Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 4:26 pm

I am squeaky clean. My room is like a library.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 6:22 pm

I try to keep my room clean, really I do. It just never quite works that way. It gets reeeeeally messy, then one night I'll walk into it, go "Oh yuck!" and then spend 2 hours cleaning non-stop until it's spotless. Then I swear to never let it get that bad again. Then two weeks later.... repeat.

I wash my hands about 100 times a day though, it's quite bad as I have sensitive skin and my hands are always dry. I do use a hand cream but it's expensive (I refuse to put all those disgusting chemicals in most supermarket brands on my skin...parabens and sulfates and petrochems and whatnot). My desk at work and keyboard get cleaned at least 3 times a week. I shower every day, my teeth get done once a day... I hate myself being dirty, I just don't seem to notice my surroundings.

Used to drive my parents mad when I was younger!!

jread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2007, 6:35 pm

I'm a total neat freak, though my habits are actually very routine-oriented. I shower daily because it's just what I do. I also keep my surroundings very neat and organized because I designate certain places where certain things must go every time... no exceptions. I guess it works out well for me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 7:03 pm

jread wrote:
I'm a total neat freak, though my habits are actually very routine-oriented. I shower daily because it's just what I do. I also keep my surroundings very neat and organized because I designate certain places where certain things must go every time... no exceptions. I guess it works out well for me.

This is me as well.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 8:58 pm

Yes Captain, I couldnt have explained my own situation better, I am fastidiously clean, and though I would Love my surroundings to be clean too, I live in one of those homes they would like to show on the TV with the two ladies wearing rubber gloves.

I do have areas of my home which are sterile, things like books and cds are not allowed to come into contact with the rest of the place least they become contaminated and my life time ambition of getting everything clean is set back.

The rest of the place is a heap of stuff waiting patently to be decontaminated and put into the decontaminated zone,

A good excuse to to invite anybody around.
I found getting rid of my chairs worked well also.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 10:45 pm

Plutonian_Persona wrote:
My personal hygiene is rather hit and miss. I brush my teeth at least three times a day and wash my hands often, but I don't shower or change my clothes for days.

I brush my teeth at least twice a day, but I'm honestly going to have to do like this dude and start making lists for things like, "have you taken a shower today?"

I just don't notice it until I seem to look up finally and realize, oh, I should bathe. Oops.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2007, 10:57 pm

I would be really clean, but I think why make the effort? I have no friends that come to my home.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

08 Dec 2007, 5:30 am

I am not worried about mess in the house. I will start to clean if I notice some kind of bug nest forming somewhere, in which i did inside of my dovet yesterday 8O ...this habbit does no justice for me as I kind of have a fear of bugs, especially spiders and moths which cause high anxiety.
The dishes are cleaned when there are no more clean ones inside of the cupboard. The vacuuming is done when there is a layer of dog hair formed on the carpet. The dusting isn't done until I start to sneeze etc. In other words, I am lazy about house chores. Usually if my mother is home, she will do them though.

Personal hygene, usually I shower once every two days, brush teeth daily etc. Lately I have been slacking off though. Just don't have the energy to clean myself up, nor see the point in it really. I am around no one, so I don't care if I smell, or look dirty. I know that I should be taking better care of myself though...

Memi
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2007, 8:17 am

When I first started to realized I was a social "strange" I was a messy person. I kept my person clean but not my space. Now...well...I shower at least 2 a day... I have to have everything in it's place and YES MY skin feels gross if and my mind can not function in the mess.
I think that it has something to do with that old saying..."cleanliness is next to godliness."

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 10:00 am

I stunk as a kid. But I am better behaved now. I change my underwear and shirt every other day, sox every 3 days.

One thing I have realised is, I don't sweet as much others except under the arms. I noticed this when I go boxing and putting in the shared gloves is an unpleasant experience. If their hands sweet as much as their hands, now wonder why it is recommended that they change them every day.

Keoren
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2007, 10:20 am

I hate being dirty and touching dirt, but don't mind my room being in a full total complete mess.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 10:36 am

I am exceptionally clean. I absolutely cannot go without a shower at night before bed. I will occasionally shower in the morning as well. Nothing like being scalded to start the day off right.

About a year ago, I went through a phase where I would come home on my lunch break and shower then, too. I have no idea what was up with that.

I am also fastidious about my surroundings, I can't stand disorder. My office at work is very orderly - except for several piles of filing that I've been foisting on the clerk out of desperation lately. That's not to say I won't have to un-file them later and file them appropriately Image

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 11:56 am

My issues with cleanliness can be explained by what I've heard others on here describe as "inertia".

When it comes to the house cleaning, I've learned to tend to stay in motion, because I live with two men and a baby. So. Not much help on the cleaning there. I care a lot about the way my house looks and I don't want anyone thinking I'm a slob. Though small things overwhelm me sometimes to the point that I can clean nothing else. Like the flour that my kid poured all over the kitchen table that's been there for 3 days.

As for hygiene, bleh. Yes I skip showers. Yes I slack on brushing my teeth. :oops:

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 11:48 am

I am extremely lax with cleanliness...I shower twice a week, brush my teeth daily and wash my hands only after taking out the trash/defecation. I often have to be reminded to wear deoderant. I only clean the microwave/stovetop and such when it is getting to the possibility of it being a hazard (I cook fairly often.)

I just care little about cleanliness and somehow I don't get sick from it.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 11:55 am

I shower every 2 days, sometimes 3 if I was meant to shower that night, but felt unmotivated, so I did it the next day instead.
I brush my teeth every day, I admit I don't brush them twice usually, only once, but I do brush them at least once a day.

I sometimes have a few bouts of obsessions, where if I thought I've caught something, I go through such a cleaning ritual, and do shower every single day. Last time this happened was about 4 months ago and I thought I got threadworm (I didn't, but I bought the tablets and cleared the family anyway just incase) and I spent £80 on new bed sheets and cleaning products and everything.
I showered twice a day on some occasions, and used a brand new flannel every single time, then I bagged it up in those nappy bags (diaper bags to our American's and Canadian's) and then binned it.

I sometimes wear the same shirt for a couple of days (in the house, or out the house) because I've basically only worn it sat in my room and going out to an appointment and back again, but if I get wet, sweaty, dirty etc. I will put it straight for the wash.
Often when I get home I take my trousers straight off and wear boxers and hoody, or change to a light/loose fitting long sleeve buttoned shirt. It feels cooler and nicer.

My bedroom isn't always tidy, but it isn't like I used to be, where there was piles of stuff everywhere, all over my bed and floor and I was just sleeping on top of it all.

I suppose I'm not bad compared to some people I've seen comment on here saying they never wash and they've got skin fungus' growing from them and don't see the point in doing anything about it ¬¬

I don't really bother shaving my legs very often to be honest. I have very fair hair, and I usually wear trousers anyway. If I plan on wearing shorts, I will go and shave my legs.
Obviously I shave my pits and keep my lady area tidy.

Last edited by MightyMorphin on 22 Jul 2012, 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kenjitsuka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2012, 11:58 am

I shower twice a week (mostly to wash my hair and shave), sometimes once a week.
Vacuuming the house; once a week at most, sometimes once in three weeks. I just pick up bunches of hair when I see them.
The cat makes everything filthy within an hour after cleaning, so why bother?

I wear the same clothing forever, hardly ever wash them and least of all is my bed...
I'll wash the covers once every three months or so.
Hate the feeling of them after being washed, plus I'll have to do without them for a night as it's drying.

The Broad Autism Phenotype Test: You scored 132 aloof, 126 rigid and 132 pragmatic. IQ: 139. AQ: 45/50