Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 9:59 pm

Yes, all the time.

My job? Write Functional Specifications/Systems Analyst...figure out what the system does, what it should do, every detail that needs to be included to ensure it does what it should do...blah, blah, blah...

My worst document is praised by everyone...and yet I still manage to find where I missed something...

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:12 pm

"so that he knows what we know, but knowing that he knows what we know, he would know that we know what he knows and...." - STNG can't remember the episode name (and I call myself a Trekker...;)

yup...I tend in that general direction...;)

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:33 pm

I got my last IQ test online through some site called tickle, it was in English (not my native language, some questions were hard to understand) which changed my score for the better or the worse, I don't know. The result was 133.

If they included things like "emotional intelligence" (oxymoron?) or "social intelligence" I guess my IQ would drop back to 100 then :)

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:41 pm

"over analyzing stuff"

hmmm... am I the only one who wondered... "What EXACTLY does that mean... let me think about this for awhile...."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

better yet they actually TEACH us to do that in management classes... to "actively listen" to our employee and they strongly suggest playing out how it might go in your head several different ways... LOL I was in there with a female friend who's also an Aspie and we just looked at each other.... "DUH we do that with EVERYTHING..." LOL

matt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:54 pm

A few days ago, I noticed that I was still analyzing a conversation three hours after said conversation had ended.

I always do that kind of thing.

eldarhadzi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2008, 10:56 pm

Yeah definitely, particularly when it comes to girls! Getting completely carried away in my head..

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:11 pm

I always over analyze myself. It drives my mom crazy.

Jayutimestwo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jan 2008, 12:20 am

Hell yeah. Even stuff that does not matter. I drive my family crazy pointing out every logical fallacy, every plot hole, every inconsistency. I take simple concepts to extremes and I can't leave anything alone until I've figured it out.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 12:34 am

What do you guys call over analyzing? Analyzing pointlessly or analyzing more than the mindless NTs do?

mom2bax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2008, 12:43 am

well i overanalyze many areas of my life which is why i have trouble sleeping, becasue when i settle down at night they all kind of flood in there so i sit and replay conversations actions and go over what i should have done or shouldn't have done etc., and I'm an NT, although it is likely not the same or to the same degree that Aspies do, it does happen, to me anyways.

MaterialDefender

23 Jan 2008, 12:45 am

stevechoi wrote:

I'll over analyze something, usually a negative thing that I shouldn't be overanalyzing, which leads to depression, anxiety and panic attacks.

I am like that. I always over analyze things to the point were it causes anxiety. Loss of sleep is a problem too, because I don't know how to turn my brain off, and let myself sleep until I am really tired. This leads me to always stay up late, and distract myself (from myself) till I'm really tired.

stevechoi
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2008, 12:55 am

matt wrote:
A few days ago, I noticed that I was still analyzing a conversation three hours after said conversation had ended.

I always do that kind of thing.

I do the same thing. I think it has something to do with taking things literally. I've always heard Aspies take things literally. Since I'm so used to misunderstanding words or phrases (because I take the literally) I always spend time analyzing a conversation after it's over...just to second guess myself and see if there's something I missed.

So twisted...

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 1:48 am

ah yes, overanalyzing and lack of sleep...as here we are day 4 since our citation and I'm still going to bed at 5AM after being completely worn out because my mind is racing...and I can't stop it...so I research and I read, and I research and I read...and I research and I read...and I wonder and I wonder and I wonder...arhg!! !

Anyone on any sleeping pills? I used to take Tylenol PM years ago...until it was disconntinued...it was great! I'm not big on taking medications though...

santabarbarian

23 Jan 2008, 4:04 am

All day, every day.

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2008, 4:10 am

yea I overanlayse

lol...

its called proper ananalyzing lol haha jokes

yea we all gotta control it i guess...

BUT WHAT A GREAT SKILL EH...

some people stop after modification one.. insight one.. thought one... lol

"have a good day peeps... all the way from NZ :P lol... Findn this forum hard eh lol so many people wow... haha
Im used to gettn replies in days not seconds lol... ha..."

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 4:52 am

i do over analyze too,