Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2008, 2:44 pm

I get random shudders / shivers. I get them pretty frequently at least a few times a week, but it might be days before I get them again and might have a couple in an hour. It seems pretty sporadic and not evidently related to anything. I do notice that I am often a little chilled, but being in the MidWest in the middle of winter pretty much means that I am always cold until late spring rolls around.

Mine I can usually tell I will get one about 30 seconds before it hits. I get a strange tingling at the back and base of my head and slight twinges at the base of my back right above my hips. A short while later a shiver rolls up from my lower back all the way up my spine twitching my shoulders a bit and usually causing my head to shake back and forth like I am shaking it to say no.

I just had a slight one while typing this. The twitch went from the left lower back up to my right arm causing my tricep to slightly spasm and then went on to my head causing it to sake back and forth twice. It is a weird sensation and makes me wonder if I had these for long and never noticed before. That is what I have come to notice about my finger twitching and other stims, I have been doing them forever, but never really noticed that fact.

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 3:53 pm

twosheds wrote:
zee wrote:
I get them at night, occasionally. It's always when I'm drifting off to sleep. :?

That's called a myoclonic jerk, if my memory of House serves.

Is that what those are? 8O The type of full body spasms that feel like someone has thrown you onto the bed?

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 4:26 pm

i get em

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 5:56 pm

join teh club

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 6:03 pm

I have them too.

nerefir
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Feb 2008, 6:41 pm

jayssite wrote:
Does anyone else experience whole-body spasms every so often? My whole body will just kinda spasm all of a sudden, after a brief feeling of build-up. But I can usually suppress it with a little effort. I thought it was some odd form of shivering, because it happens most often when I'm cold, but after learning I have AS I've taken more notice of my quirks, and I realized that it happens even when I'm not cold.

The other day, I was wearing a hat, and the weird spasms happened extremely often that day. It was really bad and I couldn't even fully suppress it. But when I took the hat off, I noticed that it mostly stopped. So I'm guessing it's at least partially related to touch sensitivity. It doesn't only happen when I'm cold or wearing a hat, though.

Does this happen to anyone else?

It happens to me almost every day. My entire body will feel kind of tingly, until it becomes unbearable, at which point I twitch and it feels better. The twitch varies, sometimes it's like a head jerk or leg kick, sometimes it's an entire-body spasm.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2008, 7:05 pm

omg this happens to me too.

theQuail
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2008, 7:49 pm

I get some brief violent shivering movements too... mostly when I am cold but sometimes randomly. I wonder what they are. They don't feel like any type of seizure I've heard of, and I can usually suppress or delay them.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 8:35 pm

When I get excited about something, I do that.

lotus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Feb 2008, 10:30 pm

I've had them since I was 12.

lotus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

txstorm
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Feb 2008, 10:42 pm

I've had some muscle spasms, once in a while it would be body-wide as you described. Haven't had them in a while. Not since I went gluten-free and took magnesium supplements.

Turtle000
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2008, 9:08 am

I don't think I get whole-body spasms. It mostly seems to just be my right side. I get them all the time and not just when I'm cold. It only lasts a couple of seconds.

unityemissions
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Feb 2008, 11:20 pm

I have this happen all the time. For me I think it has to do with overthinking and not getting enough oxygen to my brain. I will overwork my brain and then feel a surge that starts at my brain and travels down my body usually provoking arm or leg shutters for a few seconds. I notice that just before it happens it's as if my brain starts shutting down, then the surge acts as a reset button to bring neural activity back to a steady state. I dunno maybe i'm far off but thats all I got.

TheAbided
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2008, 1:24 am

I get them and they tend to be pretty random. They seem based around my spine and i get the urge to do it, but if i do it the urge goes away. I can't really stop myself from doing it though, like some of you. It usually last a few seconds, and most who know me know i do it and don't think much of it, but if someone doesn't know me I suppose it may seem a bit odd, and i usually try to pass it off as nothing.

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2008, 1:56 am

Yep, all the time. I get them all the time, and I find them oddly comforting, since it [usually] means that everything is going at least somewhat normally.