Yes 74%  74%  [ 26 ]
No 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 35

Sifr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2008, 2:50 am

I don't know.

I have to constantly check if my car's e-brake is on, even when I leave it in gear and know it won't roll I have to go back in my car and pull the lever just in case. I also go back to check if I locked it. I might be inside the grocery store and then come back out because I felt I didn't lock it.

I spend hours thinking about a certain topic. For example, if I'm in a relationship I will think of the things I said, what things I'm going to say, how to say those things, the actions I've done, how I might have hurt the person, how something a person said made me feel, how my thoughts can make the person feel...for like the whole day or more. I can't do work, school work, or anything else.

I become anxious around weapons or objects that can be used like such. I feel if I hold it a certain way someone will get injured, I'll injure myself either intentionally or unintentionally. When I put gas in my car, it has to end on an even number. I can't stand overlapping breaks on a page and I constantly reorganize the ways books and paper are set up. When I am reading I constantly re-read, and when writing an essay I never feel confident--constantly editing and re-editing (even informal papers).

I've been like this since elementary, I think.

OCD or just some OCD traits?

I don't think I'm TOO compulsive. I can control myself, I think.

I think the fact that I obsess over the idea of having OCD is OCD. :lol:

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 4:18 pm

twoshots wrote:
beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
People with OCD are like Monk on TV.

That's an extreme case of OCD, actually.

Most are not affected that much.

On a technical note, Monk's problems seem ego-syntonic, and therefore, OCPD, obsessive compulsive personality disorder, rather than just OCD. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

I'm into the second season of Monk now, and to me I'm picking up a lot of what I think are Asperger's traits mixed in with OCD traits, and possibly some other stuff.

I can relate to so much stuff on that (at least as of the second season).

HoxtonPaul
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2008, 7:17 am

YES...YES...YES...YES...YES...YES...YES...YES...YES...YES...YES...YES...

Sorry, got a bit carried away there.

My ability remember anything about Doctor Who and rock n roll? My Ocd appears when I am in tears at the end of every new episode. Its that intensity of experience and still feeling the same way about the show after 44 years. Simple as that. 8O

Repetitive jobs can be fun. :o

P.