Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 7:21 pm

CHRISTMAS CAROLS FOR THE DISTURBED

* 1. Schizophrenia --- Do You Hear What I Hear?

* 2. Multiple Personality Disorder --- We Three Kings Disoriented Are

* 3. Dementia --- I Think I'll be Home for Christmas

* 4. Narcissistic --- Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

* 5. Manic --- Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and.....

* 6. Paranoid --- Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me

* 7. Borderline Personality Disorder --- Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

* 8. Personality Disorder --- You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

* 9. Attention Deficit Disorder --- Silent night, Holy oooh look at the Froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

* 10. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder -- - Jingle Bells,! Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle,Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells , Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

23 Dec 2007, 8:57 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vXK0Hjfkrgw[/youtube]It suddenly occurs to me that I have exactly zero Aspieish friends who do not tend to become seriously depressed or otherwise freak out around the holidays. :?

Nonetheless, Merry Christmas. Or, for Aspies, perhaps Celeritous Christmas? May your holidays pass so quickly and without incident that you don't even notice them.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is still a freestyle pagan...

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 10:55 pm

Happy Saturnalia, Icarus! :lol:

The "Aussie Christmas" albums by Colin Buchanan and Greg Champion are great fun.

Christmas in Australia on a scorching summer's day
HEY!
Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden ute!

And also:

You'd better take care, cross at the lights
If Santa sees you coming you can say good night
Santa Claus has got a new truck.
He's hotted it up, painted it red
And he's cruising round town like a petrol head
Santa Claus has got a new truck!

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Dec 2007, 11:07 pm

Ha! Excellent list. I like all of 'em.

One might include "Away in a Manger, Alone" for Aspies.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

23 Dec 2007, 11:40 pm

SleepyDragon wrote:
Happy Saturnalia, Icarus! :lol:

:o Why, someone who remembers Saturnalia? Thank you! I learned the more traditional greeting Io Saturnalia back in Latin class in high school (Which I've always mis-pronounced as I-oh, as in one of Jupiter’s moons; but I later learned it is supposed to be pronounce “Yo”, which sounds a bit silly to me in comparison). I remember we were to make Latin holiday greeting cards and the choices were Latin for "Merry Christmas" (which I don't recall, but it was similar to the Spanish Feliz Navidad), and an alternate greeting, "Io Saturnalia"; I was the only person in the class to make an Io Saturnalia card. [NOT because I am or was or have ever been "anti-Christmas"; just to be different.]

Saturnalia is a great holiday; I tend to view it as a mish-mash of Halloween (for the trickery aspect) and Christmas (for the festival aspect). All the rules went out the window. The Romans had some pretty kickass holidays. :wink:

These days I'm much more of a Winter Solstice type of guy, along with the other seven corresponding seasonal holidays.

Good fortune,

- Icarus once stole a jeweled cup from a sleepy dragon...

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 12:52 am

A sign that I am growing up..I do not feel depressed this holiday season..I just feel detached...

I wrote a christmas carol...unseasonable warm Christmas...tonight Flakey and I are recording last years carol...the day after Christmas...