When you think intensely, do you get cold?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tbam
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2008, 7:36 pm

I'm finding that when I type, or write or do something that requires a lot of intense thought and focus, my body temperature drops quite dramatically. Like i start to get cold and tense, and start jiggling my legs very very rapidly, and my hands get really cold to the touch and my head feels really tense.

Does anyone else experience this?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

19 Feb 2008, 7:40 pm

only when im outside thinking. in antartica, :P

oi antartica! :star:

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 8:05 pm

I feel more of the opposite. I heat up.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 8:27 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
I feel more of the opposite. I heat up.
Me too!

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 8:35 pm

You're probably not dropping your temperature but your blood may be rushing to one part of your body (organs and head) and leaving your extremities chilled. It doesn't do that when I think hard but when I'm talking intensely. All of a sudden I'm chattering and shivering. Doesn't matter how warm it is or what I'm wearing.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 8:58 pm

No, I'm always hotter then most other people at all times.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 11:24 pm

no....
that is interesting though!

For me, I'm not sure, but I believe that if anything I reach cold during periods of brain 'inactivity'.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 12:29 am

my hands and head get warm... the rest does get cooler

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 4:06 am

tbam wrote:
I'm finding that when I type, or write or do something that requires a lot of intense thought and focus, my body temperature drops quite dramatically. Like i start to get cold and tense, and start jiggling my legs very very rapidly, and my hands get really cold to the touch and my head feels really tense.

Does anyone else experience this?

Yes and no. Yes, it happens. No, not by intese focus or thought.

If I begin to think about my past, I begin to tremble. If I try to write about something personal, I tremble. If I am having to put effort into my position, I tremble. It happens even when I'm reading something that I can relate to, or something personal.

My hands are always cold though. My parents tell me that I might be dead. 8O

Every now and then when they are shivering I'll go up to them and grab their faces. :lol:

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 4:32 am

I get hot and sweaty. From pacing.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Feb 2008, 5:10 am

yes. but not exactly intense thinking... it happens the most when i read fiction book and i'm very involved in the story. if i am not so involved in what i am reading, i do not get as cold. just my hands and feet get cold. (normally, they are very hot. my palms are sweaty more often than not.)

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 5:16 am

I wouldn't know; I never think intensely. Thoughts float vaguely in and out of my mind; most nonsensical, some coherent. I don't even know how to think intensely. :?

theQuail
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2008, 7:05 pm

I get dizzy sometimes when I find myself having philosophical thoughts without warning. I don't think I usually concentrate for a long time, though.

tbam
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2008, 7:32 pm

It usually happens for me when i'm typing a long post. Like some of the ones i've put on here. I'm trying to type fast and get everything in my head down in words. I just get really cold and feel really tense.

Normally however, i'm a bar heater. I'm exceptionally hot every other time of day. Super hot hands.

However, I will say that i only notice me get cold when i'm at work concentrating heavily.

It could just be the air conditioning, but it happens uniquely when i'm intensely focused in writing or typing.

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 10:17 pm

If I'm pissed, my body goes hyperthermic immediately, as if a switched was turned on. My husband has at times been rubbing my back when this has happened and asked, "Hun, do you feel okay? You just started to heat up, a lot."

Interestingly, in an argument or lengthy debate, I get very cold. My extremities turn pale white and eventually blue. I figured this is because I have Raynaud's and stress triggers it.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 10:25 pm

I get hot.