Do you like getting your photo taken?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2007, 11:38 pm

Just curious. I have very few photo's of myself and I sometimes feel really weird about being photographed. I sometimes avoid cameras like they're gonna steal my soul or something.

How about you?

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 11:43 pm

I hate it, unless i have makeup or somethin on, i can't smile worth of anything especially on command, all my pix taken are amazing that im smilin in half of them haha, thats why i try to post them because ur rarely see me smile, oh well haha.

Myrkabah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2007, 11:47 pm

No, not at all. I always look so strange in photographs. I don't want to think that it's actually me. I also can't stand posing.

There are very few photos of me that I like.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 11:50 pm

I don't like it when other people take my picture and ask me to pose and smile. But I've also done some modeling for artsy photo projects. That was fun.

My computer has a built-in camera and a program called PhotoBooth. I have fun playing with it.

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2007, 11:52 pm

Is it strange that digital cameras don't freak me out as much as film cameras? I still get anxious in front of them, but not as much.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 12:00 am

Not at all. People try to get me to smile and I think I'm smiling yet they say I'm not. Annoying.

I especially hate the flash. It hurts my eyes. A lot of photos that have been taken of me have my eyes close; I instinctively and uncontrollably try to avoid it.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 12:07 am

Age1600 wrote:
I hate it, unless i have makeup or somethin on, i can't smile worth of anything especially on command, all my pix taken are amazing that im smilin in half of them haha, thats why i try to post them because ur rarely see me smile, oh well haha.

I've got high functioning autism too, but I haven't got f**king tourettes. I hate having my picture taken, sometimes my Mum will take one when i'm off guard, and i'm like "can you delete that".

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 12:09 am

I hate it and so does my husband. We have almost no pictures of us together, let alone separately. We have lots of pictures of our dogs though. :D

hip66
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2007, 12:22 am

I despise having my picture taken. I never photograph well and I don't like the idea of not having any control over the photograph once its been taken. People seem to think that they have the right to take your picture just because they have a camera in their hands. (Does that give me the right to snatch the camera away and bash it to pieces???) Generally, I find all sorts of ways not to be around when the cameras come out or, when I'm feeling ornery and some jerk isn't getting the message, to ruin the shot the moment it's snapped.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 12:57 am

I just get tired of the lenses cracking. Really aggravating. :D

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 1:04 am

I'm cool with it.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 1:09 am

No, unless I'm taking the pic myself.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 1:12 am

I hate getting my photo taken. In pretty much all my photos, I look depressed, extremely tense, or downright stupid. And I can never pose correctly for the camera; no matter how hard I try, I always hate the way I look when the photo comes out. So whenever someone points a camera at me, I put my hand over my face (palm facing out). However, when I'm drunk, I do a complete 180 as far as photos are concerned. I start posing for the camera in a goofy way, putting my arms around people next to me, and smiling like NTs do.

IronicChef
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Nov 2007, 1:34 am

I despise pictures of myself, and I work in the entertainment industry --- I always say to people around me that I stay behind the cameras so that they won't take pictures of me... It's a sort of casual and safe response, bit it is far more true then they might have been willing to imagine :)

Nick

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 1:53 am

No, as people ask me to look up, I don't like looking up.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 1:56 am

I love having my photo taken, although I still haven't mastered using my digital camera.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!