Parents Who Deliberately Frighten Their Kids for Laughs

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:24 am

There is a video on E-Baum's World of a some daddy (I think it's his daddy) who apparently thinks its funny to scare the crap out of his kid by chasing him through the house wearing a Freddy Kruger mask while his famous signature glove. I think the kid is around 5 or so.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/234196/

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:58 am

This sounds like something straight out of The Simpsons. I've previously dismissed comments stating that the show was making Americans stupider, but I guess maybe some people really do take Homer's approach to parenting seriously.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 3:03 am

When I was little (like four), my parents and I used to play 'hide and seek' a lot. Anyway, my dad's favorite thing to do during that game was to hide behind the doors and jump out and scare me. He also did that with my mom... :roll:

Noelle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Mar 2008, 3:10 am

Hey... is that Wilfred Brimley at the end of the clip?

BTW, new here, hi.

Joeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2008, 5:01 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUnnq2AvzgU&NR=1[/youtube]

I refuse to say anything, on the grounds that a clip like this needs no explanation.

Shayne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2008, 5:16 am

mikibacsi1124 wrote:
This sounds like something straight out of The Simpsons. I've previously dismissed comments stating that the show was making Americans stupider, but I guess maybe some people really do take Homer's approach to parenting seriously.

homer has never done anything to deliberately frighten his children..

hes a good guy and has a good heart..

anyone making these kinds of comments about the simpsons probably hasnt taken the time to understand it at all.

-

how many of youse parents didnt do stuff to frighten you for laughs?

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 7:20 am

I hate being scared.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 7:30 am

my parents never got laughs out of scaring the pants off me.
i don't get what people find so funny about scaring children, it is totally not cool.

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2008, 7:39 am

When my brothers were 12 and 14 and I was like... 3 my dad threw an M80 into their bed, on top of the covers. No one got hurt but I heard they both pissed themselves... They got him back though... We were a bit of a prank family.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 11:22 am

Mikhaillost wrote:
When my brothers were 12 and 14 and I was like... 3 my dad threw an M80 into their bed, on top of the covers. No one got hurt but I heard they both pissed themselves... They got him back though... We were a bit of a prank family.

Yeah my brother was into practical jokes. He was very creative and mischievous and I guess that was his outlet for that. But he meant them in fun, so none of us were too bothered by it, somehow.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 11:34 am

I was quite permanently scarred by my dad and later my brother hiding in various places in my room or outside my window and then scaring me. One time, before I had curtains (I was like 7 or 8) my dad had his face at my window at night with a lit match and a scary face. Sometimes I'd be in my room for quite a while and see an eye looking back at me in my closet or realize someone under my bed.
I still have nightmares about people bursting in on me at any moment., I never feel like I'm totally alone and I believe it's lead to self-criticism (always feeling watched and judged).

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Mar 2008, 12:20 pm

Silver_Meteor wrote:
There is a video on E-Baum's World of a some daddy (I think it's his daddy) who apparently thinks its funny to scare the crap out of his kid by chasing him through the house wearing a Freddy Kruger mask while his famous signature glove. I think the kid is around 5 or so.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/234196/

ahhh poor kid. he looks younger then 5, at least I was not in diapers at that age but anyways ya that father needs to chill out a bit, I mean its maby cool for a second, but ya dont need to keep chasing him around the house for the duration of the whole film, a bit much.

I personally dont see anything wrong with a little scary prank, just so long as you know when enough is enough. Dad used to try and scare me as a kid, I thought it was pretty funny but I never could one up him.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Mar 2008, 1:15 pm

This kid looks like he's actually only about 3. He's way too old to be in diapers. That house is a disaster. Someone that knows these people should call CPS. These people shouldn't even be allowed to have goldfish let alone children. It's sad that they don't know when to stop. It's not going to be so funny when that dad wakes up with the kid holding an axe over his head, will it?

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2008, 2:47 pm

If my parents were walking around in Krueger Masks.... XD They know better to do that, I glomp anything that remotely resembles Krueger.

But really, scaring the daylights out of your kids on purpose is rather inhumane, my Mother did it once, she regretted it because I was furious with her the entire night.

I hate anything that sneaks up on me, really.... But parents who do that to their kids, it's horrible, unless the brats LIKE being scared, but otherwise, it's horrible.

Everyone knows it's Windy!"

08 Mar 2008, 2:52 pm

Liverbird wrote:
This kid looks like he's actually only about 3. He's way too old to be in diapers. That house is a disaster. Someone that knows these people should call CPS. These people shouldn't even be allowed to have goldfish let alone children. It's sad that they don't know when to stop. It's not going to be so funny when that dad wakes up with the kid holding an axe over his head, will it?

The kid looked five but I was in diapers till I was 3. Some are potty trained later than that for some reason. It's common in autistic children I read and the average age for them is seven. I'm not saying that kid is autistic, he could still be in diapers for a reason like he has a medical condition or he is just late or he wears them to bed and he had just gotten up and they haven't taken it off of him yet or he was about to go down for a nap so they put one on him and his father decides to chase him around the house. Some older children wear diapers to bed because of bedwetting.
I don't jump to assumptions like lot of people do. I only list the possibilities and don't make any opinions since I don't know them or know anything about them.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:59 pm

My dad was really hypocritical about that kind of thing. He strictly enforced a "no scary entertainment" rule (I wasn't supposed to be "exposed" to any tv shows, movies, or books that might be frightening).

But he derived a great deal of pleasure from taking me aside and telling me very morbid and purportedly factual stories. He really liked to tell me about ancient civilizations that ritually sacrificed young girls. He would describe the girl's death in great detail. He also told me about serial killers, torture, cannibalism, and similar subjects. As an adult, I researched some of the stories and found out that he had made up the most gruesome ones.

All of it was more graphic than the movies and tv shows I wasn't allowed to watch. So I guess he just wanted to be the only source of frightening entertainment for me, or have total control over it, or something.