Did you think you were above having defects or too good to h

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 7:52 pm

ave them?

I did.

I thought disrders were something other people got. I felt depresdsed before but always got over it. Actually, iI started wondering if I really was as invincible and immune to depression as I could get, and got depressed as a result! I had thought I was too good, too smart, to happy, too saved or something to get depression.

I had trouble accepting my AS diagnosis because I'm ME. I never believed I was autistic, but that my life experiences made me autistic and I could easily correct myself, but I chose to wait for a good reason... I wanted to keep a low profile in the places where I was because 'I'd had embarrassing moments in the past there. THAT's why I had my social problems. I always felt normal, or normal with a problem, and was treated as normal all my life. I'd seen people getting special treatment, and I sometimes thought "I'm glad I'm not one of them", but usually "I wonder how they can have such difficulties with stuff I find so easy." Sometimes I thought both. So it was a negative change to start being treated like I was, I don't know, not as talented at certain stuff. I found it bad. It wasn't just something like algebra, where lots of kids have trouble but it doesn't effect their dailky lives. I was being treated like I didn't know how to live, and I resented it. I didn't even need it.