Page 38 of 56 [ 886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 56  Next

Echo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2009, 1:41 am

Oh, man, 41 pages of sensations. I want to read them all, but I don't have time now. :( I'll be stuck in an airport next week and need comforting - maybe then. ^^

I love hugs, big solid hugs. I love being restrained, whether it's a seatbelt or something else entirely - it's reassuring. It gives me a sense of place. Conversely, light touches tickle (extremely) and make me want to crawl out of my skin.

I love being suspended in water. I'm not (too) clumsy there.

I love spicy food that sparks and dances on my skin and in my mouth, it's nearly electric.

I will cuddle with soft fluffy things for hours. My favorite blanket is a silly faux fur thing I call "the bear."

Music is my one true love - the closest I've ever come to religion was in concert halls. I really think music is my drug of choice.

badtank
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jun 2009, 9:55 pm

Long baths with a perfect temperature, when there is nobody at home and all i hear is water :D

I don't like being restrained though, feels unsafe/uncomfortable.

Hugs, big hugs with people you really know :D

flaminjo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jun 2009, 12:23 am

Yes Yes how can i forget to add this one?yes big hugs i love them from my family and friends.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jun 2009, 8:52 am

I like Goldddd!! !! !
jk
I like soft velvety sensations lightly against my bare skin. Poly causes my skin to sweat and tight cotton that isnt worn regularly tends to make me itch.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 7:16 pm

Chocolate taste

Ice cream

Warm sun/water/blanket/heat/whatever in winter time

Sounds and sight and smell of a small airplane

The whoosh sound made by a nice road bicycle on a good road surface at high speed

Technology that works as expected

Sounds and smell of wilderness

Cuddly cats

Swimming

Music I like (and can control the volume ;) )

Willy's Jeeps

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jun 2009, 7:17 pm

the feeling of setting things in order
the feeling of clarity
the sensation of a higher level of ........
the sensation of music touching the heart and mind and bringing together the two
the sensation of living w/out conviction
the sensation of living and being forgiven

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 2:07 pm

Intense localised radiant heat. (such as hot water bottle or bar heater- not uncomfortable stifling hot air from central heating)
Being tired and drifting comfortably back to sleep

SlayerOwnz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2009, 9:48 pm

Definatly hugs and kisses :D It makes me feel, weird, but I like the feeling. But the thing is, it's rare... :(

As well as that, anything that has a rough texture.

Last of all, LOUD MUSIC. Especially putting Slayer and Cannibal Corpse on full blast, I feel the pwoer of headbanging and going psycho!

SteveeVader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2009, 8:22 pm

I am really suprised with the lots of hugs, hehe its quite weird I really hate being touched at al

unusually being Visually impaired most of mine are visual stimulia, I love watching moving lights, like the m mini disco balls and I really love lava lamps.

In terms of outdoors I really love water and if nthat rollercoasters my friend becky dragged me on I was kicking and screaming and crying was 17 at alton towers and in front of loads of people I feel no shame that was a deep phobia but after that I love them, I love the air rushing and adrenaline it makes me truly happy I imagine and see myself riding through the cosmos and hrtling ad swooshing round.

I really love water always have, I love going to the seaside whe I can and just listening to the water roar against the beach, I hate the sand when I'm wet though hehe, but I love the feel of the coast wind going through my hair and its not freezing but just right I truly feel at piece, I have sworn to myself that if I get published and succesful to live near the beach ad take my dogs there even writing about it now makes me remember Skegg Ness, and devonshire beaches

I love just right hot baths I am hyper sensiive and heat is agonising but if its just right I can lie there for at least an hour

finally I love and adore chocolate and ice cream one of my interests is fnding local and small ice cream shops and sampling their home made ice cream heaven

being hyper sensitive the only things I get a boost from and no pain is cold I like the cold for some reason I can gladly hike up the hills with only the t shirt and jeans on and of curse shoes, I love ice on my skin for some reason and ice cubes fascinate me just so amazing t see water solidify ice bergs BIG ONES make me happy bu not the mlting ones it makes me really sad.

finally the gentle hum of my new cmputer running at 4gb ram HEAVEN but its weird when it whurs loudly

gillkz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2009, 11:22 pm

*pupping those plastic bubble wraps.
*cracking my joints. [specially fingers and back]

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 10:08 am

Great sensations topic

I like the prickly sensation on the top of my head when I am in an alpha state, and this happens when endorphins kick in, for whatever reason. I wish I could control it better. It usually occurs when I am at my most AS, watching certain movements, like someone sketching, or watching someone getting their hair done, or someone writing on a chalkboard (not whiteboard, as the squeak of the markers is a hated sensation!) There has to be no talking and it is just a visual thing. 8)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

animal
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2009, 5:11 am

sartresue wrote:
Great sensations topic

I like the prickly sensation on the top of my head when I am in an alpha state, and this happens when endorphins kick in, for whatever reason. I wish I could control it better. It usually occurs when I am at my most AS, watching certain movements, like someone sketching, or watching someone getting their hair done, or someone writing on a chalkboard (not whiteboard, as the squeak of the markers is a hated sensation!) There has to be no talking and it is just a visual thing. 8)

What's an 'alpha state'? I get that sensation too. I know generally what things trigger it, so I can control it somewhat. Reading, looking at art, making art, writing. They trigger it. Also coffee.

I like different kinds of light, like the faint green that comes through my curtains at night, and the fuzziness on the TV screen.

I like being tucked up in bed, about to fall asleep. I am happy to be alive when I am about to sleep.

willmark
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 7:19 am

Used to be, when I needed to calm my frazzled nerves, I would close myself into our walk in closet so it would be dark and quiet, and take my shirt and pants off, and wrap myself inside a wool blanket. Unlike most folks, that scratchy feeling against my skin is calming instead of irritating. When I was in grade school, my Mother wondered if I had lost it because I enjoyed wearing my wool sweater without a shirt under it. It was very calming and energizing too. That was back in the 50's. You don't see many sweaters and blankets made of wool anymore, around here anyway.

Kuroshokora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2009, 1:31 pm

Silky shirts, but mainly because it's a relief to be out of the cotton type of shirts with fibres that I hate.

Having things to mess with, especially my rosaries. I have four rosaries; one Catholic, one Buddhist malla, one Muslim, and another Catholic (St. Jude chaplet). When I'm doing something extra worrying, I take one or two or even all of them. I like fiddling with the beads, counting them, and saying mantras or chants. For my Catholic ones I use the Hail Mary and the Lord's Prayer (I don't use the Apostle's Creed etc. because I find it easy to flow if I keep it uncomplicated; one Lord's Prayer, ten Hail Mary's....). For my Muslim one, I say 'Bismillahi R-Rahmani R-Rahim', the first part of the Sura Al-Fatiha (again, I only say one section to keep it fast paced so I can repeat it quickly), and for my Buddhist one, I use the mantra 'Om Mani Padme Hum.' My Buddhist one is the only one where I repeat it 108 times instead of 100.
I love the feeling of the beads clicking through my fingers and the noise they make when they fit together.

Cracking the joints in my fingers or neck. I don't like it as much when it happens in my ankles or knees.

Rollercoasters. It makes me feel excited without feeling scared and panicky at the same time, which is rare.

Petting my animals or just spending time with them. My chinchilla, Captain Jack, or my snake, Regulus, are very good at comforting me or bringing me up from a low. I love the feeling of my snake's smooth cold scales on my arm, and my chinchilla's fur is so soft and he's so small. It makes me feel fulfilled to look after them and they never get freaked out by me. Same goes for my family's cat, Cleo, who I spend a lot of my time picking up and carrying around.

Baths that are HOT. Cold baths or even lukewarm baths are awful. I need to feel uncomfortable when I get in, like it's too hot to stand, and then slowly adjust. So it needs to be steamy, and my eyes need to burn a little when I go underwater.

Holding books. Not even reading them, just holding them.

Collecting books. I have five shelves full of books, some of them stacked behind the front row of books, I have another shelf above my bed that's half full, a stack behind my bed, and a lot that are in other rooms or in the attic. I like getting books I'll never read, or getting several copies of the same book.

Finishing a project. Or starting a new exciting project. I'm writing a novel and it's all I can think about. It makes me happy.

My fleece blanket. It's soft enough to be comforting and not fibrous. It makes me feel safe.

Edit: I remembered a few more

Bare feet against cold ground. I love not wearing socks. But I don't like it when dirt sticks to my feet, so I usually have to go with socks.

Being in a small space (as long as I'm in control of it) like a cupboard or under my bed.

My circulation being cut off. Not severely, and not around my waist or something. Not so much it hurts, just so that I feel it, like having elastic bands around my wrists.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 2:50 pm

animal wrote:
sartresue wrote:
Great sensations topic

What's an 'alpha state'? I get that sensation too. I know generally what things trigger it, so I can control it somewhat. Reading, looking at art, making art, writing. They trigger it. Also coffee.

I like different kinds of light, like the faint green that comes through my curtains at night, and the fuzziness on the TV screen.

I like being tucked up in bed, about to fall asleep. I am happy to be alive when I am about to sleep.

The alpha state of mind topic

The alpha state is a state of hyper-focus but very relaxed. People doing Zen and yoga talk about it, but for them it is triggered by some yoga thing or humming. For me is a visual observation thing. when I was a kid I would stare at the teacher printing on the chalkboard and the room would be quiet and peaceful. I would sit there and stare at the teacher as she used the chalk, and I would enter the alpha state. Soon she would realize I was not busy and snap me out of it by pointing out I was lazy and had better get busy with 'seatwork'.

I am still trying to find other ways to enter it. I wish coffee would do it for me. :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

willmark
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 3:09 pm

Is alpha state another term for hyper focus? I have no control at all of when and whether I go into hyper focus. It happens by itself.