007, 1:19 pm

Mild at best as it being put to me as it not being a severe case.

toboo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Apr 2008, 8:51 pm

i'm pretty obsessed with looking in mirrors too. i don't know why. it's weird. i don't think i'm that vain. i'm trying to be more aware of it, and not do it in public.

TheNathan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2008, 9:08 pm

Yeah, I do it quite often. Usually any reflective surface that catches my attention will cause me to at least give a good glance at it and see how I look, though it's not really narcissism. I've been doing it since I was a small child, as well.

Microban
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2008, 9:12 pm

When I was younger, and now, I look at myself in the mirror for hours. I made different faces, it certainly made me laugh alot.
I have alot of trouble remembering what my face looks like, so I always surprise myself.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 9:54 pm

s' funny...that is part of the reason I do it too..have trouble remembeing what my face looks like.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 11:08 pm

I glance at myself in mirrors (and reflective shop windows) but dislike making eye contact with myself. It seems strange looking at myself, like I'm looking at someone else, not really me. I live so much in my head that I tend to forget I've got a body and face.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 11:51 pm

I hate looking in the mirror. My son seems to enjoy it. I do know that sometimes I have done that to see what I actually LOOK LIKE...It's a weird feeling, but everytime I look in the mirror I see a different person. Not just two different people...Sometimes I see myself as a monster...just horrible looking...and others I think I lok awesome...So, I don't know...although I hate it, when others aren't around I do it sometimes because I want to see what I look like on that particular day...

Right now I'm in front of a mirror and I hate the way I look...it's like looking at someone else...

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:14 am

NTs like mirrors too.

TheNathan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2008, 1:04 am

Uh, in a different way.

cdc2001c

10 Apr 2008, 11:00 pm

I can't help but look at a mirror if it around. I also noticed that I find myself practicing converstations before they occur, just so I will know how to make my face look when I talk to people. Im drawn to reflective surfaces. My family tells me that Im trying to be vain. They dont know that I have AS, I just recently found out. I had no idea that there was such a condition I always just felt like I was an alien that someone dropped off here to observe and learn. Anyway before I ramble some more, The mirror for me grounds me to the here and now and lets me know that I am here and serves as practice for whats to come.

BrutalRhubarb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Apr 2008, 11:19 pm

check his sock drawer, he could be on something