Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jspohn216
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2008, 11:19 pm

Whats up wrongplanet.net!! ! My name is Justin Spohn and im 20yrs. old with Aspergers Syndrome. I was diagnosed with this sicking disease when i was 8yrs. old and life has sucked do to my quest for acceptance. I've indured everything from love and not being able to handle it to pain and going to juvenile prison for 19 months. Growing up sucked cause I didnt have many friends and the friends I did have where all f**** up in there own way. I would self-medicate with random drugs and ended up getting hooked on my moms oxycotton for a long time. Things have calmed down now cause I think ive controled my issue with actually taking a step back and thinging before I act or say something and taking my pills...but I do still mess up from time to time. The friends I have now im really close to cause they understand me for who I am and I dont have to put a front on for anyone. Still to this day my mom tells people im "special" and they look and talk to me like im ret*d...its gotten me outta trouble with the police at times but then I gotta deal with people treating me like a ret*d when im not. Im known as the jack-ass funnyman between everyone I know and i know alot of people do to my stupid antics threwout my schooling. Either people love me or they hate me and its more hate than love. For now im looking for someone to try to help me with controlling this better than what I got it controlled to. The thing is that I dont take to suggestions and im hard headed but if there is anything out there that can help me im open ears.....thanks
-Justin

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 12:51 am

Sounds like you have had a particularly hard time.

Hang around here and you will learn that you are not the only one, that said you have found Wrongplanet! That is a long way towards it, there are people on these forums who are awesome, nothing less.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 3:23 am

Hey Justin I can relate,totally. Today I joined Wrong Planet also. I'm 33 and wasn't diagnosed until about 7 months ago and I can tell you that our lives have been very similar. I statred drinking at age 13, smoking pot at age 16, full-blown whiskey alcoholic at age 22, oxycontin addict at age 25,and herion addict at age 27. Never really got into speed,I really liked the feeling opiates gave me. I gave up alcohol for opiates because of the effectiveness in medicating and less possibility of DUI's. I have been to jail 5 or 6 times and don't intend on going back. When I discovered Asperger Syndrome,on my own, 7 months ago,it was life-changing. I now had an explanation for my thought processes,which, until then,I just couldn't find the words to explain to others, how I felt,thought, etc... You have an advantage, at least you know that you have Aspergers, which is important knowledge. I too,have problems with relationships and have been unable to find companionship, due to my hyper-anxiety when I'm around other people. Before diagnosed, I had many women approach me and I usually made some sort of excuse,to avoid them, until they lost interest in me. I had no good explanation to give to them, as to why, I couldn't have a relationship. Very frustrating! My advice to you is that, knowledge is power, don't fight Aspergers use it to your advantage. If you keep trying to appear and act normal, your life will be hell. I don't know if you have the severe panic attacks and anxiety that I do. If you do, meds will help, but I haven't found a cure yet. I will probably, always be searching for the answer. Good luck and godspeed, Jason.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 3:40 am

I stop drinking about 2 years ago and thats when I found my true self, was diagnosed with aspergers and lots more..

I now feel I belong and no longer have dark shadows following me everywhere, by facing up to who I truly am, it has totally changed my life around - I now like myself and I,m a very proud Aspie...

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 6:25 am

Welcome.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 9:06 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 12:06 am

Welcome jspohn216,

Sounds rough. You've come to the right place for support etc..