Vote an Aspie into Big Brother 2008... Please!

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2007, 10:18 pm

Hey guys! For those of you who don't know me yet, I'm Carl. And I've applied for Big Brother 2008 (Australia).

I have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome and I'd love a chance to show people that I can be just as entertaining, loveable and functional - on national television - as any of the NT clones that they cast year after year.

It seems like every year, the same people get put into the Big Brother house. The airhead bimbos, the pretty boy himbos, the nasty manipulators and the people from the sticks with a heart of gold...

Sure they cast the token minority guy or girl, just to keep the critics quiet. I think the quota is something like two minorities per season.
:P

Well, lets have a person with Aspergers in that slot this year! Someone like, oh, I dunno... ME!

To nominate requires a registration to the Channel TEN site, but it's free and they have a strict no spam, no passing on of information policy. If you're still concerned, you could make a new email on yahoo or hotmail, if you think it's worth it.

It's not against the rules to canvas votes from where ever you can get them... Some of the others will have big companies, schools and even whole home towns voting for them.

For me, you guys are my best shot!

I recommend you read my previous posts to find out if I'm the sort of person you'd feel comfortable helping out. I think I'm helpful, honest and proud to have Asperger Syndrome.

If I do get into the BB House, I'll promote neurodiversity. I'll make a point that AS and NT are complimentary ways to think about the world and that Autism should not be seen as a form of brain death - as it is often portrayed in the media.

I want to campaign for "Aspie Rights" :D and hopefully get people to accept Aspies and Auties as equals, perhaps even people to be admired.

You can view my (very cheesy and unprofessional) application video HERE! - It doesn't require registration to view, only to nominate.

It may seem a bit goofy, but check out the other videos people have put in, I think I did pretty good by comparison. :lol:

If you can see your way to sign up for the voting, please press the nominate button next to my video. If you also feel like giving it a five star rating, that'd be great too.

Remember what I'm up against... Veruca Salt would win this thing if she was taking part! It's not fair, but that's how we're playing the game this time.

By the way, I've found out that I'm not the only person who applied who has Asperger's! I found this interesting lady too... HERE. So we should get behind her too.

If you're willing to do this enormous favour for me, here's the link again...
http://www.bigbrother.com.au/voting.htm ... rId=936639

And thankyou!

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 10:31 pm

I just watched your video and I thought it was well done. I'd totally vote for you if I was in Australia. :)

Desolation_boi
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2007, 11:48 pm

I'd love to vote for you, but I don't live in australia!! Unless I could acquire a fake address...(which I'm sure is all sorts of illegal)

psychedelic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2007, 12:01 am

Your video is not bad at all. Unfortunately, I'm American.

(Although, if we get a president as smart as Bush, I might consider moving to Australia. You guys just kicked out Howard so must have come to your senses.)

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2007, 12:09 am

I don't think it matters if you're from overseas.

Does it specifically ask for an Australian residency? If it does, I'm probably screwed! :cry:

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 1:05 am

Unknown_Quantity wrote:
Does it specifically ask for an Australian residency? If it does, I'm probably screwed! :cry:

It does...I tried to register, but it asked for an Australian address. :(

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2007, 1:24 am

Belle77 wrote:
Unknown_Quantity wrote:

It does...I tried to register, but it asked for an Australian address. :(

Oh damn! Thankyou Belle, I appreciate that anyway.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 1:25 am

I'm American, but I am aspie. If I lived in Australia? I dunno if I'd vote for you, I'd have to know more about what's going on in Australia and what your views were, and your personal character. I never vote on novelty though, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, nuero-diversity, these things have nothing to do with one's ability to make informed decisions reguarding the welfare and prosperity of a nation. I cringe at the thought here that tons of idiots will vote Hillary Clinton and Barrak just on the grounds that theyr a woman and a black man without giving it more thought.... Not that I wouldn't vote for a woman or a black man though, if they were the better and more honest candidate..... Basically I don't care what sociological category they fall into, I care about their individual moral character and their ideas.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 1:27 am

Unknown_Quantity wrote:
Oh damn! Thankyou Belle, I appreciate that anyway.

You're welcome...if you find any way around it, let us know. :)

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2007, 1:33 am

snake321 wrote:
I'm American, but I am aspie. If I lived in Australia? I dunno if I'd vote for you, I'd have to know more about what's going on in Australia and what your views were, and your personal character. I never vote on novelty though, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, nuero-diversity, these things have nothing to do with one's ability to make informed decisions reguarding the welfare and prosperity of a nation. I cringe at the thought here that tons of idiots will vote Hillary Clinton and Barrak just on the grounds that theyr a woman and a black man without giving it more thought.... Not that I wouldn't vote for a woman or a black man though, if they were the better and more honest candidate..... Basically I don't care what sociological category they fall into, I care about their individual moral character and their ideas.

And that's a very good attitude to have.

I believe that you should always make the most informed decision possible, or don't make the choice.

Of course, this is just Big Brother, not a political race, but I stll hope that people vote for me because of who I am.

I do however believe that neurodiversity is a very important issue and I will be making that a part of why I want to be on the show, but most of that is going to be taken up with how I present myself, not through taking in a soapbox and preaching to the housemates or the audience (I wouldn't last very long if I did).

Even though you are an American, snake321, feel free to check through my posts on WP and see what sort of person I come across as. I'd hope that I'm the sort of person you wouldn't mind lending a hand if you could.
:D

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2007, 1:43 am

Well, you don't have to be registered to view the video, only to vote, so please check it out, just for giggles.

And hey, if anyone has any Aussie friends... :wink:

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 2:12 am

Unknown_Quantity wrote:
It seems like every year, the same people get put into the Big Brother house. The airhead bimbos, the pretty boy himbos, the nasty manipulators and the people from the sticks with a heart of gold...

Sure they cast the token minority guy or girl, just to keep the critics quiet. I think the quota is something like two minorities per season.
:P

Which is why I tend to not watch big brother... or any of those reality game shows that populate much of network tv these days (although populatiry in these are dwindling as of late...)

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

08 Dec 2007, 3:37 am

Excellent video!

My sons (2 of 3 of them have Asperger's) thought it was hilarious!

We'll register and vote for you!

Helen

P.S. We live in Brisbane.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

08 Dec 2007, 4:53 am

I can't vote because I am in NZ...But gosh I wish I could!

The video is...umm...VERY humerous :lol: :lol:
especially at the beggining when you are holding up the "ass-burgers, free from restaurant" or something like that sign :lol:

I wish you luck and hope you get onto the show!

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2007, 5:02 am

i can't vote since i'm in the US, but i did like the signs in your video and the "seriously" at the end especially. :)

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 5:43 am

Carl, I've registered at the Channel Ten site and added my nomination. I kinda went off Big Brother after the first year or two. I mean, their idea of diversity is to include someone with brown hair along with all the blondes! If you get in the house, that'll be reason enough to watch the show again.

Your video was entertaining, especially the parody of the Ten Network's promos at the end. :)