Mismatch Between Aptitudes and Drives

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 12:33 am

I have noticed that having Asperger's syndrome gives me a set of skills and talents that does not always necessarily align with my natural drives. For example, I have an intense sex drive but little social or conversational skill to successfully attract women with (as having many other desirable characteristics really doesn't matter much if they never "click" with you); I have a bit of social anhedonia, so I come across as flat and unexcited; I just get stuck in a dull, monotonous and my ability to have any passion pass through me becomes limited because of this insipid experience. This is very unattractive to women, who like at least enough animation to know the guy they're talking to isn't dead. If I do get some little opportunity to socialize a bit, a bit of liveliness slowly starts to come back to me, but this process won't kick in before the lady has made her first impression and walked away.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 12:36 am

I have an intense science drive, but I don't really have the math skills to support it. I learn languages easily, but because they are easy to master, they do not interest me. I want to be challenged.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 12:37 am

Yeah, TELL ME ABOUT IT! I can do many things I don't have the drive to satisfy, etc....