Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 1:10 am

Yeah...generally there will be a reason...I just won't really be in touch with what the reason is...I used to have crying jags that would last for days....Have not had one in a while though...was more common when I was young...

I sometimes cry when I paint.

The worst thing is having uncontrollable crying jag while at work.

Sometimes I would get set off by somebody simply asking me how I was doing...

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 1:12 am

I really, really hate those crying jags. They were nasty until I got more of a handle on what caused them for me.

Ozzy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Dec 2007, 1:40 am

gbollard wrote:
I doubt that it's truly "random" I'd suspect that you have something upsetting your or unresolved in your past ... even if you're not fully aware of it.

The long term aspie memory tends to help you remember bad things that most NTs can easily forget. Worse than that, the memories are so strong that they can bring bad feelings and depression.

Well said. Haunting...I'm not sure that I could ever let those memories go. I am still reminded of those kind of memories from when I was 6 or 7.

That seemingly random sadness I get every once in a while. It usually ends up having more depth, once I think about why it is happening. It's always rooted to something stressful in the end, for me at least.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 2:15 am

Oh, I didn't eat dinner today. I am now weighing whether it's best just to sleep, and possibly cry a lot tomorrow and not remember why, or just eat dinner now but deal with reflux all night and wake up with a cough.

Electra
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Dec 2007, 5:37 pm

I have really bad PMT every month and it is around that time when I become really depressed, aggressive and yes, cry randomly.

vessel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Dec 2007, 7:06 pm

I do cry quite easily, from seeing seemingly random photos and images or hearing certain sounds.

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Dec 2007, 11:27 pm

It's not random, but I'll sometimes start crying about things that haven't even happened yet--hypothetical scenarios. Sometimes I'll cry myself to sleep because I'm happy, other times I'll cry myself to sleep because I'm upset or I remembered something that happened in the past that I never got the chance to make up for.

Occasionally I will cry at school out of jealousy of my friends (not in front of them), which is pretty awful... Yeah, weird things happen when I don't get enough sleep.

vessel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Dec 2007, 12:27 am

I feel like crying after I've raged for a long enough time.