Do You Identify As Being Part Of A Particular Culture?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 7:59 pm

I identified with hippies. It seemed like when I hung out with hippies, they embraced weird people, as long as you were a peace and love kind of person. Then when hippies started disappearing, I thought, wait, I'm not finished being a hippie. Then I realized that it was something deep inside of me that made me this way.

I think that autism spectrum people started the hippies and the beatniks because it's just what they naturally drifted into and then they got trendy because they looked so intriguing so the NTs joined up and marketing took over and clouded everything.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 8:04 pm

Nope. I used to be a video gamer, but not now.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 8:16 pm

I am a Westerner and a Minnesotan culturally.

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2008, 8:52 pm

I shy away from any profoundly 'cultural' events. I've found that they tend to be full of fanatics who irritate me. I say that speaking from the point of someone going to ethnic cultural events, since I don't remember going to another 'cultural' event of any kind. My mum thought it would be good if I went to German sunday school [no it wasn't religious - just happened on Sundays] so that I could learn to speak German, but I didn't, and still don't like the sound of it. I'm rather embarassed about my ethnic background, so that may have some effect on my judgement.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 9:11 pm

I identify with Punk Rockers. I like the leather jackets that they wear, and I want to buy one. I like the classic style jeans that they wear, which is the way that I think jeans should look, in general. I put coloured glue gel in my hair, because I'm not brave enough to dye it. I identify with Sid from Flushed Away. I also listen to old school Punk music. I think that my current phase could last for at least, ten years.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 12:58 am

I am a Machine Head, It was slow, but the last fifty years has transformed machines that were operated by people, to machines that run people.

AI is intelligence without the defective parts.

Here, thanks to technology, a rare group can gather, and leave their worst parts behind.

Humans have their moments, the good parts, but the Internet is 24/7.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

31 Jan 2008, 5:53 pm

This question is easy; I have always identified as being part of my own culture, a culture of one. End of story.

Good fortune,

- Icaurs is the last of his kind...