Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SuperStinger71
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Mar 2008, 12:46 pm

Do you have specific routines you've formed that you stick with? I've found that similarity and routine are easier for me to remember and perform, not to mention are more comforting. Straying from the routine can sometimes be okay, but can also be a recipe for disaster. For the most part, I stick with the same things though.

Every restaurant we go to, I usually have a standard meal I order (according to which place we're at), and usually won't get anything else unless MY meal was taken off the menu. Whenever it's time to go vehicle shopping, I always order something with the same equipment (base, BASE model pickup with no options whatsoever, stick shift, no power anything). I've found I even have a very methodical way of eating too (have to eat all the french fries first before the burger...under no circumstances can I take a bite here or there of each).

Does anyone else do this too? or am I OCD as well as an Aspie??

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

22 Mar 2008, 2:02 pm

I'm actually not that strict on routines. I have a few, but not many.

One of mine is always eating the same thing for breakfast every morning. I have another which is before I go to bed, I have to touch my light switch 60 times to make sure that it's "flat". Don't ask me why I do this as I have no idea. :roll:

I also eat one food at a time instead of mixing.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 3:30 pm

I always do tings at routine as its easier 4 me 2 perform such as havin my breakfast at 9:40am watchin da weather at least 4-5 times have lunch at 1pm have jim skinner (dinner) at 6:30pm n so on.

craola
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2008, 3:59 pm

My routines are not too bad, they don't affect anyone but me anymore which I am quite pleased with.

My most important ones are my washing hands and my laptop, those two cannot be strayed from by any account and if anyone interrupts me then I start again, if I'm hassled I can get quite upset.