Autism as an intentional eugenics experiment (HEAR ME OUT!)

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BertBlyleven
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jan 2008, 12:55 am

Hans Asperger, German Scientist who names affliction, "discovered" during WWII...what were the nazis super-interested in??? human genetics, race, and a subservient populace...So if one were to attempt to genetically engineer a race, that would be technologically advanced, but at the same time only concerned with their labor, and unable to see the "big picture", inattentive to what is outside themselves, would an asperger population be ideal?

What if the government has decided that they want everyone to be ADD? doesnt it seem like everyone has it anymore, and many are being prescribed medication for it (reaping profits)...well a theory that I have: is that naturally intelligent people already have hyperactive brains... (Ha i have no proof)...But if they were trying to make everyone have ADD so they could be controlled and lied to, the people with already hyperactive brains would become super hyperactive..thats why aspergers can be severely intelligent, but often show severe outward hyperactivity, if not outward, then inward...I have zero scientific evidence to back any of that up.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 1:17 am

That makes good sense.

mom2bax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2008, 1:19 am

very interesting theory

Scootah
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jan 2008, 1:20 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
That makes good sense.

It doesn't. It really doesn't. There's a reason why there's no scientific evidence to back any of his theories up.

VMSnith
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2008, 1:21 am

The history I read of H Asperger is related but paints a more benign picture. Asperger (who noticed Aspie traits in himself) protected a great number of kids from the Nazi's program to kill 'defective' people who weakened the race. Asperger wrote in 1944, as the smoke rose thick from Dachau, Treblinka, Auschwitz :

‘To our own amazement, we have seen that autistic individuals, as long as they are intellectually intact, can almost always achieve professional success, usually in highly specialized academic professions, often in very high positions, with a preference for abstract content. We found a large number of people whose mathematical ability determines their professions; mathematicians, technologists, industrial chemists and high-ranking civil servants.’

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... tid=539373

He seems to be taking great pains to indicate that these people are useful to a mechanized, militarized society and indeed - none of his patients were killed by the Nazi's. Ironically, his clinic was blown up by Allied bombing, killing his partner, and his 1944 paper lost in the wreckage of post-war europe, until 1991 or so when it was dug up in England.

No word yet on an allied invasion of Autism Speaks ...

OrderAndChaos30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2008, 1:24 am

It might make for a cool conspiracy themed science fiction story.

BertBlyleven
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jan 2008, 2:28 am

OrderAndChaos30 wrote:
It might make for a cool conspiracy themed science fiction story.

actually it sorta borrows from "Brave New World"..about human engineering..."Alcohol in his surrogate"..They intentionally add alcohol to the embryos to disable them..(mercury?)..In the book they are doing it to create a precise caste system..its a great read, "Doors of Perception/Heaven and Hell" also by Huxley is outstanding as well

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 2:37 am

The first part makes sense, as much as any crazy conspiracy makes sense.

The second part is as confusing as it is nonsensical.

JasonWilkes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2008, 2:42 am

I seeeriously doubt that it's true, but it sure would be neat if it was. As improbable as it is, it's certainly not a ridiculous idea. It's definitely more probable than many widely held beliefs of many people... :wink:

I'd like to be able to say that I'm a genetically engineered superbeing :lmao:

BertBlyleven
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jan 2008, 2:51 am

WurdBendur wrote:
The first part makes sense, as much as any crazy conspiracy makes sense.

OK. It is well known that the German's were conducting experiments and obsessed with eugenics...Its pretty much the basis of their belief system, a perfect race. So they were at least considering ways of altering people to the serving population to what they desired...and when you couple that with nazis taking power in '33, Asperger writes first study in '44. Are these new Hitler Youths?
It isnt a stretch at all to say they were at minimum, trying to do this...

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 2:57 am

God, does this explain why I've always had an obsession with shaving my hair off?

BertBlyleven
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jan 2008, 3:02 am

Danielismyname wrote:
God, does this explain why I've always had an obsession with shaving my hair off?

ha, but im not trying to say that we are nazis or relatives of them or anything...just offering a suggest of how it could have happened..

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 3:21 am

It's certainly not implausible...

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 4:47 am

Interesting theory, but it raises a few questions such as how they could be so advanced to do this. Or how come some of us have AS traits that run in the family since before WWII.

TLPG
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 4:57 am

In theory this is of interest, but us Aspies would have sided with the Jews because of our sense of justice.

Point of interest - I'm not sure if Hitler had anything going in Austria in 1944. He was hiding most of his heinous stuff in Berlin as I recall (I could be wrong). The thing is - the work of Hans Asperger would in fact defy Hitler's view of the Ayrian race, and not the other way around.

Also interesting to note that Asperger used the word "Autism". Was he aware of Kanner's work? At that time I doubt it - so it could only have come from Eugene Bleuler.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 5:03 am

Greentea wrote:
Interesting theory, but it raises a few questions such as how they could be so advanced to do this. Or how come some of us have AS traits that run in the family since before WWII.

Or how about those with no German ancestry? Autism is represented all over the world among every people.

Last edited by WurdBendur on 11 Jan 2008, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.