Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2007, 7:58 am

Perhaps we are aliens, pre- programmed to be activated for a specific purpose.

We certainly have chameleon abiltys.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 8:04 am

No.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 8:11 am

Absolutely.

But you know, there are billions and billions of galaxies, there is NO way we're all from just one planet - but we're all reps from different places.

Like where I come from everyone is into trees, mountains, weed, solitude, kabbalah and kinetics.

We're all very good at deflecting barbs and hate sent at us, but not very adept at accepting love. Maybe that's why we were brought here.

excluded_middle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Dec 2007, 8:29 am

Aliens - yes in many ways
Space Aliens - No

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 8:38 am

:D You'd like Professor Hex

http://professorhex.blogspot.com/2007_0 ... chive.html

whoops. I thought professorhex was a link to a link I've now lost.

But here is an interview http://www.paolaharris.com/timgood.htm
indicating that aliens are among us, we are keeping them in deep sea domes, and that we are a hybrid race.
*this doesn' indicate my stance.

Though I don't discount hybrid theory at all.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 9:42 am

What? No. This is completely silly.

Having a minor neurological difference then the rest of the population hardly qualifies you as an alien.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 9:48 am

Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Steve Jobs

Phagocyte wrote:
What? No. This is completely silly.

Having a minor neurological difference then the rest of the population hardly qualifies you as an alien.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 10:02 am

I wish it were that simple. :roll:

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 10:10 am

DejaQ wrote:
I wish it were that simple. :roll:

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.

Henry David Thoreau

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2007, 11:23 am

Seabright that link was freaky i am always thinking about underwater civilzations, i have in the past posted on WP, whether the pressure of water in the depths of the sea could be turned into an energy source.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 11:41 am

stripey,

There was an EVEN better reading out there breaking down how many civilizations are where in our galaxy or solar system or universe or whatever that is called (outside the basic 7 or 9 or 11 planets and moons that we claim. (I think it was 8 worlds) by an now elderly man who is contacted (or claims, you know, pc) by those that are here to blend in with us. I don't recal the name. That was the article I was looking for.

You just said something interesting. How would one derive power from the pressures of the sea? I thought maybe you meant something other than harrnessing the deep currents. Can you try to describe your idea if you can get to it. That would be pretty neat to read the concept.

I know Stargate SG1, ect touches on abstract concepts involved with humanoid otherworlds-as being just like our own culture schemes of docile/aggressive.
I remember watching "V" in the 80's and though finding it rediculous, did consider the what if's of being used as a food supply. More likely however would be our own food supply borrowed from.

All very interesting fantasy's/truths in which category they fall in we will never know so why.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 11:55 am

Can you imagine? On the menu tonight, "Antaphil from our gracious neighbors on planet X"

Neat that we made it to the atmosphere and a little beyond.

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2007, 11:59 am

My thoughts about using the water pressure of the sea, do not use water currents at all.

The idea came about because everytime i watched a TV programme about submarines they would talk about the intense pressure the submarine was under.

I have no engineering or technical ability just the idea that this pressure could be harnessed in some way.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 12:20 pm

jjstar wrote:
Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Steve Jobs

"Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out."

-Richard Feynman

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2007, 12:30 pm

Seabright,

I found my thread titled Underwaterworld,

For some reason i had the notion that giant reverse osmosis membrane sheets could be used to provide drinking water and oxygen.

I am not a scientist and do not know whether this could or how it would work.

But why do i keep having these thoughts.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 12:31 pm

I am curious to where you are taking this idea.