Describe your meltdowns, please......

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2008, 1:29 pm

I had a nerve-racking morning, and was thisclosetotears today..I listened to Elvis at top volume to soothe me as I went around the house, trying to collect myself...What is a meltdown to you? Please describe...

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 2:51 pm

Oh my meltdowns are sometimes severe, i throw things, i bite everything i see, i headbang like crazy, i beat myself, feels like my heads on fast forward while my body is on pause, i scream, i usually dont make any sense if i do talk, i start breathing really loud, i break tons of stuff. What i do to calm myself, music helps a lot, or i go in bed and headbang against my bed, then take tons of weight and put it over my forehead, or take a cold pack and put it on my forehead, those things usually help me calm down alittle.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 3:29 pm

I tend to shriek and (if it's a really bad one) swear at everything around me. Basically, the volume goes up and my self-imposed controls are obliterated.

It's highly embarrassing, as it just looks like I'm having a massive temper tantrum...

stimpysuzie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2008, 5:24 pm

I just went crazy there a few minutes ago cause I am stuck in a little basement apt with my spouse and we are trying to start a business and its no fun at all so I smashed a glass on the tile which cracked along with the glass. Then I screamed at the top of my lungs and walked off to the computer feeling like a complete failure.
Meltdowns are happening with me more often these days.
I don't even seem to want to control them anymore.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 5:48 pm

A crying fit, usually followed by either headbanging, scratching my wrists or hitting myself.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 6:22 pm

crying,rockking,hitting anyone who tryes to come calm me down which often gets me pinned in floor,various restain tecniques.. :? :roll:

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 6:44 pm

well my meltdowns as a adult is much calmer and different them most of you, i guess, i don't head bang and don't beat myself up or bite anyone. for me it's usually really tired, (go to sleep) artheritis starts kicking in and stomach hurts and some stomach gas...

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 7:45 pm

I'm happy to say I haven't had a meltdown in years. But back when I did, I'd mostly scream and cry and tip chairs over and such. Usually over injustice.
Now I'm much more introvert.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 9:18 pm

I throw stuff and hurt people.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 9:29 pm

I bunch my hands into claws, swear a lot and shout (I think). I also have an urge to hit or break something.

Only if I'm attacked mid-meltdown will I do anything to another person.

I don't know my own strength (I get stronger but don't turn green or anything :) ). This is dangerous if I throw something.

Dishman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2008, 10:43 pm

I melt down in two slightly different ways, showing anger or sorrow.

With anger, it feels like my skin is on fire, and everything turns crimson. My muscles clench, and I'm physically ready for combat, but that doesn't happen. Instead, all the violence comes out my mouth in the form of words that seem calculated to cause pain. I'm not there, though.

With sorrow, the biggest difference is that everything seems to fade to black.

Sometimes it takes a sharp blow to the forehead (self-inflicted) to bring me back.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 10:45 pm

I basically cry and shut the door. I may get aggressive if attacked or talked to, but I usually can tell when I'm going to have a meltdown, so I get away from people. I like to be as discreet as possible under the circumstances.

Sally
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Feb 2008, 7:43 am

i usually run to my room to get away from people, shout & swear at myself, insult myself a lot, bash my head either with my hand, with a shoe or against a wall, bite my hands & arms, scratch my arms. also my breathing goes a bit weird, it becomes loud & i begin to feel short of breath, a bit like when i have a panic attack. luckily i dont have too many now.

TheFace
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2008, 7:48 am

I cry, swear, scream, cry, cry, scream, and then fall asleep.