A YouTube video I posted on having Asperger's

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

nathan-51
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Feb 2008, 6:18 pm

Hey all, sorry it's been this long since I've last been here. I've been really busy and all. Anyhow, I just posted a video of myself on YouTube about what it's like for me to have Asperger's. This video is about a year old as of today, and it comes from a bigger video from me and eight of my former schoolmates from college, talking about our disabilities, what it's like to live with them, and how they affect us. I thought I'd give you guys the link to my video clip that I've posted on YouTube, and I welcome any comments, either here on this Wrong Planet message chain, or on the YouTube video comments section, doesn't really matter to me.
Anyhow, the URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceuQpZeGO3w
Enjoy!

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 7:30 pm

Your video is very good, you certainly explained Asperger's very well.

oblekis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2008, 8:05 pm

Thank you for sharing your video, it was very good. I really like watching videos about Autism/AS, it helps me understand what you go through on a daily basis, and gives me a little window into my sons world.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 8:15 pm

Nice video Nathan. You explain very well. I am most impressed by how broad you keep it. Many video's of Asperger's I have seen on YouTube tend to be so specific they explain aspeger's in a way that I would not want it explained. But you manage a balance of detail and big picture that could be almost generic, but still tailor made and personal.

I think that is what I am trying to say anyhow.

As an aside it would be interesting to see the other video's in the chain. Are you aware if any of your classmates have uploaded their own video's?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 8:15 pm

I liked Nathan! I liked also how you were seated in front of a bookcase with 2 green books and many others; the titles were not dicernable over the screen. The aura of mystique. Yes, well done and you mentioned "depth," which is important to address. As in, NTs sometimes insert meaning where it does not exist! Plus literal interpretation and that we say what we mean. I also have difficulties since I am leery; have I followed their rules properly? Was that ok? I cannot 'read' another so there are no cues. I liked that you included these elements. Plus, I think any 'layperson' could easily follow you video and understand, which is what matters in this venue. I'll add 5 stars for you (is that the max, yes?) *****