A little about myself, try to match up if you can

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

vessel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2007, 10:07 pm

I have always been overly creative, love the arts. Film, literature, poetry and drawing/painting. I've always had girlfriends, friends that are girls, basically just girls surrounding me my whole life. I had trouble adjusting to the male dynamic, actually still to this day I do. I cry very easily when I see or hear something beautiful, and quest for more of that kind of emotional attachment.

How much is this like you? I've met some fellow Aspies, and they seem less emotional than myself. I think I may have had some kind of evolutionary disadvantage than most of you guys.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 11:38 pm

In general, there are two major types of autistics. Those who relate to the world emotionally, and those who relate to it logically. You would be one of the emotional types, like me.
As for girlfriends, I don't know... If you happen to be good socially or you just woo them with great art or something. I couldn't know, I don't know you.
As for the "evolutionary" comment, I really don't understand what you're saying.

vessel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2007, 11:51 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
In general, there are two major types of autistics. Those who relate to the world emotionally, and those who relate to it logically. You would be one of the emotional types, like me.
As for girlfriends, I don't know... If you happen to be good socially or you just woo them with great art or something. I couldn't know, I don't know you.
As for the "evolutionary" comment, I really don't understand what you're saying.

I meant that I may have evolved to be too emotional.

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 11:54 pm

what is it about you that attracts women?

vessel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2007, 11:58 pm

Mw99 wrote:
what is it about you that attracts women?

I don't know, but I've always had an easy time with women. It's finding male friends I have trouble with.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:45 am

"TheMidnightJudge" I think we can be logically and over emotional I am, and like you "Vessel" (except I'm female) I have always been overly creative, love the arts, film, literature, poetry and drawing/painting and I've always had boyfirends, very few girlfriends and was a real tomboy when younger, but still very feminine not girlie though.

The over emotional part is a AS trait and often in children they cry to easily. But could be something in what your saying, I also feel asperger people can have more of a second sense, and really feel the emotion, thats why its more intense.

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2007, 6:51 am

That sounds like me. I relate to everything emotionally, and I've always been a creative person. I can't relate to a lot of what I see on here about seeing everything logically and not feeling things as much as NTs; if anything, I feel things more than the people around me.

I don't see it as a disadvantage though.

As for friends, I have an equal number of male and female friends. The men I end up being friends with tend to be the sensitive emotional type, though.

I also cry too easily, but that's only partially because I'm strongly emotional. I cry to release stress, so even if something doesn't matter that much to me, I might end up in tears over it.

vessel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2007, 6:54 am

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 1:46 pm

I am the same way....relate to the world emotionally..um...very creative/right brained and into the arts/music

...have almost always had a boyfriend...first one when I was 15 that lasted 6 years...and then nary a few months pass between relationships before acquiring a new one...

I have serious difficulty relating to other women....and they have difficulty relating to me.

I am not a diagnosed Aspie..I just have alot of sensory, social and motor issues that have affected me since childhood that seem to place me someplace on the spectrum