Accepting Autism is Like a Traffic Jam

Page 1 of 22 [ 337 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next

foresam
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2007, 8:56 am

Just as there has to be one lone idiot who is the first car to stop on the highway to cause a 20 mile backup, I'd like to know who the first idiot was who suggested that autism is something to celebrate and accept. You people who don't want a cure are all following that stupid driver instead of revoking his license.

It seems this nonsense began in 1999, the same year we discovered that mercury had caused the autism epidemic. I think some extremely intelligent, but evil people, came up with this insanity to sway the thinking of lots of young folks who are naive and easily led.

As an outsider looking at this, I'm telling you you have all fallen for an elaborate con job. The last thing the drug companies who poisoned you want is an angry bunch of young people standing up to them and demanding that they repair the damage they did to your brains. All of this acceptance BS can only have started from some con artists who are very skilled in propaganda.

The drug companies knew you were coming of age and they have corrupted your values. In America, we have a long history of not taking crap from anyone. As an American, it is your heritage to tell the politicians and the drug companies that it was not OK for them to poison you with mercury and screw up your lives. Instead of accepting your diminished capacities, you should be banding together to tell George Bush to go F*** himself, demand payment for your brain injuries and demand that Bush spend whatever it takes to giver you back the normal lives you were born with. Stop falling for this nonsense about "different wiring" and stand up for your rights!

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 9:00 am

What has George Bush got to do with Aspergers?

Weird post.

Actually the one thing I like about George Bush is his unusual mind which seems to mix up and juxtapose words and phrases, creating great amusement. A shame he didnt follow the lifepath of an ordinary person, he has helped do much damage to people's lives. :( .

Taking a break.

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2007, 9:09 am

foresam wrote:
Just as there has to be one lone idiot who is the first car to stop on the highway to cause a 20 mile backup, I'd like to know who the first idiot was who suggested that autism is something to celebrate and accept. You people who don't want a cure are all following that stupid driver instead of revoking his license.

It seems this nonsense began in 1999, the same year we discovered that mercury had caused the autism epidemic. I think some extremely intelligent, but evil people, came up with this insanity to sway the thinking of lots of young folks who are naive and easily led.

As an outsider looking at this, I'm telling you you have all fallen for an elaborate con job. The last thing the drug companies who poisoned you want is an angry bunch of young people standing up to them and demanding that they repair the damage they did to your brains. All of this acceptance BS can only have started from some con artists who are very skilled in propaganda.

The drug companies knew you were coming of age and they have corrupted your values. In America, we have a long history of not taking crap from anyone. As an American, it is your heritage to tell the politicians and the drug companies that it was not OK for them to poison you with mercury and screw up your lives. Instead of accepting your diminished capacities, you should be banding together to tell George Bush to go F*** himself, demand payment for your brain injuries and demand that Bush spend whatever it takes to giver you back the normal lives you were born with. Stop falling for this nonsense about "different wiring" and stand up for your rights!

Teehee :lol: Thanks for the lulz. *pats Foresam on head*

I'm not American so there's no hope for me.

Oh noes! :roll:

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Dec 2007, 9:09 am

hmmmm....OK

I accept myself for who I am, autism or not.
Whether W was prez or not, I'd still have it.
Being angry about it is not going to make it go away.

And personally I don't believe the poision angle, but to each his/her own.

"Celebrating'' autisum is about celebrating diversity. If a cure is found, great. If not, then it should be accepted.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 9:11 am

The "mercury causes autism" crap has been disproved, it's evolved into just some more BS scaremongering by anti-vaccine wackos and Alternative "Medicine" cranks.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 9:13 am

Odin wrote:
The "mercury causes autism" crap has been disproved, it's evolved into just some more BS scaremongering by anti-vaccine wackos.
Yes, I have to agree with that assessment. There is no scientific proof that vaccinations cause autism. The only connection I can see is where a child has a very bad reaction, some brain damage could be caused that would make them less able to cope with the autism they were already born with.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 9:21 am

I WAS going to point out your mistakes, that say we shouldn't listen to you, but there are at least 6 in the first 2 paragraphs, so I decided it was just too much trouble to correct you. Are you a troll, or just an normal IDIOT!?!? BTW I would have toned THAT down, but your next 2 paragraphs would have been insulting if I had ANY respect for you.

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Dec 2007, 9:21 am

A agree with ^
an NT troll at that.
Should we let this drop down?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 9:24 am

I had autism before I was immunized; it was spotted in my first year of life. I was stabbed a long time after that.

I wouldn't mind a cure, but that's a personal choice (I suppose people will speak out against those who won't have a choice if there was one, but I don't care for others and their plight, just mine).

Something to calm my sensitive sensory system would be nice.

foresam
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2007, 9:26 am

You are all making the mistake of believing propaganda. George Bush has everything to do with this. He refuses to meet with people who want to help autistic children. He knows that thimerosal caused the autism epidemic and he allows it to go merrily on its' way, poisoning more babies all over the world.

You don't believe the poison angle because that's what the drug company sponsored media wants you to believe.

Every study that claims to have disproved the mercury connection has been sponsored by the drug companies. That should tell you something. The fact that the CDC ordered the IOM to find no connection between autism and mercury a few years ago when the evidence clearly showed the connection should tell you something.

You people with Asperger's would be the drug companies worst nightmare if you decided to demand that they pay for your suffering. All the bullying I hear about that many of you endured would not have happened if you had not been poisoned by thimerosal. The drug companies who caused that mental anguish for you should pay you big bucks for what you have endured. Blaming society for bullying is another nice propaganda ploy. The blame belongs with the mercury that caused you to be different. All this BS about society needing to change is just propaganda to deflect attention away from the cause of the problem...mercury. Aren't any of you geniuses with the alleged high IQ's smart enough to see this?

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 9:32 am

Danielismyname wrote:
I had autism before I was immunized; it was spotted in my first year of life. I was stabbed a long time after that.

I wouldn't mind a cure, but that's a personal choice (I suppose people will speak out against those who won't have a choice if there was one, but I don't care for others and their plight, just mine).

Something to calm my sensitive sensory system would be nice.

There is a difference between treating Autism (therapies, training, etc)
and a cure, which seems to suggest NT-ising us, or finding and deleting AS genes from the population...

I am pro-treatment (therapies, training, etc), but I would not choose to never have been born at all...
And a lot of the propaganda out there is that our minds are defective, I would rather many of the autism organisations had an initial agenda of embracing our differences whilst helping us find our place in society.

Taking a break.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 9:47 am

Cure, treatment; whatever removes certain things without affecting my conscious/personality, I'm all for it. I can take sedatives now to calm myself, but the amount needed to remove the god-awful pain I feel in the presence of people is kinda counterproductive due to the fact that I'm unable to function either way.

The eugenics debate and whatnot doesn't interest me at all; I really don't care if people with autism are born in the future or not.

To each their own and all that.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Dec 2007, 10:02 am

:( Foresam, I disagree with your claim that the autism epidemic is/was caused by mercury in vaccinations in so far as i believe that there are many causes of AS disorders.
And also that for each case of ASD there may have been several elements involved, from pre-existing genetically determined sensitivities ( which CAN, as anti-cure proponents point out, be beautiful and creative differences, if they not toppled by environmental stresses into pure disability and incapacity to do much at all,) through intro-uterine factors,( hormonal, viral, mercury in mothers teeth etc etc ) to environmental ones after birth ( increasingly widespread chemicals in water, food, and air, vaccinations, food opioids in dairy and wheat etc effects on brains in those sensitive to the peptides, crucial mineral and vitamin deficiencies because of over processed/refined diets, etc etc) A cumulative effect of many modern environmental influences creating the increasingly visible numbers of autistic spectrum disorders.

:cry: I do agree with you that there may well be a case to answer by the polluters of our environment for the damage done to many thousands of peoples metabolisms and brain development. And the tens of thousands yet to come!
:? 8) That will be interesting to see.

:? :? On the other hand autistic disorders increasing visibility may simply be a result of changes in society which are not favourable to people with AS particularities/needs/gifts. The world is literally noisier, faster, smellier, and so mechanised that the meticulous clerical/copying and craftsmanlike skills of AS are redundant now. The number of disadvantaged is just hitting a critical level.

8)

Last edited by ouinon on 13 Dec 2007, 11:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:19 am

ouinon wrote:
On the other hand autistic disorders increasing visibility may simply be a result of changes in society which are not favourable to people with AS particularities/needs/gifts. The world is literally noisier, faster, smellier, and so mechanised that the meticulous clerical/copying and craftsmanlike skills of AS are redundant now. The number of disadvantaged is just hitting a critical level.

true but it must be remembered that not all spectrum people have meticulous clerical/copying/craftsmanlike skills.
I think this is a problem, people think because I am socially not so able I must be good at clerical tasks, and hire me for clerical jobs- when in reality I am very impractical.

For example, you should see my dad dialing the phone, or using a tv remote... :)

Taking a break.

psychedelic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2007, 10:35 am

HEY foresam!! !! !

Bush was also behind 9/11!!

NASA faked the moon landing

The CIA and KGB teamed up to kill John F. Kennedy.

(.....what other nonsense can I come up with......I think I'm running out.....)

The right to free speech does not imply the right to be taken seriously. That depends on what is said—Hubert Humphrey

Last edited by psychedelic on 13 Dec 2007, 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:36 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Are you a troll, or just an normal IDIOT!?!?

I thought Alex said there was to be no disrespectful insults made on the people who are members of this website and are entitled to their own opinions.