Do you prefer socializing with Socially diverse Groups?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Ipunes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Dec 2007, 5:26 am

If your in a group with people of various fashions and cults do you feel more accepted, than in a group of unanimous mainstream types.

Do People accept you more as being the social outcast/ socially inhibited type and respect you for the qualities and quirks of your personallity, rather than the quality to which you can socialize and conform to mainstream culture.

maybe its because a socially diverse group is more quirky by nature and is forced into accepting people more in order to function.

Since there is NO single Mainstream Social Type of Person, the group has to RELISH and ACCEPT everyone.

Irisrises
Toucan
Toucan

21 Dec 2007, 9:23 am

I would agree very strongly. I was lucky enough to go to international schools for a few years as a teenager and it was a huge relief to me that there was no jargon, no dress code - it simply wasn't possible. Everyone came from such different places, and many people were only there for a year or two, so they had no choice but to accept and adapt to each other. I was still nearly mute, mind you, but I felt better knowing that there was no consensus around that I wasn't part of.